• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Liverpool v Sheffield Utd (EPL 2/1/20 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Alexander-Arnold

• Gomez

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Robertson [off 88’]

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Henderson

Votes: 82 66.1%
  • Wijnaldum

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • Milner

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Salah [GOAL 4’, off 90+1]

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Firmino

• Mane [GOAL 64’, off 78’]

Votes: 47 37.9%
  • Origi [on 78’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lallana [on 88’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elliot [on 90+1’]

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jim bouki

The more we win the more opposition teams wanna be the ones to end that winning run. Yet regardless what every team has thrown at us, this Liverpool side just brushes it off seemingly without getting out of 2nd gear. Must be completely demoralising for the rest of the league. We're that good at the moment I even heard some manc fans argue with other teams fans that because they drew with us, as opposed to getting beat like the rest of the league, then that makes them the 2nd best team.... :rolleyes::LOL:

boston red

Show me the Mane.
Henderson is turning into one of the best midfielders in the world !!
Boys are hitting levels that are miles a head of others, Wilder courteous in his interview.(y)
Gomez could become a legend here, injury free with the help of God, seems like he's everywhere.

13 clear game hand , it's hard not to get excited!! for me it's got be mathematically locked up so probably the end of March. :geek:

On another note haven't seen a united fan months!! :unsure: bawhaha

Danny_

It's hard to believe the table. Last year, we were always on a knife edge with City breathing down our necks. This year, we are light years ahead of everyone else. It's been so long since we last won the title and this year, it seems so easy.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
12 months unbeaten in the Premier League! Outstanding, so please nobody complain tonight. We were totally dominant and at at times it was like a practice match because we refused to give them the ball. I really expected a much tougher game, but Sheffield Utd were not at the races tonight.
This is a very special team and our captain, Jordan Henderson, was outstanding tonight. He was easily the best player on the pitch. He’s a leader and you can see by his reaction after every game, he’s on a mission. Something is going to happen in May!

GaryC

We’re now down to our bare bones in terms of first team players. Hopefully Fab, Matip, Shaq, Lovren and Ox come back this month. Luckily for us Minamino is already on board.
On the other hand, this could be good news for Harvey Elliot, Williams, Hoever, Curtis Jones and Brewster. Time to unleash the kids!

Red over the water

Adrian
Hoever Phillips SvdB Williams
Milner Lallana Jones
Elliott Minamino Origi
Good effort. It will be interesting to see what side is picked, and this might be very close.

I want to add one or two more senior players as I really don’t want Everton to win, but hopefully a team like the one indicated will have enough about them to get the job done. Also, when I think about what senior players I want to put in there, I also think about the schedule coming up and I want to rest them!

Maybe Minamino will really announce himself to the fans right away. Or perhaps young Master Elliot will shine, especially with a couple of better players to work with after the Villa League Cup game.

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
Nicely controlled win. Just what we needed and never looked in doubt after the error from Sheffield at the start cost them a goal.

Gini is boss at protecting the ball and breaking up play, but fuck me, I wish the guy could wear the same shooting boots he takes to his Dutch games. Whenever he shoots he seems to send it over the crossbar into row 30 and he really should be at least forcing the keeper into a save 90% of the time. Extremely frustrating!

Hugely disappointed for Keita. Beginning to think the guy is made of glass and just when he was starting to hit his straps.

Might not be a popular view, but I'm happy to sacrifice the FA Cup as well this season to protect the fit players we have left.

We have 3 extremely difficult and critical league games coming up. We know Maureen will make it hard for us, Wolves will want revenge and of course Manure will be right up for it.

Keep churning out the wins boys!

koptician

We'll go again!
Henderson is turning into one of the best midfielders in the world !!
Boys are hitting levels that are miles a head of others, Wilder courteous in his interview.(y)
Gomez could become a legend here, injury free with the help of God, seems like he's everywhere.

13 clear game hand , it's hard not to get excited!! for me it's got be mathematically locked up so probably the end of March. :geek:

On another note haven't seen a united fan months!! :unsure: bawhaha
when he ran down the wing and crossed i partly feared something like what happened with Mee at Burnley as the Blades defender also slid in. Difference is the Blades lad went in to clear the danger whilst Mee deliberately wanted to leave something in. Cunt

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Only Klopp knows where Matip, Lovern, Ox and Fabinho are currently. He will know when they will be available and so on, that will make his decision come the rest of the month.

We do get 6 days off and then 8 (barring a replay) with a further 4 before the FA Cup is squeezed in again.... after that we have Westham midweek and Southampton that weekend. Then 2 weeks off.

Up to Klopp on Sunday, he knows where his squad is at, I can’t personally see him play SvB but I would expect the lads on the bench tonight to make up 7.

Last edited:

Ray_Chua

I must be the only soul still awaken at 4.04am in my apartment block and my loud cheers might have disturbed my family and neighbours... but can't blame me, can they? What a performance, what a beautiful game of soccer..... total dominance. Like classic wine, we are getting better as we aged.

COYR.

Kazemagicsg

The best is yet to come ⚽ 6 times cl wins
3 tough games coming up(tottenham, man utd and wolves) maintain the 13 points lead till april. I do believe we will secure title after game 34. Earlier if city and leicester drop points

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
LOL, Liverpool’s new official website URL:

WWWWWWDWWWWWWWWWWWWW.liverpoolfc.com

Perfect control of a game. Amazing only if you win the game.

I mentioned pregame that I though it would be about 70% possession, yet am not amazed that it was 75%. Amazing only if you win the game.

PL record for amount of passes in a game. Amazing only if you win the game.

Another clean sheet. Amazing only if you win the game.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Enjoyed the little ABBA "Happy New Year" tune playing in the background at Anfield while Hendo and Virg were being interviewed. Haven't heard that tune for a long time. (Very off topic here. :p )

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
It's great and all that we are flying right now, but I DARE NOT tempt fate by talking about it being a cruise to May. This club has had it's fair share of collapse over the years. I will NOT be discussing anything about the table until that whistle blows.

Started looking at flights for April 11th. Easter weekend. Saturday match at home vs Villa. @ptt @Red_Jedi

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
feels good to be TOTL spreading happiness throughout the veins
credit to the lads, coaches and supporters for always doing their best to keep the momentum and long may this continue
YNWA

SBYM

What the fuck do you want?
Ad-free Member
Routine win,made so by a terrific team effort.
The Blades hardly laid a glove on us,respect to wilder for his comments though!
MOTM Hendo,a year or two ago you wondered sometimes why he was there.
We are now seeing the answer to that,great distribution added to his work ethic,though today we saw plenty of good passing.
I think the dual circumstances of a prolonged injury-free period and a role that suits him down to the ground, added to his unquestionable leadership skill, has made him one of the most valuable midfielders in the world.