• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Liverpool v Spurs (EPL 27/10/19

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • Lovren

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 96 63.6%
  • Wijnaldum [off 77’]

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Henderson [GOAL 52’]

Votes: 38 25.2%
  • Salah [GOAL 74’, off 85’]

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Firmino [off 90 +2’]

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Mane

Votes: 54 35.8%
  • Milner [on 77’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez [on 85’]

• Origi [on 90 +2’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Last edited:

Incognito

The Normal One
Deserved 3 points and anything else would have been absolutely unfair on run of play. Hendo was immense and was man possessed. Fabinho my MotM though. He's easily MotM 9/10 games, what a player! Bit disappointed he didn't take a yellow, shouldn't get one at Villa now I hope.

It was very crucial to get back to winning ways after the Utd game and man we have been back winning for the good.

cynicaloldgit

Offside by an armpit
Ad-free Member
Never in doubt.

Spurs’ opener was fortunate, what with Degsy’s deflection, and they offered precious little after that apart from Son’s effort against the bar and Rose’s shot into the car park.

Had it not been for profligate finishing, we’d have had five or six today- all our shots and headers seemed to be straight at Gazzaniga.

Sky’s wankfest over the mouth-breather’s goal was embarrassing- my grandmother could have scored that, and she’s dead.

The beauty is that we’re grinding out results without playing at our best- just wait until we hit our stride and start battering teams 5-0.

MOTM Sadio for his relentless workrate and trickery.

And anyone who ever doubts Hendo clearly knows nothing about football.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Job done again. 3 points. Effective. Needed a blast up their asses during half time but we won against a side who came on a great win in mid week and had an obvious strategy to contain us, got an early goal. It was close but I always believe that other than Lovren, we are looking at the most balanced first 11 we have in the team. Keep on believing.

macca1970

A goal behind in the first minute against a team with no intention to play and just look for the counter opportunity.

So coming back from a goal down to take the 3 points is massive.

Also, Lucas Moura usually does well against us, so glad he was kept off till near the end.

Alright Now

Job done again. 3 points. Effective. Needed a blast up their asses during half time but we won against a side who came on a great win in mid week and had an obvious strategy to contain us, got an early goal. It was close but I always believe that other than Lovren, we are looking at the most balanced first 11 we have in the team. Keep on believing.
More rants from you, please!

macca1970

I was worried, but these guys never give up. Love this team!
it's what Klop has been saying since day one over 4 years ago. This team will keep playing till the game is over, hence the Anfield crowd (and us at home) need to keep beleiving rather than dissing players they don;t like. Get behind the team when the game is on, and the criticisms can come in the post match discussions.

StevenAlonso

Relieved.. Such a massive 3 points especially after losing 2 last week.. We shrug that off so soon and that's a sign of Champions.. City have had the easier draw by far. We had already played Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Spurs and 6 points ahead.. Great going lads!!

phil smith

Uphill climb that one but at the end of the day a great three points. Thought Klopp left the substitution a bit late. Still think we could put a better midfield out against the other big teams. Fabinho had a good game as did Trent but I gave Robbo my vote for his energy. Allison was rock solid in the last ten minutes.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Bit concerned at HT,the ball wasn’t going in,but thank fuck it did in the second half.
Sadio MOTM for me,he was immense.
Anyone who writes of Hendo needs to have a talk with themselves,and Mo’s penalty was the icing we needed.

StevenAlonso

If refs are unbiased, we would be getting a lot of free kicks in dangerous positions.
It's a fucking disgrace that ref let play continue inspite of the fact the mane gets fouled in every attack.
Mate After watching Atkinson last week I felt this ref was brilliant. You could at least understand not giving a couple of free kicks but felt he had a very good game and got all big decisions right.. Atkinson is a disgrace..

Ljc1109

Hell yes!! My heart rate can start coming down now. Thought we were absolutely immense in this game. Fought tooth and nail for this win against a whole lot of snide fouls. Not to mention their backup keeper who decided he wanted to try and be world class today- apparently that’s the most saves in the premier league this season. If Lloris was in we would have scored at least 5!! Allison with a big save at the end. TAA and Robbo immense. Fabinho a monster. Henderson worked his ass off and got a well deserved goal. Great game, I’m so happy spurs got what they deserved - which is absolutely nothing! YNWA