• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (UCL FINAL 1/6/2019 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 201 75.8%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 62’]

• Henderson

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Mane [off 89’]

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Salah [GOAL 2’]

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Firmino [off 58’]

• Origi [on 58’, GOAL 87’]

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Milner [on 62’]

• Gomez [on 89’]

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Been in hospital last few weeks still in now, I watched the match from my hospital bed I delayed my pain medication as it makes me drowsy wasn't going to miss this. My best friend who lives in Newcastle facetimeand we watched the match together. He kept checking on me nagging to see if I was okay, when we scored the second a goal a male nurse knowing I was watching it on the iPad ran in shouting "2-0"? To which ire plied that we had he then jumped around my room back out into the corridor screaming "Get the fuck in". Then he stopped realised what he had just done and ran back into my room saying "Glyn don't get too excited, you will be sick stay calm do you need anything", he then hugged me and left the room. It's now 5:45 still awake pain needs slowly starting to kick in but the agony and pain and nausea was worth it and to almost show again in a profound way how important the fans are and what the club means to everyone.
Well done lads last nigh you became part of Liverpool folklore and will be treasured forever. this is just the start though the glory days are back and we back were we belong and this time we keeping the fucking perch
Oh and I did say we would snot them 2-0
Get well soon Glyn, hope you are home soon. Stay calm now okay. :well done:

Maria

Ad-free Member
Time and karma reveal everything.
Once again, those who stuck with the team and given their best to win have been rewarded.
Those who betray us will walk alone.
Coutinho must be thinking, what have I done, just like owen in 05.
Selling coutinho for 142M£ will go down as one of the most epic robberies in modern football. We got two world class players who have made instant impact!
Lads, we are back, the giant has woken from its slumber and its hungry!!
You made me think of that crime-comedy film "The Italian Job'. Now, they need to do another one 'The Madrid Job'. "You were only supposed to blow the bloody goal posts off"lol

I woke up at 7AM this morning.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
WOW.We did it. Fantastic result although the performance was not our best. MOTM ? hard to choose between Virgil and Alison with an honourable mention for Hendo who worked tirelessly , back and forth and across the pitch , for 90 minutes.
A dream result as my sick wife gets to see LFc win a biggy.

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
This season was my first as a Reds Fan and a football fan. There’s something very, very special about this team and the fans that’s not found in any other Sport I’ve every watched. Never have I had tears rolling down my face when a score was made or the fans sing YNWA! I feel privileged to have been a fan and supporter this 18/19 season and I look to be on track to be a Liverpool supporter for life. PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPS 19/20, I feel it coming!
Welcome to the fold Falcon! you sure picked the best season to become a fan. seeing only 1 loss and so many many exceptional games. I fear you will only have the same to look forward to in the coming years with this team mate. buckle up motherfucker!

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
Been in hospital last few weeks still in now, I watched the match from my hospital bed I delayed my pain medication as it makes me drowsy wasn't going to miss this. My best friend who lives in Newcastle facetimeand we watched the match together. He kept checking on me nagging to see if I was okay, when we scored the second a goal a male nurse knowing I was watching it on the iPad ran in shouting "2-0"? To which ire plied that we had he then jumped around my room back out into the corridor screaming "Get the fuck in". Then he stopped realised what he had just done and ran back into my room saying "Glyn don't get too excited, you will be sick stay calm do you need anything", he then hugged me and left the room. It's now 5:45 still awake pain needs slowly starting to kick in but the agony and pain and nausea was worth it and to almost show again in a profound way how important the fans are and what the club means to everyone.
Well done lads last nigh you became part of Liverpool folklore and will be treasured forever. this is just the start though the glory days are back and we back were we belong and this time we keeping the fucking perch
Oh and I did say we would snot them 2-0
yeah I also predicted the 2-0 win, but I did say it would either be 2-0 or 7-0 nil. get well soon mate, one thing I KNOW, for me wtahcing Liverppol every week has medicinal affects, releives all the stress and keeps me healthy. so I say "no apple a day for me" thanks

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Couldnt post last night, I think tiredness and emotion got to me (and wine, prosecco and a couple of gins)
Allison was immense again, Virg is bordering on ridicolous, Robbo is a fucking machine.... and everyone is in tune like a Masserati engine.
This is immense, this gives John Henry reward for investment, this gives Klopp reward for brilliance, this gives the team/squad belief. The burden of "nearly" is gone.
I really dont care who we buy or sell. I think we know what we are doing, and we will do it.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Champions League winners. Fitting ending to a great season, and a nice starting point for a new legacy.

Wtf are we supposed to do now for 3 month ? Get daily reports about @FilthyBloke twins ( we are still waiting to know their names mate. Surely Allison will be one them ).
Twins are fine! One is on my lap asleep and the other is being fed.
And their names are Willow and Brooke. Don’t ask me which one is which because I have no idea.
I knew I wouldn’t be able to name them after Divock or Jurgen as i had to fight tooth and nail to name one of our rabbits Sami after 2005.

As for the next 3 months, I can tell you now what will happen to the twins.
Sleep. Eat. Sleep. Eat. Sleep. Eat.

Plus side it’s transfer season time!

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
REWRITTEN

We've conquered all of Europe
We're never going to stop
From Paris Down To mADRID
We've won the fucking lot
But Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly
The fields of Anfield road
We are loyal supporters
And we bleed for Liverpool
Allez, Allez, Allez.
Allez, Allez, Allez. x6

koptician

We'll go again!
Maybe everyone else can SHUT THE FUCK UP about Kloppo's struggles in Finals from now on.

Maybe everyone else can SHUT THE FUCK UP about our lack of trophies from now on.

Yes? Yes?!
HELL YEAH!!

Also I’d like to point out that prick Ferdinand kept bleating on about how our season would have been a “catastrophe” had we not won the final. No it would not have. Annoyed the hell out of me

Maria

Ad-free Member
@Livvy
When you get a moment, please do post what the German media post match video interviews etc) are saying about last night CL final. Doesn't matter if its in German.

These are memories, thank you.

Last edited:

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
@Maria I presume, there will be no laundry for some time now!?
Must be buzzing with excitement, I think it's time you outsource it for a week and chill out on our no.6!! You deserve it! :celebrating: :cheers:

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Giving all the credits to Klopp and rightly deserved and saying its not about him being the amongst names like Emlyn Hughes but its about the team. He is a great captain. I think tonight, Henderson came onto his own. He is not just a "not good enough to replace Gerrard" captain. He is Jordan Henderson, our beloved Captain who lifted our 6th European Cup.

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
Spare a thought for all the Everton fans who planned parties if Spurs won! I bet County Road was deserted last night. Ha ha! Watch and weep bitters! Watch and weep! There’s always the river festival for you to go to, while the reds are parading the trophy!