• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (UCL FINAL 1/6/2019 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 199 75.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 62’]

• Henderson

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Mane [off 89’]

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Salah [GOAL 2’]

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Firmino [off 58’]

• Origi [on 58’, GOAL 87’]

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Milner [on 62’]

• Gomez [on 89’]

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
That is the same for me, just can't enough of my beloved Anfield Reds. Loving all the videos - stories - just wonderful. YNWA :celebrating:
Saturday night, I went to bed at 3 am and all Sunday I was so lazy, had the Liverpool tv on all day. It was my festival yesterday and instead of celebrating and phoning up relatives and friends to wish them good festival, I was watching LFC videos, they were wondering where I was. Luckily my mum bailed me out, said I have scarlet fever lol .

Red Skip

Red Skip
Saturday night, I went to bed at 3 am and all Sunday I was so lazy, had the Liverpool tv on all day. It was my festival yesterday and instead of celebrating and phoning up relatives and friends to wish them good festival, I was watching LFC videos, they were wondering where I was. Luckily my mum bailed me out, said I have scarlet fever lol .
:-):well done::celebrating:

ShadesOfRed

TIA Youth Team
Just wondering, from our club, apart from Alderidge whom was commentating, who else was in Madrid in terms of ex players, I know Gerrard was there. Was Kenny there, he is usually at key matches?
I think I saw Kenny in the crowd but I may be misremembering with the Barca match at Anfield.

Rush brought out the trophy with Ledley King before the match.

NZred

The Red From NZ
It's so cool waking up every morning with a happy smile. The last 3 years have been absolute dogshit for me, health wise. Life changing, horrendous pain and illness. Finally came out of it in April and felt like me again. To have it topped off with this win is so awesome, to see the look of pure ecstasy on the players faces and Henderson especially. What a great couple of weeks.

Plus I'm in remission :-D

Last edited:

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
seems like I am not the only one, everyday it's been reading about our team and watching loads and loads and loads and loads of videos.

thank you to all of ye for your theart-warming comments and videos. We could unite the world, as we are already doing it in sporting terms. Don't really care what other club fans think or say about us, because we are more than that. I don't think, rather I do believe we have the best supporters on the planet, probably on Mars,too.

cannot pen all my thoughts because I am still in the clouds of euphoria, and don't want to come down ever, until we never stop winning.
on a side note, anyone who smiles brings warmth, but Gini has a very infectious smile. Kudos to the Dutch national team for the gracious welcome given to our lads, Gini and van Dijk. hopefully the other lads also got a warm welcome from their national teams.

Noo Noo

I just realised, that since the game itself was so incredible mundane, and the party afterwards was the big focus, I completely forgot to note, and it should be noted, that Matip (who previously has been getting a mot of flak here on TIA) was imperious in his positioning and defense in general. The entire defense was very, very solid. But yeah, Matip. He did very well and he is often overlooked.
He was my MOTD. I thought he was excellent all game.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
I just realised, that since the game itself was so incredible mundane, and the party afterwards was the big focus, I completely forgot to note, and it should be noted, that Matip (who previously has been getting a mot of flak here on TIA) was imperious in his positioning and defense in general. The entire defense was very, very solid. But yeah, Matip. He did very well and he is often overlooked.
Matip was best outfield player on the night

Noo Noo

Matip was best outfield player on the night
Overall I thought so too. Others had flashes - VvD stealing the ball from Son, some good crosses from TAA and Robertson etc. Alisson of course had an amazing last 15 minutes or so that basically won us the cup but when I look back at the whole 90 Matip was the only one that was consistent all night