• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (UCL FINAL 1/6/2019 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 201 75.8%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 62’]

• Henderson

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Mane [off 89’]

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Salah [GOAL 2’]

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Firmino [off 58’]

• Origi [on 58’, GOAL 87’]

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Milner [on 62’]

• Gomez [on 89’]

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Porto.... beat them both legs. We beat German, Portuguese and Spanish champions to get to finals.
That's it Porto, I forgot about them, thanks la Eddie. :well done:
I think we had a harder campaign to get into the final than Tottenham i think this year. We beat 2 huge Champions League giants a long the way (Bayern Munich and Barcelona).

Maria, too much wine? lol
I swear this whole week, I have been soooo unproductive at work, socially inept, my communication with the rest of the humans has been non-existent, apart from the TIA, because I have been on the bloomin internet reading and watching LFC all flipping week!!lol. I haven't slept much either. I have had Liverpool songs in my head like forever.

I need to get back to a normal schedule, by monday.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
French too!

(Yeah I know, only group stage, but it sounds even better!)
Yeah we did indeed. And we have also beaten all our opponents over the two legged tie. While Spurs got past their opponents through technicality. Quarter and Semis they drew with a win on away goals. Can't blame them for losing to us then.... lol lol lol

Flobs

FADA
Really? We were the better team during the 90 minutes.

The only game we deserved to lose all season was Belgrade away.
Yes!
I'll explain my position. We went to Paris to 'control' the game by slowing it down. We were in place and tactically in place. However Paris were doing the same and were just much better at it than us. I think it was a good 'experiment to try however not against PSG as that's what they are best at and they proved they were much better than us at that. I reckon the coaching team would have been disappoited though perhaps, like me, not surprised. We are much better when we press high with energy or set up for the counter attack we just haven't enough experience to try that 'false tempo' against one of the masters of that style.

Belgrade was different we surely went with a game plan but nothing came together. We were all over the place and Belgrade (in front of their supporters for the 1st time at home in the competition were on fire). Here I think you just put your hands up and say it all went wrong. our players just looked lost out there.

We deserved to lose in Paris as well imo. Also a big disappointment for me as my best nieghbour is a supporter of PSG. :)

Alright Now

Still buzzing. And it all came flooding back last night at my daugter’s Baccalaureate. The seniors in her graduating high school class stood and read their favorite quotes. Of course, many narrated the great Einsteins and Angelous. But one who is a prettier version of me simply stood and said, “Gerry and the Pacemakers You’ll Never Walk Alone” and sat right back down. For many personal reasons, that meant a lot to our family last night. Some person in the otherwise serious audience who allegedly looked just like me yelled back, “Walk on” and only four people grasped the moment.

Off to her graduation today.:well done:

The Phenom

Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis
Livvy, I i have been trying to find this picture on the internet, but I am useless. Please could you send it to me. I would like it as my screen saver. Many thanks. It is my favourite picture.
Plan B: Right click on mouse at the image, then press "save as".

Plan C: Screenshot

a) How to take a screenshot on a PC
  1. Step 1: Capture the image. Bring up whatever it is you want to capture on your screen and press the Print Screen (often shortened to “PrtScn”) key. ...
  2. Step 2: Open Paint. Check out your screenshot in the Screenshots folder. ...
  3. Step 3: Paste the screenshot. ...
  4. Step 4: Save the screenshot.
b) In all versions of macOS:
  1. Press Shift-Command-4.
  2. Drag to select the area of the screen to capture. To move the entire selection, press and hold Space bar while dragging.
  3. After you release your mouse or trackpad button, find the screenshot on your desktop.

Last edited:

Maria

Ad-free Member
Plan B: Right click on mouse at the image, then press "save as".

Plan C: Screenshot

a) How to take a screenshot on a PC
  1. Step 1: Capture the image. Bring up whatever it is you want to capture on your screen and press the Print Screen (often shortened to “PrtScn”) key. ...
  2. Step 2: Open Paint. Check out your screenshot in the Screenshots folder. ...
  3. Step 3: Paste the screenshot. ...
  4. Step 4: Save the screenshot.
b) In all versions of macOS:
  1. Press Shift-Command-4.
  2. Drag to select the area of the screen to capture. To move the entire selection, press and hold Space bar while dragging.
  3. After you release your mouse or trackpad button, find the screenshot on your desktop.
Thank you Phenom, you are a star, this is fantastic. Didn't know this. :well done:

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
it's only been a little over a week, but the seventh heaven, cloud nine feeling hasn't diminished. hope new additions come soon to enhance the team/squad so we collecting all the available trophies next season and the seasons thereafter.

Falcon51

Welcome to the fold Falcon! you sure picked the best season to become a fan. seeing only 1 loss and so many many exceptional games. I fear you will only have the same to look forward to in the coming years with this team mate. buckle up motherfucker!
Thanks so much. Yes I am very lucky! I hope the Reds continue to dominate the Premier League and win it this coming season like they should!

Maria

Ad-free Member
you need to see Wallace and Gromit - A Matter of Loaf and Death.

Now that is proper disturbing and hilarious at the same time
I like Wallace and From it, I will look that one up.

The Magic Roundabout was another programme which had some dodgy drug innuendos. It was my favourite tv show as a child. :)

Last edited:

Chrenyan

Never thought I'd be quoting Mourinho - he has at times been too arrogant, too boastful, etc etc. But even now, one and a half weeks on, I think his quote, spoken in wonder as "You'll Never Walk Alone" rose from the Metropolitano like a prayer, sums up the whole weekend. And by weekend I mean the way the fans took over Madrid on the day, the way Virgil collapsed when Origi scored, the outcome of the match, the tears and the relief when it was all over, Hendo's totally boss trophy lift, that pic of Hendo with his feet atop the trophy, them disembarking from the plane, that PARADE - all of that, Mourinho's quote sums it up best, for me. He said (in a Portuguese lilt):

"Now, ziss is more beautiful zan what we can say. 's is beautiful."