• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (UCL FINAL 1/6/2019 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 201 75.8%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 62’]

• Henderson

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Mane [off 89’]

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Salah [GOAL 2’]

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Firmino [off 58’]

• Origi [on 58’, GOAL 87’]

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Milner [on 62’]

• Gomez [on 89’]

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Never thought I'd be quoting Mourinho - he has at times been too arrogant, too boastful, etc etc. But even now, one and a half weeks on, I think his quote, spoken in wonder as "You'll Never Walk Alone" rose from the Metropolitano like a prayer, sums up the whole weekend. And by weekend I mean the way the fans took over Madrid on the day, the way Virgil collapsed when Origi scored, the outcome of the match, the tears and the relief when it was all over, Hendo's totally boss trophy lift, that pic of Hendo with his feet atop the trophy, them disembarking from the plane, that PARADE - all of that, Mourinho's quote sums it up best, for me. He said (in a Portuguese lilt):

"Now, ziss is more beautiful zan what we can say. 's is beautiful."

The Phenom

Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis
Belated, but just cast my vote for MOM.
Originally intended it to be for Thor but since he already conquered the universe with over 76% support, I gave it to my 2nd choice of VVD.
That made him edge into a distant 2nd place, at least for now. :)

FGred

Never thought I'd be quoting Mourinho - he has at times been too arrogant, too boastful, etc etc. But even now, one and a half weeks on, I think his quote, spoken in wonder as "You'll Never Walk Alone" rose from the Metropolitano like a prayer, sums up the whole weekend. And by weekend I mean the way the fans took over Madrid on the day, the way Virgil collapsed when Origi scored, the outcome of the match, the tears and the relief when it was all over, Hendo's totally boss trophy lift, that pic of Hendo with his feet atop the trophy, them disembarking from the plane, that PARADE - all of that, Mourinho's quote sums it up best, for me. He said (in a Portuguese lilt):

"Now, ziss is more beautiful zan what we can say. 's is beautiful."
I was starting to warm up to that guy until I read in the Newspapers he is after Rafa’s job at Newcastle while he is still their manager. I knew he didn’t get on with him but that really takes the biscuit but I think what is attracting him even more is the fact that they are going to get new Arab owners with plenty of cash!

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall that night or the one dispensing the drinks.
Not only the players, the whole Melwood staff are going absolutely mental on the floor. I can just make out who's wholol lol :well done:

I bet there were a few sore heads that morning with all the drinking. Having said that, they all looked so fresh, bright eyed and bushy tailed on the bus parade.:eh?:

ETA: I wish it was Sunday again. It ended too soon.

Last edited:

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Still buzzing. And it all came flooding back last night at my daugter’s Baccalaureate. The seniors in her graduating high school class stood and read their favorite quotes. Of course, many narrated the great Einsteins and Angelous. But one who is a prettier version of me simply stood and said, “Gerry and the Pacemakers You’ll Never Walk Alone” and sat right back down. For many personal reasons, that meant a lot to our family last night. Some person in the otherwise serious audience who allegedly looked just like me yelled back, “Walk on” and only four people grasped the moment.

Off to her graduation today.:well done:
Ultra proud dad, huh?

William Clarke

Plan B: Right click on mouse at the image, then press "save as".

Plan C: Screenshot

a) How to take a screenshot on a PC
  1. Step 1: Capture the image. Bring up whatever it is you want to capture on your screen and press the Print Screen (often shortened to “PrtScn”) key. ...
  2. Step 2: Open Paint. Check out your screenshot in the Screenshots folder. ...
  3. Step 3: Paste the screenshot. ...
  4. Step 4: Save the screenshot.
b) In all versions of macOS:
  1. Press Shift-Command-4.
  2. Drag to select the area of the screen to capture. To move the entire selection, press and hold Space bar while dragging.
  3. After you release your mouse or trackpad button, find the screenshot on your desktop.
What do you do with a Mac?

William Clarke

I know, I am going to be disembowelled for what I am about to say, but the UCL Final is now history. It's upward and onward for the coming season, and it won't come quick enough for me. You get no extra prizes for what you have already won, so it's on to the future. I WANT THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE NEXT.

Commando

Ad-free Member
I know, I am going to be disembowelled for what I am about to say, but the UCL Final is now history. It's upward and onward for the coming season, and it won't come quick enough for me. You get no extra prizes for what you have already won, so it's on to the future. I WANT THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE NEXT.
I’m sure that Jurgen, his staff and the team all feel exactly the same as yourself. They’ll be chomping at the bit in anticipation of the coming season.

What do you do with a Mac?
Keep it handy they’ve forecasted showers.

Maria

Ad-free Member
I hope someone else have postet it before me @Livvy ?
P.S. Klopp kissing Alisson B made my day
This video has to be the most endearing and touching video ever after a huge football final. I haven't blubbed this much at a video since the end of the film E.T. Klopp is hugging and kissing his players and staff is if he is their long lost Dad who found his way back home after a long journey. You see these scenes at airports :well done:

Last edited:

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
This video has to be the most endearing and touching video ever after a huge football final. I haven't blubbed this much at a video since the end of the film E.T. Klopp is hugging and kissing his players and staff is if he is their long lost Dad who found his way back home after a long journey. You see this scenes at airports :well done:
No love lost between him and Harry Kane though. That’s the sort of hug I give my wanker brother in law at Christmas.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Just a heads up for anyone interested, The Official DVD of the season is out on the 8th July

Great news, according to the cover not only have they got the all the goals from the season, they have full replay of CL Final, and also the slightly more interesting 2nd leg vs Barcelona game.

Maria

Ad-free Member
Just a heads up for anyone interested, The Official DVD of the season is out on the 8th July

Great news, according to the cover not only have they got the all the goals from the season, they have full replay of CL Final, and also the slightly more interesting 2nd leg vs Barcelona game.

I wanted 2 DVDs, a separate DVD for Champions League final with extra footage of the celebrations on the pitch and the behind the scenes stuff.

Flobs

FADA

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall that night or the one dispensing the drinks.
Not only the players, the whole Melwood staff are going absolutely mental on the floor. I can just make out who's wholol lol :well done:

I bet there were a few sore heads that morning with all the drinking. Having said that, they all looked so fresh, bright eyed and bushy tailed on the bus parade.:eh?:

ETA: I wish it was Sunday again. It ended too soon.
Maria flies don't dispense drinks they fall into them. :J

jaffod

I know what you're saying but there's still so much to look forward to with regards to winning number 6. Can't wait for the dvd to come out, going to wallow in that big time. Get a nice bottle of red in and watch the full re-run of the Barca semi and then watch the final a couple of times. Not the best match to re-watch but who cares?
First home game of the season should be boss as well, it'll be one fucking big party in the streets around Anfield especially if we get some nice sunny weather for a change.
I still feel I have some celebrating to do given my shithousery in not watching most of the 2nd half. Also I think feelings of relief played too large a part in the immediate aftermath of the game, stewing over all our near misses in those endless days leading up to the final took too much out of me and I'm convinced all that diluted the sheer joy which should have been the only emotion in such a situation. I allowed myself to dwell too much on what all the dickhead mancs and Evertonians would have been like had we lost. I have some catching up to do.

William Clarke

I know what you're saying but there's still so much to look forward to with regards to winning number 6. Can't wait for the dvd to come out, going to wallow in that big time. Get a nice bottle of red in and watch the full re-run of the Barca semi and then watch the final a couple of times. Not the best match to re-watch but who cares?
First home game of the season should be boss as well, it'll be one fucking big party in the streets around Anfield especially if we get some nice sunny weather for a change.
I still feel I have some celebrating to do given my shithousery in not watching most of the 2nd half. Also I think feelings of relief played too large a part in the immediate aftermath of the game, stewing over all our near misses in those endless days leading up to the final took too much out of me and I'm convinced all that diluted the sheer joy which should have been the only emotion in such a situation. I allowed myself to dwell too much on what all the dickhead mancs and Evertonians would have been like had we lost. I have some catching up to do.
Yeah, fully understand your feelings and, like yourself, so happy we could stick one over on Manure and the Bitters and the rest of the narky sods up and down the country. You go ahead and get as much enjoyment as you want for as long as you want because as a supporter you have earned that right. I think the three weeks we had to wait for the game to go ahead zapped me more than I thought and once we won the game it released in me all the tension that I had bottled up. I'm happy now in the knowledge that we have won 'Big Ears' for the sixth time and no longer need to concentrate on it, if you know what I mean?