• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (UCL FINAL 1/6/2019 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 199 75.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 62’]

• Henderson

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Mane [off 89’]

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Salah [GOAL 2’]

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Firmino [off 58’]

• Origi [on 58’, GOAL 87’]

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Milner [on 62’]

• Gomez [on 89’]

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

jaffod

I know, I am going to be disembowelled for what I am about to say, but the UCL Final is now history. It's upward and onward for the coming season, and it won't come quick enough for me. You get no extra prizes for what you have already won, so it's on to the future. I WANT THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE NEXT.
I know what you're saying but there's still so much to look forward to with regards to winning number 6. Can't wait for the dvd to come out, going to wallow in that big time. Get a nice bottle of red in and watch the full re-run of the Barca semi and then watch the final a couple of times. Not the best match to re-watch but who cares?
First home game of the season should be boss as well, it'll be one fucking big party in the streets around Anfield especially if we get some nice sunny weather for a change.
I still feel I have some celebrating to do given my shithousery in not watching most of the 2nd half. Also I think feelings of relief played too large a part in the immediate aftermath of the game, stewing over all our near misses in those endless days leading up to the final took too much out of me and I'm convinced all that diluted the sheer joy which should have been the only emotion in such a situation. I allowed myself to dwell too much on what all the dickhead mancs and Evertonians would have been like had we lost. I have some catching up to do.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ the big dog's doodahs
I know what you're saying but there's still so much to look forward to with regards to winning number 6. Can't wait for the dvd to come out, going to wallow in that big time. Get a nice bottle of red in and watch the full re-run of the Barca semi and then watch the final a couple of times. Not the best match to re-watch but who cares?
First home game of the season should be boss as well, it'll be one fucking big party in the streets around Anfield especially if we get some nice sunny weather for a change.
I still feel I have some celebrating to do given my shithousery in not watching most of the 2nd half. Also I think feelings of relief played too large a part in the immediate aftermath of the game, stewing over all our near misses in those endless days leading up to the final took too much out of me and I'm convinced all that diluted the sheer joy which should have been the only emotion in such a situation. I allowed myself to dwell too much on what all the dickhead mancs and Evertonians would have been like had we lost. I have some catching up to do.
Yeah, fully understand your feelings and, like yourself, so happy we could stick one over on Manure and the Bitters and the rest of the narky sods up and down the country. You go ahead and get as much enjoyment as you want for as long as you want because as a supporter you have earned that right. I think the three weeks we had to wait for the game to go ahead zapped me more than I thought and once we won the game it released in me all the tension that I had bottled up. I'm happy now in the knowledge that we have won 'Big Ears' for the sixth time and no longer need to concentrate on it, if you know what I mean?

treboeth

Yeah, fully understand your feelings and, like yourself, so happy we could stick one over on Manure and the Bitters and the rest of the narky sods up and down the country. You go ahead and get as much enjoyment as you want for as long as you want because as a supporter you have earned that right. I think the three weeks we had to wait for the game to go ahead zapped me more than I thought and once we won the game it released in me all the tension that I had bottled up. I'm happy now in the knowledge that we have won 'Big Ears' for the sixth time and no longer need to concentrate on it, if you know what I mean?
Is it too early to start worrying about No.7

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
LeBreton re-uploaded his awesome "Liverpool FC ● 2019 Champions League ● The Movie" video after addressing copyrights issue (the original version was taken down, let's hope that this revision stays). He also added Henderson lifting the Big Ears near the end of the video. Now, with that addition, the video is perfect.

Last edited:

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
well ladies and gents I am still buzzing! re-watching the match- highlights and full match, and also the wonderful parade which was FANtastic. I have been busy in the pipe transfer market and bought a nice little MM pipe, here folks take a look at this short video- yes, a pipe video lol

A few more pipes will find their way here- but don't tell 'she who must be obeyed'!!! She says I have enough pipes, including one from Poland, my most expensive signing :shocked:.

I'm avoiding the transfer scene but hope we'll sign a LB, CB and CF. I hope Origi decides to stay, always had a soft spot for the Belgian.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ the big dog's doodahs
well ladies and gents I am still buzzing! re-watching the match- highlights and full match, and also the wonderful parade which was FANtastic. I have been busy in the pipe transfer market and bought a nice little MM pipe, here folks take a look at this short video- yes, a pipe video lol

A few more pipes will find their way here- but don't tell 'she who must be obeyed'!!! She says I have enough pipes, including one from Poland, my most expensive signing :shocked:.

I'm avoiding the transfer scene but hope we'll sign a LB, CB and CF. I hope Origi decides to stay, always had a soft spot for the Belgian.
It's over 25 years since I last smoked a pipe and enjoyed smoking a tobacco called Borkum Riff - it had a really pleasant taste of mild chocolate.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Watching it again it doesn’t feel like a final.
Both teams seem to play really slowly and the passing was atrocious throughout the game.
I mean the man of the match was our keeper but all of those saves he should have saved.
I’m not moaning because number 6 is a true pleasure, but the game itself was as flat as a per season friendly.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Both teams seem to play really slowly and the passing was atrocious throughout the game.
I mean the man of the match was our keeper but all of those saves he should have saved.
I’m not moaning because number 6 is a true pleasure, but the game itself was as flat as a per season friendly.

My brain keeps remembering the Barca 2nd leg as the final.

Flobs

FADA
I agree the passing was poor however I feel the speed and intensity was deceptive. Being a very fast intense match that to be honest I didn't realise until Milner came on and struggled for a moment to get up to speed. This intensity was imo the reason for the poor passing (as well as the 3 week break).

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I agree the passing was poor however I feel the speed and intensity was deceptive. Being a very fast intense match that to be honest I didn't realise until Milner came on and struggled for a moment to get up to speed. This intensity was imo the reason for the poor passing (as well as the 3 week break).
Possibly. I’ll have to watch it again now to see. I think the poor passing and 3 week break didn’t help the fluidity of the game for sure.
Bizarrely, the celebrations seemed to be turbo speed!

Flobs

FADA
Possibly. I’ll have to watch it again now to see. I think the poor passing and 3 week break didn’t help the fluidity of the game for sure.
Bizarrely, the celebrations seemed to be turbo speed!
tbf all I remember, clearly, is it being a frustrating match until Origi scored from that superb Matip pass. After that a lot of noise and my son's red face from shouting and singing so much. :celebrating:

wibseyred

Having watched it again I cant understand why Alison was man of match other than the free kick you would expect any keeper to save all those shots. Spurs looked more likely to give up a goal than us IMO.

Flobs

FADA
Having watched it again I cant understand why Alison was man of match other than the free kick you would expect any keeper to save all those shots. Spurs looked more likely to give up a goal than us IMO.
Too right especially as Matip was the collest monster I have seen in a long time. I just can not understand why others didn't see how good he was. He even had an assist. What more can you ask for? :-)