• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (UCL FINAL 1/6/2019 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 201 75.8%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 62’]

• Henderson

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Mane [off 89’]

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Salah [GOAL 2’]

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Firmino [off 58’]

• Origi [on 58’, GOAL 87’]

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Milner [on 62’]

• Gomez [on 89’]

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Love it with Hendo lifting the cup in FIFA '19 as well! The video even have the streaker running on the field lol.
No way the Spurs fans have so many large flags in the stand.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Having watched it again I cant understand why Alison was man of match other than the free kick you would expect any keeper to save all those shots. Spurs looked more likely to give up a goal than us IMO.
I think the memories of last year, they were easy for a goalkeeper of quality but he has literally done nothing for 80 minutes, I wouldn't put my money on Karius if I'm being honest or Mignolet saving them.

Also I don't think there was much quality elsewhere, more attrition, a lot of people moaned about the final but that was a final I expect rather than the crazy ones we've had over the years, as amazing as Istanbul was, the same glorious feeling followed it and we had enough heart stopping moments in the league and in the run to the final.

Anyhow I'm still enjoying it and will do til the proper football starts again, it is then we turn to the next chapter but we should enjoy this all summer. It's been far too long to enjoy a summer and probably 15 years if we are totally honest.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Not sure if this is revealed video above, but apologies if it is.

I am truly astonished that there were so many supporters around the World who watched this. I knew the main countries in Asia which had strong support like India, Pakistan, Malaysia, Hong Kong,
and Indonesia, but was surprised that far flung places in Mongolia, Nepal,( isn't that Cardiffpete's 2nd home:J), Iraq, Lebanon, Costa Rica, Ghana, Iran, Rwanda, Maldives, Mauritius, I mean, flipping heck. I am so proud of our club representatives to go out there and show what our club is all about. We will need to have LFC consulates in these places next.
Consulates, yeah, good call @Maria :well done:

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Just to let you all know, there is a new book out by the author of 'Ring of Fire.

On sale 18th July 2019.

Last edited:

Maria

Ad-free Member

Apologies if this video has been posted before. This is Mourinho mentioning that Anfield has a special place which can make miracles and he sincerely praises Jürgen highly. Have to give him credit where it is due.

Maria

Ad-free Member

This lucky, lucky Liverpool fan was staying at the same hotel where the Champions after party was. He managed to sneak into the party and mingle with all the squad and ex players and other celebrities force couple of hours before he was found out by security.
He could not get a ticket for the final. This made up for it I guess.lol:cheers:

Commando

Ad-free Member

Apologies if this video has been posted before. This is Mourinho mentioning that Anfield has a special place which can make miracles and he sincerely praises Jürgen highly. Have to give him credit where it is due.
Nice words from Mou there. On his comment regarding attacking the Kop during the second half. I'd love somebody with the time and patience to analyse our games and see how we've done when we've been turned around at kick off. Connor Coady was on LFCTV earlier this week and said he'd done it purposely to try and get an edge. We know how that worked for Wolves. From memory, I don't remember us doing too badly when we've attacked the Kop end first.

This lucky, lucky Liverpool fan was staying at the same hotel where the Champions after party was. He managed to sneak into the party and mingle with all the squad and ex players and other celebrities force couple of hours before he was found out by security.
He could not get a ticket for the final. This made up for it I guess.lol:cheers:
The lucky bugger. Poor Dan (his mate). :)

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
On his comment regarding attacking the Kop during the second half. I'd love somebody with the time and patience to analyse our games and see how we've done when we've been turned around at kick off. Connor Coady was on LFCTV earlier this week and said he'd done it purposely to try and get an edge. We know how that worked for Wolves. From memory, I don't remember us doing too badly when we've attacked the Kop end first.

The lucky bugger. Poor Dan (his mate). :)
I've often wondered this too because my gut feeling is it doesn't make a lot of difference to the outcome in most cases. It's more a case of it not feeling right. According to the Echo the last team to beat us at Anfield when we attacked the Kop End in the first half was Real Madrid in the CL 5 years ago.

I think it's definitely an advantage to attack the Kop End second half when we're up against it and really need the crowd to give us a lift. For example, all the famous European wins against Barca, St Etienne, Olympiakos and Dortmund etc came with us attacking the Kop End second half. I doubt those games pan out the same way otherwise.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I've often wondered this too because my gut feeling is it doesn't make a lot of difference to the outcome in most cases. It's more a case of it not feeling right. According to the Echo the last team to beat us at Anfield when we attacked the Kop End in the first half was Real Madrid in the CL 5 years ago.

I think it's definitely an advantage to attack the Kop End second half when we're up against it and really need the crowd to give us a lift. For example, all the famous European wins against Barca, St Etienne, Olympiakos and Dortmund etc came with us attacking the Kop End second half. I doubt those games pan out the same way otherwise.
There's an advantage all right, and I can only see it as a physiological thing. It's come to be expected we do better when attacking the Kop end and, as it turns out, we usually do. Our game speeds up, passing and movement gets quicker, which more often than not leads to us scoring a goal or few. There's definitely a little mojo magic at the Kop end.

p.s. Apologies but we seem to have gone off thread, this being the Post Match Liverpool vs Spurs UCL Final game.

Last edited: