• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (UCL FINAL 1/6/2019 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 201 75.8%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 62’]

• Henderson

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Mane [off 89’]

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Salah [GOAL 2’]

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Firmino [off 58’]

• Origi [on 58’, GOAL 87’]

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Milner [on 62’]

• Gomez [on 89’]

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
still have that red fever number 6, and to enjoy it more, I have been watching a lot of different singers and versions of "You'll Never Walk Alone ", of course starting with Gerry and the Pacemakers. Feelings of awe, joy, excitement and goosebumps flowing in my veins

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I heard that UEFA never ever play the football club anthem, this is not the norm. After the Champions League final, they usually play their own anthem, but Liverpool's YNWA anthem was given dispensation so it can be played.

Is this true?

coldbeatle89

Wanted to make sure I got in on this thread- European Champions again!! #6. I freaking love this club.

I heard that UEFA never ever play the football club anthem, this is not the norm. After the Champions League final, they usually play their own anthem, but Liverpool's YNWA anthem was given dispensation so it can be played.

Is this true?
I mean- when Hendo lifted the trophy they played the UEFA anthem first and THEN YNWA- they did the same thing in 05 if I remember right.

Maria

Ad-free Member
Oh Gawd. I just had to watch the post match celebrations again, when the team are making their way on to the podium. What a magical night.
I saw a teary expression in Daniel Levy's face. Tbh, I felt so so sorry for him for a moment. We have all been there.

The reason why I watched it again tonight, because I was reading the back stories of the players and their thoughts of those 2 days, post match celebration and Victory parade.

Maria

Ad-free Member

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Oh Gawd. I just had to watch the post match celebrations again, when the team are making their way on to the podium. What a magical night.
I saw a teary expression in Daniel Levy's face. Tbh, I felt so so sorry for him for a moment. We have all been there.
He was thinking "how the fuck will I get £150m for Eriksen now?"

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Aww, I am sure he is a very nice man, but a tough business negotiator when it comes to his club.
I wouldnt think Harry Redknapp thinks he is a very nice man with the number he did on him when arry was being looked at for the England job. He wanted it, it was public knowledge it was arry's dream job but levy would only release him for huge compensation which the fa wouldnt play and they went with Hodgson and then a few months later levy sacks Redknapp

andyclegs

Andy C Legs
I did not care how we won it - just that we did. They were all man-of-matches, including all the reds who were there, and the ones in Madrid not at the game. Just fantastic watching the you-tube clips of the scenes before and after the result - no-one will ever know just how much that personally helped me. I wrote a piece o Why I Love Liverpool before the final and that result and our fans just made me love us even more...