• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (UCL FINAL 1/6/2019 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 199 75.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Robertson

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 62’]

• Henderson

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Mane [off 89’]

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Salah [GOAL 2’]

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Firmino [off 58’]

• Origi [on 58’, GOAL 87’]

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Milner [on 62’]

• Gomez [on 89’]

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
I am wondering. You know Old Big Ears. Does the club keep the cup at Anfield for the year?
Does the Cup travel with the squad in the pre-season tour ?

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
still have that red fever number 6, and to enjoy it more, I have been watching a lot of different singers and versions of "You'll Never Walk Alone ", of course starting with Gerry and the Pacemakers. Feelings of awe, joy, excitement and goosebumps flowing in my veins

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
I heard that UEFA never ever play the football club anthem, this is not the norm. After the Champions League final, they usually play their own anthem, but Liverpool's YNWA anthem was given dispensation so it can be played.

Is this true?

coldbeatle89

Wanted to make sure I got in on this thread- European Champions again!! #6. I freaking love this club.

I heard that UEFA never ever play the football club anthem, this is not the norm. After the Champions League final, they usually play their own anthem, but Liverpool's YNWA anthem was given dispensation so it can be played.

Is this true?
I mean- when Hendo lifted the trophy they played the UEFA anthem first and THEN YNWA- they did the same thing in 05 if I remember right.