Post match: Liverpool v Villa (EPL 5/7/20 4.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 46 54.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Gomez

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Robertson [off 90+3’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho [off 60’]

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Keita [off 84’]

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 60’]

• Salah

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Origi [off 60’]

• Mane [GOAL 71’]

Votes: 51 60.0%
  • Henderson [on 60’]

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Wijnaldum [on 60’]

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Firmino [on 60’]

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Jones [on 84’, GOAL 89’]

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Williams [on 90+3’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

richieh10

Fucking hell why are so many people talking about United and city VAR - fuck off. Enjoy this for what it is.

Liverpool - Champions - Fuck the Rest

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
That is amazing Livvy, thank you for posting that. And as an aside, in that clip I
rather enjoyed hearing the pitch level communication of the boys.

On a side note......
Mo Salah man handled to the ground. No pen.
Gomez on Sterling, penalty.
And VAR favours Liverpool?
I said the exact same thing in the match thread. Almost to the letter regarding the pen given away to Sterling. Mo was being wrestled all match, with Mings getting away with downright egregious nonsense. Then later in the match both Douglas Luiz and Mings over the top crying to the ref for a pen for incidental contact? After what they got away with ALL match?? Dream on.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Fucking hell why are so many people talking about United and city VAR - fuck off. Enjoy this for what it is.

Liverpool - Champions - Fuck the Rest
Are you actually serious? "Fuck off"??

I am enjoying Liverpool being champions, but in a post match thread there is room for discussing what happened in the match, and the consequences of what has happened.

If you dont think thats what post match threads are about just let the mods know.

richieh10

Are you actually serious? "Fuck off"??

I am enjoying Liverpool being champions, but in a post match thread there is room for discussing what happened in the match, and the consequences of what has happened.

If you dont think thats what post match threads are about just let the mods know.
so when we play villa where is the need to even talk about City or United in the Villa pos

it’s boring. United wouldn’t have had the titles of VAR was in. It’s just as much nonsense as those muppets who say we wouldn’t be champions this season without VAR. it’s complete bollocks.

we are champions coz we deserve to be, United were champions (What like 10 years ago now, hahah) coz they deserved to be. Did they get decisions go their way - of course, but teams who at the top generally do, usually coz they’ll play more football in the oppositions penalty area so there are bound to be more penalties etc.

Whereas I am typically not a fan of VAR, there is no doubt it gets the decision correct 99% of the time.

I honest don’t think we should have had a penalty against Villa and where as Sterling went down far too easily for my liking, Gomez did foul him and it was a penalty.

and for me to admit that is massive coz I can’t stand that snake Sterling.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
so when we play villa where is the need to even talk about City or United in the Villa pos

it’s boring. United wouldn’t have had the titles of VAR was in. It’s just as much nonsense as those muppets who say we wouldn’t be champions this season without VAR. it’s complete bollocks.

we are champions coz we deserve to be, United were champions (What like 10 years ago now, hahah) coz they deserved to be. Did they get decisions go their way - of course, but teams who at the top generally do, usually coz they’ll play more football in the oppositions penalty area so there are bound to be more penalties etc.

Whereas I am typically not a fan of VAR, there is no doubt it gets the decision correct 99% of the time.

I honest don’t think we should have had a penalty against Villa and where as Sterling went down far too easily for my liking, Gomez did foul him and it was a penalty.

We should have had a penalty vs Villa.
Sterling should have had a penalty for the same foul.
Its a discussion forum last time I checked, and just coz you is bored wont make people stop having discussion. Soz.

richieh10

Na there was no pen for me.

discuss away but the whole ‘United and City get all the referee decisions’ is a bit old.

we are quick enough to slag City off for constantly talking about us - you’re just sounding a bit like that

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Na there was no pen for me.

discuss away but the whole ‘United and City get all the referee decisions’ is a bit old.

we are quick enough to slag City off for constantly talking about us - you’re just sounding a bit like that
Well ok
But it should have been a pen vs Villa.

And the mention of City was a comparison of a decision in their match vs Liverpool.
You dont have to read the comments.

redaderry

I agree that what happened to Salah in the box was in my opinion a clear foul. He was bundled to the ground without any real attempt to clear or make contact with the ball. Sterling's penalty was less obvious and while I'll concede it without complaining, it was soft for sure.

costared

TIA Reserve Team

Quite right about VAR. There are a few tables that show who has benefited most from VAR. Pity they are not displayed more to stop the moaners and the disillusioned MU fans. MU and BHA have gained most from VAR which is not surprising as at the end of the day it is still a referee making the decision and we all know how Ref´s love MU.

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
Quite right about VAR. There are a few tables that show who has benefited most from VAR. Pity they are not displayed more to stop the moaners and the disillusioned MU fans. MU and BHA have gained most from VAR which is not surprising as at the end of the day it is still a referee making the decision and we all know how Ref´s love MU.
not to mention all the brown envelopes handed out by old purple nose plus the brown tongue refs, especially Webb. I bet old purple nose never had to self clean his arse, as it was constantly being done for him by the FA and most of the referees