• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post Match: Liverpool v Watford (EPL 14/12/19 12.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 69 53.1%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Gomez

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Milner

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Henderson

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Wijnaldum [off 60’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shaqiri [off 70’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Mane

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • Firmino [off 88’]

• Salah [GOAL 38’, GOAL 90’]

Votes: 98 75.4%
  • Robertson [on 60’]

• Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 70’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Origi [on 88’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibseyred

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Bobby is struggling atm but he'll be back to his best at some point. A week in the sun will do him the world of good before putting Leicester to the sword.
We all hope that.

LFCFFC

It feels like every season we see the same questions asked of Bobby because his goals/assist numbers have hit a trough.

It's all too easy to dismiss his game by numbers without taking into account the immense amount of work he does tracking back to aid the midfield and then offensively to create pockets of space for Mane, Salah and our more attacking mids to work in.

It's no surprise we usually seem a bit disjointed without him in the side.

RedLar

Not sure where to put this but just noticed Wolves play Abu Dhabi in a night match on the 27th so will have less than 48 hours rest before playing us at Anfield. I'd imagine the way things are at present their manager will prioritise the Abu Dhabi game over the one with us.
never quite understood how these middle eastern venues classify as "Europe". Haifa etc. I assume that is what this is. Do these Arab folk consider themselves European? I suggest perhaps not.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
never quite understood how these middle eastern venues classify as "Europe". Haifa etc. I assume that is what this is. Do these Arab folk consider themselves European? I suggest perhaps not.
Not only that, but they even classify themselves as English nowadays... ;)

RedLar

Not only that, but they even classify themselves as English nowadays... ;)
My list of 28 European nations does not include Israel or Dubai. Personally think its a lot to ask clubs to go play footy that far away. Far enough some Russian / East European venues. Dubai????? Clearly, its a question of pockets being lined with crisp ben franklins.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Well, the CWC is not supposedly European. Israel is a member of UEFA for largely pragmatic reasons, FIFA allowed it to avoid having every second opponent refuse to play Israel.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
It feels like every season we see the same questions asked of Bobby because his goals/assist numbers have hit a trough.

It's all too easy to dismiss his game by numbers without taking into account the immense amount of work he does tracking back to aid the midfield and then offensively to create pockets of space for Mane, Salah and our more attacking mids to work in.

It's no surprise we usually seem a bit disjointed without him in the side.
Perhaps, but the debate can go too far the other way too.

Firmino has bad patches of form just like anybody else, and our team does not fall apart without him as is often suggested.

Last 8 games without Firmino - 8 wins, 28 goals scored.

He's a great player, but he's not quite as integral as is often said IMO.

Think Bobby scored 27 in 17/18 too so he's certainly capable of better performances than he's displaying so far this year. The work rate and assists are great, but 4 in 25 isn't all he's capable of.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
My list of 28 European nations does not include Israel or Dubai. Personally think its a lot to ask clubs to go play footy that far away. Far enough some Russian / East European venues. Dubai????? Clearly, its a question of pockets being lined with crisp ben franklins.
Well, it was Abu Dhabi, not Dubai. And as everyone knows, Abu Dhabi is in Manchester UK nowadays... :giggle:

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
If Bobby wasn't playing to form, Jürgen would have him on the bench. He is doing what needs to be done, in an unusual role for a player wearing a #9.

Anyone who doesn't understand his value to the rest of the squad, isn't going to comprehend an explanation. That's about all I have to say on it.

Top of the league. 2 dropped points between August and Christmas. Top of CL group.

This is what we have been waiting 30 years for, and folks are still being critical of one of the unsung heroes of the team.

Speaking of singing, when is Mané getting his own?

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
don't like 12:30pm kick off's! it certainly doesn't suit our mighty Red men! Watford were difficult opponents who made life difficult for the European Champions. I have seen a few Watford games and they have been playing better than their current position tells. they spurned some guilt edged chances which had me almost cracking my Crouchy pipe stem! Add to that a few decent Becker saves otherwise we may have been embarrassed! fortunately we bagged the 3pts and with Leicester dropping two points now go 10 points clear - so thank you Norwich!

great days to be a Red!!!
in Klopp we trust!!!

LFCFFC

Perhaps, but the debate can go too far the other way too.

Firmino has bad patches of form just like anybody else, and our team does not fall apart without him as is often suggested.

Last 8 games without Firmino - 8 wins, 28 goals scored.

He's a great player, but he's not quite as integral as is often said IMO.

Think Bobby scored 27 in 17/18 too so he's certainly capable of better performances than he's displaying so far this year. The work rate and assists are great, but 4 in 25 isn't all he's capable of.
Yep, fair point. It's not so much a system collapse or anything, rather I think we often look much more fluid and a better attacking threat with Bobby featuring.

Of course that is contingent on him firing and I do agree his output is down this year, I just think there's plenty more to his game that can't be captured purely by numbers.