• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Watford (EPL 27/2/2019 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 86 51.2%
  • Matip

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Van Dijk [GOAL 80’, GOAL 82’]

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 31 18.5%
  • Milner [off 69’]

• Wijnaldum [off 84’]

• Salah

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Origi [GOAL 66’]

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Mane [GOAL 9’, GOAL 20’, off 77’]

Votes: 28 16.7%
  • Henderson [on 69’]

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Lallana [on 77’]

• Keita [on 84’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
It's so important that our squad as a whole hits top gear now.
Everyone in this squad will have some role now.
We are so close now, like the final 5kms of a marathon, need to pace, take calculative risks and conserve energy for a final push

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
enjoyed watching the game, and some credit to Watford because they came to play football and left their bus where it belongs during a game, i. e. in the parking lot. Wishful thinking that teams far richer than Watford come to Anfield and park their bus on the pitch.

not being negative, and I understand the situation, but .....
a little sad to see that some of our lads didn't get any votes for MoTM, because I think they all played very well.

Red Eyes

Momentum regained - - - Dip Over - - - Confidence booster - - -Statement

Whatever you want to call it, that was a great performance.

It reminds the players as well as us what they are capable of, and how unplayable they can be when they are on it.

Another draw or scrappy win last night would have meant a very different mindset going into the Everton match (for them and us). With that behind us though we can go to Goodson with huge confidence on Sunday.

StevenAlonso

Great win yesterday..Klopp did the right thing by not playing Hendo/Milner/Gini at the same time..We were so fluid yesterday and once you play all the three together everything becomes static..Also proved how vitan Full Backs are to our team..
Many of us were gutted when Klopp didnt bring on Trent for Milner against ManUtd when we were offered nothing and Trent proved yet again why he should be played even when not 100%. And Origi is much better to fill Firmino's role than Sturridge..

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I enjoyed the match, loved the result, and most of all the approach of the players during the match.
Having said that, I still saw our main flaw reappear during the entire match. Our midfield, while works hard on the counter press and protects the back 4, contributes very little offensively. All our goals came from the flanks, nothing came through the middle.

Commando

Ad-free Member
Forgot to mention. Virg is looking like a bargain buy at this point. Yet at one point he was the most expensive player we bought. Looking a great deal now.
He still is our record buy isn't he?

Anyone have an idea why the black armbands today? Just got to watch the match in full and noticed them.
Ex player Ian Ross who passed away last week. There was an announcement pre match which drew a round of applause.

santana

origi is a good player but life is hard so it is time to move and get more games in another club .
same for lallana !

Noo Noo

Nah Salah tormented them all game just unlucky not to score and He was one of the MOTM even Klopp said he was unplayable at times
Purely an observation but I thought he was trying to force things. Quite often Watford (or any team for that matter) would double up on him and he would still try and force his way through and more often than not lose possession.

I don't want to be over critical given what was a very good performance across the team. I just don't think he needs to do everything himself.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Maybe one for the player thread but another player I think has started to string a run of quality games together is Matip (someone I've been critical of in the past).

Defensively I thought he was better than Van Dijk and actually saved his bacon a few times (Van Dijk was caught ball watching etc.)

If he could learn to be an offensive threat in the air he would make that step to top class central defender. Let's hope he keeps fit from now until the end of the season.

santana

the most important in the deadly trio ( salah - firmino - mane ) is to destroy defenders line and create fear not scoring goals , all teams now scared even if the deadly trio not scoring !
it is in the mind and they feel it .