• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Liverpool v West Ham (EPL 24/2/20 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 80 62.0%
  • Gomez

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Robertson

Votes: 30 23.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Wijnaldum [GOAL 9’]

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Keita [off 57’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Mane [GOAL 81’, off 90+1’]

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • Firmino

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Salah [GOAL 68’]

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 57’]

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Matip [on 90+1’]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StevieG08

Atmosphere was poor until we went behind.

hope that’s sorted for Atleti, as well as a few players performances.

front 3 had an off night, but 2 Of them still scored.

Keita shouldn’t be picked in front of Ox again.

Gini is fantastic but we really missed Hendo yesterday in my opinion
Klopp needs to persist with Keita to play him to form. Just as he is doing with Fabinho. On song, Keita is capable of more than he is showing. He needs to find rhythm and consistency and that only comes with more playing time.

Incognito

The Normal One
The disrespect Salah gets from our own fanbase is crazy. Calling him a Sunday league player and then calls for replacing him mid season! He's a human and people conveniently forget the way he is heavily marked in games and how much his movement and taking away the defenders create space for others. He's manhandled day in day out with the refs not doing shit about it.

Glad Klopp doesn't consider players as just assets, but humans who can be trained and improved. He's not above criticism and I agree there are aspects of his game he can work upon, but seriously can't believe people are so frustrated with the likes of him, Keita that we need to think of selling them mid season. We would have sold Gini, Hendo, Matip, Lallana, Ox if such mentality would have persisted. Crazy.

Alright Now

The disrespect Salah gets from our own fanbase is crazy. Calling him a Sunday league player and then calls for replacing him mid season! He's a human and people conveniently forget the way he is heavily marked in games and how much his movement and taking away the defenders create space for others. He's manhandled day in day out with the refs not doing shit about it.

Glad Klopp doesn't consider players as just assets, but humans who can be trained and improved. He's not above criticism and I agree there are aspects of his game he can work upon, but seriously can't believe people are so frustrated with the likes of him, Keita that we need to think of selling them mid season. We would have sold Gini, Hendo, Matip, Lallana, Ox if such mentality would have persisted. Crazy.
Top post. I was remembering the panic last season when we lost Keita in the first leg against Barca. Now it’s flipped.

South American Red

It would be crazy to sell pre Ramos UFC assault Mo.

Today's Mo.... He is the most selfish of the fab 3. He often wants to dribble every opossition player and therefore loses the ball. He has been beaten by pace by defenders a couple of times lately...

If he wants to go after this year's tittle, be it. If a crazy offer comes, it should be evaluated together with the player. If he wants to stay, great. Just get a competent understudy. Oxlade is a midfielder.

Commando

Ad-free Member

One example in the game the other night. Mo was dragged back (had a WHU player draped over him) for the umpteenth time. He decided enough was enough and dropped to his knees in the box. The ref just waved it away. Not long after there was a very similar foul on Gini? near the halfway line which he blew for straight away. Mo just doesn't get anywhere near enough protection from officials.

jredp

Let's talk about 6 baby!
another 3 points to the board, still a more than refreshing gap to second place.
the lads have set a high standard, so we show our disappointment with not too good comments about some players. never easy to remind ourselves that they are humans, because our passion overrides that
also, I guess (like moi), all our fans want us to keep winning and nothing les. What makes me most happy is that all the other teams are behind us especially the team that plays at the old toilet

Noo Noo

I’m struggling to think of an occasion that the ‘third CB’ sub hasn’t induced panic and created dangerous situations late in a game.
yeah it doesn't work for me either. I'd prefer an extra midfielder if I'm honest and tell the full backs not to push as hard

Noo Noo

He struggles to get involved in games, is easily dispossessed , seems to have limited vision and his finishing has been poor. When we signed him I thought he was a good signing and was fairly impressed with some of his earlier form but he now seems to have lost his confidence and does not seem to be up for a battle which is essential in this league. There is no doubt he is very skillful and to be fair WHU were tough competition but he was brushed aside very easily and has not impressed for a while now. It would be good to see him on top form but I doubt we will see this against tough opposition.
I disagree with some of that. I think he's still struggling tactically and with his positioning to be honest. He looks lost at times and then gets into some poor positions and / or gets caught of of position. Hence Klopp / Pep's shouting at him to move

[email protected]

Carra was on the money there. The stats say something but the eyes just aren't following it. Also saw the article calling him 'fleet footed' and again, having watched him that just does not somehow seem to ring true to me. He just looks like he should have half a yard more pace and time and significantly slower than Henderson although at other times he looks at least as quick if not quicker than Wijnaldum. Really a bit of a conundrum and if I'm honest, I am slightly worried about him.

That said, the stats are not lying and having looked slow and ponderous as well as quick and nimble (often in the same game) there is a real chance that it will just click for him. He's shown glimpses of what he can do and it might be that his biggest problem is lack of anticipation and being caught flat footed that is giving the impression that he struggling to keep up at times. Think he is worth persevering with personally as some players take a wee bit longer to get that edge especially with constant niggly injuries. The jury is still out though, it must be said.

Flobs

FADA
yeah it doesn't work for me either. I'd prefer an extra midfielder if I'm honest and tell the full backs not to push as hard
Why not just ask the DM to stay a bit deeper more of the time as well? o_O

Noo Noo

Why not just ask the DM to stay a bit deeper more of the time as well? o_O
Yep but in my mind you have 2 of them.

The risk is of course that you get too deep, or even worse the defensive line drops too deep opening spaces between the lines.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
well, that was a weird game of football! However never doubt these mighty men in Red! We need to get to collecting clean sheets and to be sharper when defending set pieces - 2 goals conceded from corners in 2 games isn't what we expect from the clean sheet masters!

Anyway, we bagged 3pts as we always do so happy days!
Plus I go my supply of pancakes sorted out so my match day routine is back in swing!
Over to the Watford thread!!!

In Klopp we trust!!!