Post match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 12/5/2019 3pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Matip

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Robertson [off 84’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

• Wijnaldum [off 88’]

• Henderson

• Mane [GOAL 17’, GOAL 81’]

Votes: 89 73.6%
  • Salah

• Origi [off 64’]

• Milner [on 64’]

• Gomez [on 84’]

• Oxlade - Chamberlain [on 88’]

• Total voters

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Mane, Salah, Origi.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
I'm so proud of these lads. 97 points. The best ever points/games ratio in our history. Let that sink in, lads and ladesses, let that sink in.

A big thank you to Klopp, the management staff and the players. It was wonderful. We'll come again next season and give it another go.

Obanite

Full time coo
Gutted, but as I said in the match thread I was born not long after Kenny left and our demise began.

Waited three decades for a title so it's not that painful at this point. The glory days are coming back under Klopp. Well done, City, but I've never been more proud to support this club.

#6 coming. Exemplary again, lads.

Incognito

The Normal One
Made city to win 14 games in a row to become the champions, that too by just a tiny margin. This, despite us having Champions League commitment and getting to its finals.

Wonderful season and excellent from everyone involved. We go again next season, but stronger than usual and with continuity unlike never before. I BELIEVE! We shall not be moved.. :-)

Also happy for Alisson, Mane and Salah for their individual achievements. Credit to the team for that incredible defense and support to make it possible.

As for the match, just happy everyone came out of it unscathed. To Madrid now. Onwards and upwards. YNWA.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Oh well, it's not to be but we have a big bonus cup to win, let's get excited about that now, City will look on with envy when we lift old big ears again.

So, we gained more points than any LFC or United team ever. Just 1 ( very unlucky) loss and still end up 2nd.That is totally insane.

Well done lads, you have been marvellous all season and made us proud.

Now go and win us all the Champions League. :well done:

auzziez

I don't believe in miracles. I rely on them
97 points at the end of the season. A CL final to look forward to, actually i should say another CL final.. Or rather another European Cup final. Made the most expensive squad assembled in the history of the game sweat till the last day to win the league.
What a beautiful season this has been. Bloody love Klopp and his men.

RodM

Great way to close out the season. Disappointed not to get the title but there is nothing more I could have asked of our players. Voted Mané for MotM. I think he is now equal in league goals with Mo.

For the glass half full stuff, I was expecting this to be the last game of the season but it isn't. The irony is that City would probably be quite happy to swap positions with us.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Really proud of this team. But it's sickening that we lose only one game all season and are not champions. City have to watch out next season. We're coming to get yer!

The point was made at the end of the match that if both teams were being honest, if we do win the CL then it would be kind of ironic as we'd have won what City want and they've won what we want.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Regardless of finishing position, Klopp can sit his boys down and tell them they are at the level of a title winning side.

This is a 97 point team without breaking any rules. Fuck city.

big noyd

great season. 97 points, 22 goals conceded, only 11mm short of going undefeated and being not only the champion, but the greatest champion of the EPL era

van dijk is our best player, but it's been sadio who's carried us more than anyone in the new year. his brace on the final day is a fitting end to the EPL season. trent was excellent, origi played quite well once again, alisson caught the ball when he had to

time to batter spurs--after all, it's the history of the tottenham--and move past barca & bayern with our sixth european title while the rest of england celebrates being left behind by human rights abusers & FFP cheats

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
We seemed knackered unsurprisingly and the atmosphere went a bit after City went 3-1 up but the lads still held in there and won. Happy to win and proud of the team but gutted we didnt get the league title that this amount of points would nearly always give. Still, 25 points ahead of Chelsea in 3rd, one hell of a season and shows how much catching up the pack need to do.

IndredCold

Yes, magnanimous in defeat and all that, but right now I'm just crestfallen! I couldn't have imagined a better league campaign and it still wasn't enough. You really have to wonder if we'll ever win this thing again...feels like we're cursed or something.

pottymonster

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.
Would be absolutely devastated if it wasn't for the fact we have a little thing happening on June 1.

Absolutely ridiculous season. We did everything we could. There is no definitive moment like 13/14 where the season swung, so I can't be too disappointed with it. City had to win 14 in a row and 18 of their last 19. They did that and fair play to them. But fuck them.

YNWA. On to Madrid!

macca1970

Really proud of this team. But it's sickening that we lose only one game all season and are not champions. City have to watch out next season. We're coming to get yer!

The point was made at the end of the match that if both teams were being honest, if we do win the CL then it would be kind of ironic as we'd have won what City want and they've won what we want.
True.

Under the 2 points per win system, we would be champions. But unfortuantely, Shitty got more three pointers than us.