• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 12/5/2019 3pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Matip

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Robertson [off 84’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

• Wijnaldum [off 88’]

• Henderson

• Mane [GOAL 17’, GOAL 81’]

Votes: 89 73.6%
  • Salah

• Origi [off 64’]

• Milner [on 64’]

• Gomez [on 84’]

• Oxlade - Chamberlain [on 88’]

• Total voters

kwala

TIA Regular
Amazing season.

If teams actually had a go a City instead of accepting defeat a week before kick off I'm sure a few more would take points off them.....

I think we need to be aiming for 100 points next season to win it, as I can only see City hitting this level again. Maybe if United, Arsenal, Spurs, and Chelsea strengthen they can all have a go at taking points off them.

Let's get ready for the final, win that, rest up, reinforce and come again.

Magnus

Team did their job. We were nervous and made mistakes, but we really defended well, so victory is deserved. I am still a bit dejected now (but proud of the team and the incredibly amazing season we have had), so I think I'll turn off the TV and go for a walk.

Limiescouse

I dont think people understand how difficult that was to win today. On the back of the physical and emotional exertion of Tuesday there was a huge risk of a let down today. Add in the likelihood of paying too much attention to the city score line, the tendency to have a let down once they knew City scored the third, and it was a real banana skin. This is such a professional, hard nosed group. We will be back and will win the fucker next year as defending european champs.

Last edited:

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Team did their job. We were nervous and made mistakes, but we really defended well, so victory is deserved. I am still a bit dejected now (but proud of the team and the incredibly amazing season we have had), so I think I'll turn off the TV and go for a walk.
Did you mean walk or is that a typo ?

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Lads, lads, lads, and everybody, as the TV advert goes over here. Yeah, but what the lads have achieved this season is nothing short of miraculous. Let's top it off by winning the Champions League Cup before we all calm down for the summer.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I think we need to be aiming for 100 points next season to win it, as I can only see City hitting this level again. Maybe if United, Arsenal, Spurs, and Chelsea strengthen they can all have a go at taking points off them.
I can see Spurs and if Chelsea get their transfer ban lifted might give us a bit of problem, I can also see Unai Emery making a nuisance of himself, but I just don't see United making anything out of next season (well only Steve McMahon and Stan Collymore thinks they might). I agree with you that 100 points is the target now as long as Guardiola is still in charge. I just hope this season don't break our players and become too dispirited next season.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Can't fault these players for nothing. You really can't ask anything more out of them, they gave everything they had and then some. At the end of the day, we're not going anywhere. We'll keep on building and improving and sooner rather than later, we'll finally going to win it.

On a sidenote, I can't think of a more undeserving, deluded set of fans than those City cunts. Can't even fill their stadium on a regular basis and they wouldn't know what class is even if their life depended on it. It's one of life's great ironies that those bastards ended up in this situation. Fuck them and the oil money behind them.

Last edited:

Livvy

Alles wird gut
We pushed City all the way and never gave up, immensely proud of everyone. That's an incredible amount of points and we will strengthen the team further for sure. A bit sad but we have to give citiy credit, we shouldn't be bitter losers, we are Liverpool. This means more.

I've read that they will have some days free now and then they'll go to Spain for a trainings camp. They want to avoid the pressure during the build up (Klopp and the serial loser thing etc) and acclimate to the spanish weather. Makes sense for me because we'll play our final over there. But I guess some people will moan about that nonetheless.

reds_for_sure

TIA New Signing
The one thing great about this team is that it united the whole fan base ! The great thing to notice how the team has matured out from last year and the amazing work in defence. If I had awards, I would give it to backline and the GK. They have made us complete. Gone are the days when we fans were at tenterhooks about defense. Welcome the new look Reds!

Magnus

Did you mean walk or is that a typo ?
Phone has auto correct on, so when writing on the phone, odd things can happen. Yes, I meant walk. Anyway, I am off for a while. I will post something more of substance another day. But again, our squad and manager has been amazing this season. Still need that walk in nature right now though.

Notasuperfan

I can see Spurs and if Chelsea get their transfer ban lifted might give us a bit of problem, I can also see Unai Emery making a nuisance of himself, but I just don't see United making anything out of next season (well only Steve McMahon and Stan Collymore thinks they might). I agree with you that 100 points is the target now as long as Guardiola is still in charge. I just hope this season don't break our players and become too dispirited next season.

It all boils down to how Mike Gordon, Michael Edwards and Klopp. The trio will eventually be the ones that will help strengthen the teams. By now, they all would have identified the weak areas in our squad and maybe have a Fabinho-style announcement to make after the UCL tie.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Can’t really grumble about our league campaign.
And we did it without having the luxury of having a massive squad and also facing ‘much changed team’ every weekend.
We need to strengthen in the summer. But we just need to go in with belief and keep doing what we are do.
Going into the season as European champions will also be a lift so COYR!!

macca1970

After our mini blip, we picked up 9 wins out of 9, scoring 25, and GD of 18. Shitty scored 19 and GD of 16 in the same time. So we kept the pressure on them. Bodes well for next season.

As for the game today, Wolves played just as expected. Very dogged in defence with three a tthe back, and always looking to exploit the counter opportunities. They also hatched their plan to foil our quick counter transitions with niggly fouls, which was duly aided and abetted by the fool Martin Atkinson who belatedly had to give a couple of yellows for cynical fouls he could not ignore. Now i'm not going down the conspiracy line, just pointing out the ineptitude of the prem ref standard.

Sadio with a brace of goals, and TAA matched him with the assists. First goal remniscent of many that we've scored lately. MO and Sadio share the top scorer award (along with the Arse guy), and Becker gets the most clean sheets. Alison was very secure again today, getting the crucial saves even when he never had much to do.

A slight hope when Brighton opened the scoring against Shitty, but they couldn'r hold out and let in an equaliser straight away. If they held out till the first half break, then Shitty may have had a lot harder work to do.

YNWA.