• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 12/5/2019 3pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Matip

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Robertson [off 84’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

• Wijnaldum [off 88’]

• Henderson

• Mane [GOAL 17’, GOAL 81’]

Votes: 89 73.6%
  • Salah

• Origi [off 64’]

• Milner [on 64’]

• Gomez [on 84’]

• Oxlade - Chamberlain [on 88’]

• Total voters

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
I can't say it enough. It has been an amazing season, we were taken on a rollercoaster ride and the football has been magnificent. All our boys worked so bloomin hard, they gave their heart, soul, sweat, tears and took the pain to fight for every single point in every match. We had key injuries, no Gomez, no AOC, Mo out in a crucial match etc.

Our boys have been thumped, pushed , hit in the face by opposition, none of our lads got sent off, we have had incompetent referees make bad decisions go against us and the boys kept their cool in adverse situations. Also, our courageous Captain Henderson and Vice Captains Millner and Van Djik were colossal. They made sure the rest of the team did not falter during the games.:well done:

A MASSIVE Thank you to our majestic and awe-inspiring manager Kloppo and his hard working and innovative coaching staff and everyone at Melwood. They really got the best out of our boys.:well done: :celebrating: :cheers:

Special mention to the fantastic Anfield crowd and our wonderful inspirational travelling Kop, who traversed across Europe representing us Reds around the World. You are great ambassadors for our club and the magnificent city of Liverpool.

Finally, I have thoroughly enjoyed participating in the In Match and Post Match threads with all the TIA gang, even though the nerves got the better than me alot of the time. You all helped me get through this wonderful season. I swear, from the bottom of my heart, I just don't know what i would do with out you all. I am so blessed to have you as my Red family. THANKS A MILLION guys and gals!!:well done:

Love you lots. Muah, Muah, Muah!!:J

Last edited:

Macolfc

The title wasn’t meant to be, it’s really sickening with regards to the position we where in at Christmas but hey ho. Not sure about everyone else but for me it puts a massive amount of significance on the champions league final. For this team to lose the league by one point & then go on to lose the final against an English opponent for me would be absolutely horrible to witness. These lads & Klopp absolutely deserve to bring big ears back home! Let’s finish this year off in style.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
It is what it is, 2nd place but the highest point total for the second placed team. 97 bleeding points and we aren't Champions? One loss all season and we aren't Champions? Undefeated at Anfield. The 2 top scorers in the PL and are we Champions? No. Conceded the least amount of goals, are we Champions? No.

We lost it cause of the draws, 6 of them but put in a hell of a show. So many twists and turns even during this match where we were 1-0 up and City were 1-0 down at Brighton. Sums up the season. We win 2-0 but City win 4-1. Well done to City who came up big when they had to and won more games than we did. They also lost 3 more than us.

Next season is OUR season to win the league, guaranteed. This season was always about closing the gap which was around 24 pts and challenging City as hard as we can, both of which we did. Came close the winning it so the experience of coming this close and now knowing what it takes to win the league should serve us well next season. Make sure we turn those draws into win and keep it tight at the back like we have this season and the title will be ours. So proud of our players and everyone associated with the club. Everyone gave it their all and we finished within a point of arguably one of the best sides to ever win the PL.
Proud to be a RED. YNWA.

Now to look forward to the Champions League which we pretty much have to win. Bring back number 6!

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
I can't say it enough. It has been an amazing season, we were taken on a rollercoaster ride and the football has been magnificent. All our boys worked so bloomin hard, they gave their heart, soul, sweat, tears and took the pain to fight for every single point in every match. We had key injuries, no Gomez, no AOC, Mo out in a crucial match etc.

Our boys have been thumped, pushed , hit in the face by opposition, none of our lads got sent off, we have had incompetent referees make bad decisions go against us and the boys kept their cool in adverse situations. Also, our courageous Captain Henderson and Vice Captains Millner and Van Djik were colossal. They made sure the rest of the team did not falter during the games.:well done:

A MASSIVE Thank you to our majestic and awe-inspiring manager Kloppo and his hard working and innovative coaching staff and everyone at Melwood. They really got the best out of our boys.:well done: :celebrating: :cheers:

Special mention to the fantastic Anfield crowd and our wonderful inspirational travelling Kop, who traversed across Europe representing us Reds around the World. You are great ambassadors for our club and the magnificent city of Liverpool.

Finally, I have thoroughly enjoyed participating in the In Match and Post Match threads with all the TIA gang, even though the nerves got the better than me alot of the time. You all helped me get through this wonderful season. I swear from the bottom of my heart, I just don't know what i would do with out you all. I am so blessed to have you as my Red family. THANKS A MILLION guys and gals!!:well done:

Love you lots. Muah, Muah, Muah!!:J
And it ain’t over yet....

redaderry

What a season. Pity about the monstrosity freakshow that is ManC that we were up against but that doesn't make our achievement any less awesome. Well done Klopp and the team, and the whole organisation - including the ball boys :cheers:!!
Strangely, i don't feel as bad as a I should, just immensely proud of the club. 97 fucking points!!! And Klopp still building..
On to the big one now in Madrid :celebrating:

LFC4EVR

2 golden boot winners, golden glove winner, EPL player of the year + PFA players player of the year and we're in the Champions League Final.

We also don't have 4 footballing associations investigating us unlike our City neighbours. Pep definitely wanted to win the CL, they wanted to sweep the board, so neither going to happen now. What if City gets banned from the CL next year its possible. Will their players remain with City? Pep?

Still got to say I'm a little sick of the Chelseas, Cities operating with impunity, getting slapped with stupid cash fines, then having most of it rescinded its making the rules a farce, and penalizing a team that's done so well. So here's hoping this time around they'll stand firm and ignore the oil bribes.

theres always tommorrow

Hope is in my heart again
Just left Anfield after the post match celebrations. Would have been nice to see us lift the title but not to be.

Terrific atmosphere today if not a little anxious. For 15 mins in the first half as news filtered in that Brighton had scored and then let one in the crowd was ecstatic. I’m sure it transferred to the players who moved up another gear then dropped several as City moved ahead.
It was always going to be a huge ask from Brighton.

We ran City close. So proud of these lads. Thanks for the best season in 29 years Mr Klopp

Redsi73

At the end of the day we did everything we could to win it.

Blame all those other shitty PL teams who rolled over for Man City since the turn of the year............14 wins on the bounce.......

Anyway, on to bigger and better things, old big ears beckons us for a 6th time.

Well played LFC, You've truly truly done us proud this season :celebrating:

Flobs

FADA
Oh and one more thing. Wolves supporters are classless. Spent the whole afternoon thinking up vile, spiteful songs. Hope they miss their bus home.

Thanks to everyone on TIA for sharing the prem with me this season. One more game to go before we rest. Hope it’s the best yet.
They have been on the end of that a lot so perhaps it has rubbed off on them. ;-)

phil smith

What an unforgettable season we've just had. The lads have given their all and brought respect for this magnificent club again. Still a young squad with only good things ahead of us. Thanks to Jurgen, his staff and every single one of the players. A bit of a rest now and then back on June 1st for the big one. YNWA.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Let me tell you lot this. Tomorrow when you strolled into your work place, faces your mates who support the opposing side, if any of them come up to you and laughed at your face for finishing 2nd, look at them in the eye and tell them to try and check when was the last time their club recorded 97 points and 30 wins in a season. Gutted we didn't win the league? Sure I am. But that's due to us coming so close, and if anyone who loves football can't see how good this season has come to, then they aren't football fan. They just support the club they do just because their other mates do. This to me is by far the most difficult season for anyone to win the league. If we win it, I would tip my hat off City for pushing this hard. We didn't, and I hold my head up high for what we have achieved this season. Unlike last season when the league is won midway through February.

pass_and_move

TIA New Signing
Fantastic season and brilliant stats. And we now have a spine through the middle of our team, and what a spine it is. Let's hope we can go on to win our 6th European Cup on June 1st. Not a forgone conclusion by any means, but we dare to dream. Come on you reds and thank you for bringing so much joy to people.

Limiescouse

We are a team on the up. As I said during the week, teams almost never win the league without failing in a title race first. We are young and still building. For City, Kompany is 33. Silva is 33 and looked like he's lost a step this year. Fernandino is 34. They have a hell of a job to not fall off.

nikz200

So as soon as the match finished, on que , someone messages me saying Utd are still the biggest club in terms of titles in the history obviously in an attempt to piss me off and kick me while I'm down. But in truth , we were really against the brunt of it all. City built a team that simply hammered points in and to be fair , they played some blistering football on the way to collecting 98 points.

We took them every inch and every step of the way and while we can point to places where we lost it. To do so would simply be missing the point that under jurgen we have come miles and miles. With the exception of the local Fa cup and capital one cup, we have seen us established in europe while mounting a league challenge and i feel regardless of city winning the league or whatever, we have seen this team lose only one game all season while making Anfield an absolute fortress.

We have seen Sadio Mane and Mo Salah share the golden boot (albeit also with aubameyang) and Alisson become the golden glove winner while Big Virg won PFA player of the year this year. Its been an amazing season with a team built for years and years and now we need to see to it that this team stay together and build on it, not fall apart like 2008 and 2014 when we sold our best players and did not bolster the squad with one or two signings.

I am so proud of the lads, from Virg, to Salah, to henderson who had his mettle questioned all season long by fans and pundits alike. I am proud of the growth TAA showed this season and provided us with two solid fullbacks who gripped the world stage. Proud of Origi who rose to put in some key performances. Proud of the staff and michael edwards who despite losing Buvac have held it together to improve on our league positioning and keeping us on course in europe. Proud of Jurgen who represents Liverpool football club so much to the point where i fear what should happen if he should decide to go elsewhere someday.

Im also proud of the fans , most so on today. The moment that really got me was when City were winning 4-1 at brighton and we were winning and fighting wolves, our fans began to chant "We shall not be moved". Bloody right, YNWA

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
I’m gutted.
At this moment I hate football.
Don't be sad. This is a tough league, remember Eddie's post.
Man City are dying to win Champions League, we are in the final two years in a row.
We are almost there. We were 25 points behind City last year. We are the only club who can match them, despite our club having less money than Emirates City.
We are a young team, we will get there.
Please keep the faith.:well done::)

Alright Now

So as soon as the match finished, on que , someone messages me saying Utd are still the biggest club in terms of titles in the history obviously in an attempt to piss me off and kick me while I'm down. But in truth , we were really against the brunt of it all. City built a team that simply hammered points in and to be fair , they played some blistering football on the way to collecting 98 points.

We took them every inch and every step of the way and while we can point to places where we lost it. To do so would simply be missing the point that under jurgen we have come miles and miles. With the exception of the local Fa cup and capital one cup, we have seen us established in europe while mounting a league challenge and i feel regardless of city winning the league or whatever, we have seen this team lose only one game all season while making Anfield an absolute fortress.

We have seen Sadio Mane and Mo Salah share the golden boot (albeit also with aubameyang) and Alisson become the golden glove winner while Big Virg won PFA player of the year this year. Its been an amazing season with a team built for years and years and now we need to see to it that this team stay together and build on it, not fall apart like 2008 and 2014 when we sold our best players and did not bolster the squad with one or two signings.

I am so proud of the lads, from Virg, to Salah, to henderson who had his mettle questioned all season long by fans and pundits alike. I am proud of the growth TAA showed this season and provided us with two solid fullbacks who gripped the world stage. Proud of Origi who rose to put in some key performances. Proud of the staff and michael edwards who despite losing Buvac have held it together to improve on our league positioning and keeping us on course in europe. Proud of Jurgen who represents Liverpool football club so much to the point where i fear what should happen if he should decide to go elsewhere someday.

Im also proud of the fans , most so on today. The moment that really got me was when City were winning 4-1 at brighton and we were winning and fighting wolves, our fans began to chant "We shall not be moved". Bloody right, YNWA
United fans sounding like the Boss’ Glory Days then?

Now I think I'm going down to the well tonight
And I'm going to drink till I get my fill
And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it
But I probably will
Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
A little of the glory of, well time slips away
And leaves you with nothing mister but
Boring stories of glory days

Ole.