Post match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 12/5/2019 3pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Matip

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Robertson [off 84’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

• Wijnaldum [off 88’]

• Henderson

• Mane [GOAL 17’, GOAL 81’]

Votes: 89 73.6%
  • Salah

• Origi [off 64’]

• Milner [on 64’]

• Gomez [on 84’]

• Oxlade - Chamberlain [on 88’]

• Total voters

KMD1951

Thought the fans were absolutely immense today. Don’t know what targets Klopp has for this summer but who would not want to come and play for those fans. Let’s win in Madrid and put everything in to next season to win the League. As Klopp has said on many occasions, this is only the beginning. YNWA.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Winning the 6th is everything now.
Let's give our absolute best.
The players deserve a good rest, they have given everything into this title race.
Congratulations team, you are winners, you have won our hearts, you are our heroes. Be patient, success will come.
You'll never walk alone.

Commando

Can some poster explain to me why I'm sitting here not gutted? ALL I've wanted for so long is for us to win the league. I've thought for weeks that I'd be devestated should events turn out as they have. Yet I can't mope. As other posters have said, it feels like it's only a matter of time.

Two CL finals running.

Wolves fans mocking us. lol lollollol WTAF

Citoil fans will already be shitting themselves about what we're bringing next year.

I can't quote @Maria because I can't remember what she said, but,

I think it was something along the lines of,

Thank You one and all fellow posters of the TIA forums. We've been here for each other through the highs and seldom lows of this campaign. Harsh words may have been exchanged when spirits were low, but that's what it's like in a family.
Unity is strength.

BTW I feel a bit sorry for shitty. Only six days rest before their next game #fixture congestion while we get nearly three weeks off. Where's the fairness in that?

I'm rambling now (a mix of lager, whisky and the heady atmosphere of the game today). So I'll bid you all a good night and say that I'll see you all soon.

Just come back in to edit.

Shitty's season will be over next week, ours "drags on" for another fortnight lol

RedYank

Missed everything today as it were...the mum's day thing you know. Perhaps just as well, as the spectacle of watching those plastic cheating blue bastards hoisting the PL trophy may have caused unneeded stomach upset and vinegary emotion. Serene now, with the knowledge that bringing back that "other" trophy from Madrid, will be even more enjoyable...with denying them the one they really wanted.

Wonderful ride..quite enjoyable, all things considered. Congratulations to the lads, manager, city of Liverpool, and to all supporters worldwide! Well done all!

YNWA COYR and on to glory in Madrid!

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
Feeling pretty empty right now. So, so proud of our players of course, who kept going right until the end, but I think that right up until City's third went in I believed we were going to do it, and the comedown is pretty hard.

Once the dust has settled with begin gearing up mentally for the final, and I do think we have a tremendous chance of getting number 6, which if it happens would be a great note to end a great season on.

But for now just sitting here a bit dazed and a bit down in the dumps. The main thing offering me comfort is the knowledge that Klopp will outlast Pep, who I think will be at City for another year tops, while Jurgen is apparently poised to sign another contract. And when Pep goes City will drop a little bit. Hopefully Juve make him a compelling offer this summer.

liver1

No, im not gutted. 97 points is more points than Manu, Chelsea, Arsenal have ever got. Manu's record is 91 points.

Last year we finished 4th. Rarely do you jump from 4th to 1st in the space of a season. Usually you need to take a run up, or even need a few attempts, to winning a league, and this was the first run up.

This doesnt feel like a missed opportunity, it feels more like the beginning of a new chapter.

In the same way when we lost the CL final last year, you might think these chances dont happen often, but now were back in the final a year later.

That defeat in the CL last year made us stronger for this year, I have no doubt about that, and this year were in stronger position to win it.

It will be the same case for the league next year. The experience of the title challenge will be money in the bank for next season.

Red over the water

So proud of this Liverpool team. The level we have reached is incredible. 97 points, Golden gloves, Golden Boot/s, Player of the Season... and now off to Madrid for our second Champions League final on the bounce.

Man City are crooked, so I can't legitimately congratulate them. Financially doped to the eyeballs. For any well meaning people who don't fully understand what that means, it basically takes the sporting contest away. Over a long season a crucial component of the race is how a team manages injuries, tiredness and loss of form. When those things are removed as consequential factors, due to the sheer volume of quality players on hand - players who were illegally brought in due to bypassing FFP, then it's awful.

The authorities simply must protect the game. We are watching.

Meanwhile, it's on to Madrid. This season might yet end with the biggest trophy of all. We can look forward to hopefully winning number 6, in our 9th final. Man City, for all their money, haven't reached one yet. No pedigree.

Maria

Right back at ya @Maria :well done:
You know what, its true, we all had a few squabbles with each other during tense situations, the beauty is, we are never angry for long. Our running match commentaries are the best with the legendary TIA humour. I tell you, I haven't laughed this much for a long time as I have this season. This had the best medicine.
Long may it continue.

Maria

So proud of this Liverpool team. The level we have reached is incredible. 97 points, Golden gloves, Golden Boot/s, Player of the Season... and now off to Madrid for our second Champions League final on the bounce.

Man City are crooked, so I can't legitimately congratulate them. Financially doped to the eyeballs. For any well meaning people who don't fully understand what that means, it basically takes the sporting contest away. Over a long season a crucial component of the race is how a team manages injuries, tiredness and loss of form. When those things are removed as consequential factors, due to the sheer volume of quality players on hand - players who were illegally brought in due to bypassing FFP, then it's awful.

The authorities simply must protect the game. We are watching.

Meanwhile, it's on to Madrid. This season might yet end with the biggest trophy of all. We can look forward to hopefully winning number 6, in our 9th final. Man City, for all their money, haven't reached one yet. No pedigree.
This! Is absolutely amaze-balls. All our players. Also, how astonishing, all players who won the 'Golden Boot were mentored under Jürgen.
Don't forget we'd have Rhian Brewster next season, the new addition. :celebrating:

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Had a few Manure fans trolling me on facebook,

My reply has been "We amassed our highest points total ever, which is higher than Manure has ever achieved, which in my book makes us better than any Manure side ever" Then finished with "Support your own team, who have now lost their last 2 games to relegated sides, I am proud of my Team are you?"

And as the old song Goes 'Its all gone quiet over there"

No sniping from other players fans will or if we don't win a trophy will change my view we have had an exceptional season with an awesome team, an Impressive Manager and fans 2nd too none.

'Liverpool, we love you" YNWA

redaderry

Had a few Manure fans trolling me on facebook,

My reply has been "We amassed our highest points total ever, which is higher than Manure has ever achieved, which in my book makes us better than any Manure side ever" Then finished with "Support your own team, who have now lost their last 2 games to relegated sides, I am proud of my Team are you?"

And as the old song Goes 'Its all gone quiet over there"

No sniping from other players fans will or if we don't win a trophy will change my view we have had an exceptional season with an awesome team, an Impressive Manager and fans 2nd too none.

'Liverpool, we love you" YNWA
There's only one response to any ManU fans who troll you. It's "Ole OleOleOle...... Ole...... Ole" lol

jabu

TIA New Signing
Unfortunately i didnt watch the entire match as it was 2am here and was just exhausted because of a crazy week. But firstly congrats to the best team and manager in the world, YNWA! We love you and thank you for a terrific season....
And to all my partners in crime on this forum, God bless you and yours, I really enjoyed sharing this crazy journey with you all... we go again next season...LETS FUCK EM UP!!

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
We are a team on the up. As I said during the week, teams almost never win the league without failing in a title race first. We are young and still building. For City, Kompany is 33. Silva is 33 and looked like he's lost a step this year. Fernandino is 34. They have a hell of a job to not fall off.
My concern about this is that they go on another spree this summer to start replacing them. Maybe we benefit from players having to find their way in a new league, but they are already two deep at every position.

604LFC"YNWA"

Tremendously proud of the boys,, absolutely ecstatic of the progression of the team from last season to this one.

However, it's so gut wrenching seeing team get 97pts and not come away with the trophy at the end of the season. Lots have to go your way to win the title, and this season, lots has gone Liverpool way. I really thought this was our Year to lift the EPL trophy, I guess it'll have to be next year. I am pretty sure next season neither City or Liverpool will have 90+pts again, the teams in mid-table will be tougher to beat and the other top six teams will improve.

It's been wondering season, lets go again next season and win the bloody damn league :-) .

One more game to go, the CL trophy will be a good consolation for missing out on the PL.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ah well, that was bloody exciting for about 60 seconds after Brighton scored. All seemed a bit too good to be true and so it proved. It was fitting that we won that game in such a low key way. Been doing it all season. Played within ourselves, scored when we needed to, kept a clean sheet. Another routine victory. Completely professional to the end.

I am gutted for the lads and for JK. Putting a brave face on it I'm sure but they wouldn't be human if they weren't hurting a bit. An incredible effort. At the end no one was feeling sorry for themselves. Everyone was up singing 'We shall not be moved'. It was sung from the gut and ended with the line that we're the team that's going to win the European Cup. Make it so, lads.

Limiescouse

Ah well, that was bloody exciting for about 60 seconds after Brighton scored. All seemed a bit too good to be true and so it proved. It was fitting that we won that game in such a low key way. Been doing it all season. Played within ourselves, scored when we needed to, kept a clean sheet. Another routine victory. Completely professional to the end.

I am gutted for the lads and for JK. Putting a brave face on it I'm sure but they wouldn't be human if they weren't hurting a bit. An incredible effort. At the end no one was feeling sorry for themselves. Everyone was up singing 'We shall not be moved'. It was sung from the gut and ended with the line that we're the team that's going to win the European Cup. Make it so, lads.
I get the old Shankly sayings, but they represent an attitude about what you should do to try to win, not how you should feel if you dont. The beautiful thing about sports is that sometimes you really can everything that is asked of you and still not win. There is nothing you can feel bad about in that situation. I guarantee you, Hendo felt worse about the loss in 13-14 than this year. That's why I think this is something to celebrate. Not because 2nd in itself is worth celebrating, but because we're fucking back. This side knows they are favourites for the CL. They know they are every bit as good as City and have a reasonable expectation of being favourites next year (if not the bookies favourites, favourites in their own minds).

Danny_

Congrats to the lads on an unbelievable 97 points. I was feeling very down earlier because to lose having had that kind of season is ridiculous. It almost seems unfair (and actually is) but whatever. We need to pick ourselves up now and try to win in Madrid. If we do (and to an extent, even if we don't), it will have been a fantastic season.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
My match report from the kop:

Got to anfield early - everyone had agreed to do this. 11.30, 3 and a half hours to kick off - the area is already heaving. Club store is packed. I bought the new red shirt - haven’t bought one for over 10 years, so about time.

Daughter wanted keepers shirt but out of stock! Don’t know what new balance are doing with their stock ordering.

Into kop bar, met with the usual crew. Anxiety. We can only win, glimmer of hope in that Brighton do something.

And then into stand. No signal - won’t know what’s going on in other game.

Mane scores, we should be ok. Then lower parts of stadium erupts. Brighton must have scored. Someone confirms it. Then another cheer, apparantely 2-0? No it’s not.

1-1- wolves fans start taunting us.

2-1. Oh well.

Silent at half time.

2nd half a bit nervy and edgy. Maybe Tuesday night took it out of us. Wolves could equalise, but Alisson keeps us in it.

Then 2-0, but city 4-1. Whistle goes.

All done. Heard the new song for Trent. Perfect.

There’s a scouser in my team, scouser in my team, Alexander Arnold, Alexander Arnold, Alexander Arnold....scouser in my team.

Lap of honour. Salahs daughter gets a cheer - dribbles the ball from half way and scores. Same as last year.

After heroics of Tuesday, anfield magic and then cheering a little girl to score - how can anyone not love our club.... players must be praying Jurgen knocks on their door this summer.

We have 3 weeks until another game. This season is not done.

Walked to concert square - huge party - warm up to Madrid.

Think I’m going to be quite drunk in the next hour - so that’s me done for now...

Madrid.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I honestly couldn't be prouder of this team and club.
I am usually a very soar loser. But in a wierd kind of way I am ok with City taking the title. We lost one time, and it was to City, by a margin of 11mm. They are a great a team and deserve every accolade, and so are we.
If we win the CL it will fitting as a reward for an amazing season.

Nest season we will come back stronger.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
City didn't start this buy everyone phenomenon. There's another club in London and to a certain extent Manchester that did this too. Spain been doing this for decades, and so did Italy when they've got the cash. We lost to a better side, we knew going into the season 100 points are going to be the target since the opponent had done it the season before.
The difference is not just in the scale of the investment (as others have pointed out). It’s that the investment has broken the rules of the game, and while Chelsea and United have, as far as we know operated within the rules of FFP, City haven’t.

Saying we lost to a better team is hollow. I’d have no problem losing to a better team if that team played to the sane rules as us. City don’t, and their title win is tainted. One day the truth will out. Maybe one of the four footballing bodies currently investigating them will hammer them?

Joe Gomez x

For the first time , I think Jürgen has the pull of most players in the world. The standard we play,the atmosphere we play in and in the lucrative league we play in are all major pulls in the market. The tide is turning for us as this next season we will be once again a ‘big’ club on the market and present world football . On the other hand.. United are fucked, 20 years before the see another major trophy again.