Post match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 12/5/2019 3pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Matip

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Robertson [off 84’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

• Wijnaldum [off 88’]

• Henderson

• Mane [GOAL 17’, GOAL 81’]

Votes: 89 73.6%
  • Salah

• Origi [off 64’]

• Milner [on 64’]

• Gomez [on 84’]

• Oxlade - Chamberlain [on 88’]

• Total voters

jaffod

Would be absolutely devastated if it wasn't for the fact we have a little thing happening on June 1.

Absolutely ridiculous season. We did everything we could. There is no definitive moment like 13/14 where the season swung, so I can't be too disappointed with it. City had to win 14 in a row and 18 of their last 19. They did that and fair play to them. But fuck them.

YNWA. On to Madrid!
The definitive moment was when Taylor failed to send off Kompany. And fair play to them my fucking arse. Cheating, corrupt cunts.

jaffod

Oh and one more thing. Wolves supporters are classless. Spent the whole afternoon thinking up vile, spiteful songs. Hope they miss their bus home.

Thanks to everyone on TIA for sharing the prem with me this season. One more game to go before we rest. Hope it’s the best yet.

Small-time nothing club followed by thick, clueless morons. Finishing 7th is as good as it will get for these cunts. It's all downhill from here.

jaffod

City didn't start this buy everyone phenomenon. There's another club in London and to a certain extent Manchester that did this too. Spain been doing this for decades, and so did Italy when they've got the cash. We lost to a better side, we knew going into the season 100 points are going to be the target since the opponent had done it the season before.
Rubbish.

Did those other clubs break FFP rules and regulations?

No, they didn't, just like we haven't. That's the difference.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
This team is fantastic. Once again, another laboured, tired performance after a hard week yet another comfortable win. This side is relentlessly good.

There will be no big drop off in performance next season, this side is here to stay at the top. Couldn't be more pleased with the players we've got, the management we've got and how we've built it.

Another great party in town despite the disappointment. I can't wait for 3 weeks time, if we win it it'll lift this club onto another level. I couldn't wish to support a better club, it's brought me so much joy despite not winning anything over the last 3 years or so.

Onwards and upwards. The Wolves fans were singing "you're gonna cry in a minute", and I couldn't laugh at how wrong they were. Perhaps that's how they responded to their meltdown against Watford. These reds are more resilient than that. "You're gonna win fuck all...", see you in Madrid, lads.

Up the fucking reds.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
My concern about this is that they go on another spree this summer to start replacing them. Maybe we benefit from players having to find their way in a new league, but they are already two deep at every position.
I wouldnt think even City would be stupid enough to go on a spending spree knowing that all 4 bodies are investigating them. Only one outcome of that really should be a European ban or points deduction for next season

LFC_80

So very proud of our lads. It won't ever happen again I don't think, 97 points, one loss and that isn't enough to win the league?. Credit to Man City, we pushed them all the way, and we will only continue to get better.
We deserve a trophy, and have the opportunity to win the European Cup for the 6th time.
Our time is coming. We'll be back, and starting next season, I'm sure we'll finally end the long wait.

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
I wouldnt think even City would be stupid enough to go on a spending spree knowing that all 4 bodies are investigating them. Only one outcome of that really should be a European ban or points deduction for next season
It’s definitely stopped them in the past.

LFC_80

Can the sensible posters on here please have mod status for a week so we get to ban dickheads who question Klopp?
Seriously though, how can anyone question him?. Never lost a 2 legged tie in Europe, and unbeaten at Anfield for the entire league season, only missed out by a point. Not to mention only losing once. Incredible that there are doubters.

Last edited:

Alright Now

This team is fantastic. Once again, another laboured, tired performance after a hard week yet another comfortable win. This side is relentlessly good.

There will be no big drop off in performance next season, this side is here to stay at the top. Couldn't be more pleased with the players we've got, the management we've got and how we've built it.

Another great party in town despite the disappointment. I can't wait for 3 weeks time, if we win it it'll lift this club onto another level. I couldn't wish to support a better club, it's brought me so much joy despite not winning anything over the last 3 years or so.

Onwards and upwards. The Wolves fans were singing "you're gonna cry in a minute", and I couldn't laugh at how wrong they were. Perhaps that's how they responded to their meltdown against Watford. These reds are more resilient than that. "You're gonna win fuck all...", see you in Madrid, lads.

Up the fucking reds.
Nice post, @ILLOK

What's with these Wolves fans anyway? Innate bitterness on display in both matches this season.

William Clarke

redshirt
Seriously though, how can anyone question him?. Never lost a 2 legged tie in Europe, and unbeaten at Anfield for the last two league seasons, and missed out by a point. Incredible that there are doubters.
I must admit that I've not read any anti Klopp posts on here, at least not on any of the threads that I get involved in. If it's happening then it's ridiculous, Klopp's improving our team with every season that passes.

NZred

The Red From NZ
Am I disappointed? No, am I gutted? Absolutely. We haven't bottled shit. Everyone expected City to walk the league, again, this season and we stood up and said "Fuck that", we pushed arguably the greatest EPL side ever to the last fucking game of the season, we finished with 1 god dam loss, we have the golden boot winner, the premier league player of these season and the golden gloves winner. This will go down as one of our best seasons ever. Period. Add in a Champions League and I'll argue it is our greatest season ever.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Rubbish.

Did those other clubs break FFP rules and regulations?

No, they didn't, just like we haven't. That's the difference.
The rules weren’t implemented back in those days. If the rules aren’t there how to break them? You are as gracious as an Everton fan..... instead of congratulating our boys, you ran all over the place bitching about City.

nzkop1te

making lemonade out of a lemon
As much as we are all gutted not to win the league, but what a season!! As far as I see it we have room for improvement, we can and will get better and stronger even after the how brilliantly we have been. We're just going from strength to strength. Where as City as far as I'm concerned have peaked. They have had to look over their shoulders all year, they know what's coming and there's nothing they can do about!
This team of our has only just started, what a time to be a red!!
Well done to all, well f..in done!! Can't wait for June 1st and next season!

Dane

NEXT!
Gutted, and incredibly proud.
Routine win yesterday, but was always in the back of my mind that City wouldn't slip up.

Incredible support, even after we knew we'd not won the title.
Tremendous reception for the players returning with their kids, couldn't join in with YNWA as I actually found myself crying a little :-(

Win number 6 in Madrid.
Uefa and the Premier League grow a pair and reign those cheating cunts in a bit, we'll do them on a level playing field.

Loving everything about this wonderful club right now (well, except the moronic decision makers over ticket allocation)

Clive

Can’t say I’m gutted. I think I processed weeks ago that if City win 14 in a row they will win the league. I guess I’m surprised by not being more disappointed about not winning the league but there’s Madrid to look forward to.

At the end of the day, we’ve had a magnificent season and we’re pipped by City. There’s one or two “what if moments”, City away and probably Leicester home/ West Ham away sequence, but out of 38 games it seems a bit churlish to have regrets about a couple of results.

The big question is how we back up next season. I’m confident we can retain our key players, I just have a niggling doubt about whether we can keep them fit like we did this season. If we can add one or two new faces to provide some contingency, that would be ideal.

Dane

NEXT!
The rules weren’t implemented back in those days. If the rules aren’t there how to break them? You are as gracious as an Everton fan..... instead of congratulating our boys, you ran all over the place bitching about City.
Running all over the place trying to get a rise out of him isn't helping.
Or has your account been hacked by @sms1986 ?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Running all over the place trying to get a rise out of him isn't helping.
Or has your account been hacked by @sms1986 ?
Uhm..... what now?

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
considering the pressure on the team, the weight of 29 years, the importance of the match, then the deflation as Mnac scored and scored again, I think we play well.
we had a bit of a low point in the 2nd half but I think that is normal when you know the league has gone and cvant get it under your own steam. If they needed to score six to secure the title Im sure they would have done it !
Origi seems to be faster that I remember and getting better and better. He is a hero of Faircough proportions due to his Everton and Barca goals.

Mane is still on fire. Van the man still rock solid ! one player backed into him to head a high ball,, he just bounced off van the man who header cool as you like. Kind of summed him up for me ! Becker made some good saves. Wolves are the best of the rest champions, and are wekll organised and dangerous. But think we were still a class above them.

End to a brilliant season, and considering the age of the team, the long term contracts, the great signings this season, I expect us to be there and there about next season. I also expect klopp to tweek the squad - fringe players out- but no major surgery.

What I remember about klopp is that he beat Bayern and won the German double with not much cash (compared to Bayern).

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
The definitive moment was when Taylor failed to send off Kompany. And fair play to them my fucking arse. Cheating, corrupt cunts.
Yes kompany should have gone but i think city fans will say that VVD should have got a red in that game too

I do have it in my head through that sterling was a fraction offside for their 2nd goal . he was offside when the ball is played to him who then crosses to Silva to score

Last edited: