• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 29/12/19 4.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 14 11.6%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • Gomez

Votes: 77 63.6%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Henderson

Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Wijnaldum [off 86’]

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Lallana [off 67’]

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • Mane [GOAL 42’]

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • Firmino [off 86’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Salah

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Keita [on 67’]

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Milner [on 86’]

• Origi [on 86’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
Never in doubt.

Who was genuinely surprised that the ref gave us nothing all day? As soon as you see certain names- Taylor, Atkinson, Moss- you know that we are playing twelve men. Thank fuck our friends at Stockley Park overruled that shocking handball decision before Mané’s opening goal.

What all the whinging twats on Blue Moon and elsewhere fail to remember is that the purpose of VAR is to ensure that the correct decision is made. This means that corrupt, cheating cunts like Taylor cannot blatantly rob us any more. If we had had VAR last season, we would have won the league- Mané’s “offside” disallowed goal at Arsenal, Keïta’s non-penalty against Leicester and City’s ridiculously soft penalty against West Ham would all (probably) have been reversed.

So, for all the LiVARpool jibes from the rest of the league this season, they should count themselves lucky that the system wasn’t in place a year earlier.

Credit to Lallana today- really put in the proverbial shift and made a few crucial interventions. Gomez also had a good game, as did Gino, while Alisson was excellent when needed, one mishit clearance notwithstanding.

Very concerned by our profligate finishing in the first half in particular; Salah was guilty of missing some very good chances. Bobby looked way off the pace, too, and we should have put the game to bed on several occasions. We were clinging on at the end, when we should have been well out of sight.

Still, three points is three points. Onwards and upwards.

WOTM: my missus, for making some bloody lovely chocolate ice cream with Cointreau. Yum.

P.S. Congratulations to Jordan Henderson. Our captain made his 308th Premier League appearance of the decade today, which means he has played more top-flight appearances in the last ten years than any other player.

waldaz

TIA Youth Team
LiiiiVARpooool LiiiiVARpoool :LOL:

Without it we would have been down 0-1 wrongly, no surprise rival fans hate it.

That was really really tense, Wolves were up for it despite their rotation and we were tired in the end, but oh well, another 3 points on the board. Next!

NaturalNine

TIA New Signing
Looks like we really squeaked one out here. Seems to me our team is just so smart, we can grind out wins without having to outclass the competition every game (like we did last game against Leicester).

Wolves were definitely no pushovers, and they look like they can give anyone in the league a game.

Would have given MOM to Virgil, but for that error where he got dispossessed deep in our half. As it is, it appears Gomez has regained his pre-injury form and is close to back to his best. And what a time to get the real Gomez back!

Mane was always ready to give the fullbacks a hand tracking back. He’s probably my MOM for today if I were forced to pick.

Finally half of the season gone, hopefully we can keep this momentum going and have a similar second half.

Only 19 more heart-stopping finals to go – YNWA!

Werder4life

Absolutely stable and reassuring performance. Basicly a surgeon's job. A bit of trolling the league mixed in to keep it interesting for the neutrals.
And to heap dispair on BlueMoonies who increasingly fear for their points record. Rightly so.

Never in doubt. Pour a Malt. Watch Sheffield next.

Motm Gomez , because he really deserves one on aggregate by now.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
the meltdown is on.

JULES
how about;
we know who you are
we know who you are
your premier league title
came from VAR
Lupo
I AM FUCKING SICK TO THE BACK TEETH OF THIS BASTARD VAR. IT HAS BEEN SCREWING US OVER FROM THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON. BAN ME IF I'VE BROKEN SWEAR RULES

TheThirdDeano
Dax777 said:
They are 14 points ahead. Nothing tainted about their run. Have they been lucky? Sure. Are they good? Undeniably so.

Tracking back
Joined:2 Mar 2019Messages:482Team supported:Manchester City
Mancityus said:
Whatever it takes is the new motto for PL.
That's not enough for them unfortunately.

The premier league are going to make sure Klopp and his band of merry men beat our 100 point tally and finish the league unbeaten.

It's their way of apologising that Liverpool missed out last season.
axlgod
This is the reason why I fucking hate Liverpool.

Questionable decisions go their way, all the fucking time & it boils my fucking piss.

Take Manes’ goal for example, if that was us, it’d probably disallowed.

Wolves score against them & it gets disallowed, but var have to bring it back about 300 fucking years to see any infringement. I was expecting Marty Mcfly to pop out of a fucking flying Delorean.

Let's stop with the salty talk. We'll be back next season for the league. Let's retool and go get the CL.
Bullshit,
Most undeserved lead in the history of the sport.
Bitter? Maybe, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

Nur der BvB09

What can you say when after half a season being played and we’re 17 Points to the goods? Are you fucking kidding me. They can handle us the League in February.
The game was for both teams tauch because so many games in between are played and will be. But we keep WINNING! What can you ask more from this Team?!
So proud of all of them.
Hendo and Gomes motm for me