Post Match: Liverpool vs. Shrewsbury (4/2/2020)

Man of the March

• Kelleher

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Williams

Votes: 66 67.3%
  • Hoever

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • van den Berg

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Lewis

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Clarkson (off 90+2)

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Chirivella

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Cain

• Elliott (off 90+4)

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Millar (off 82)

• Jones

Votes: 53 54.1%
  • Boyes (on 90+2)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dixon-Bonner (on 90+4)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hardy (on 82)

• Total voters

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Jumping onto the band wagon. Since it obvioulsy can't be my own fault that I missed out on the game (lol), @Alright Now sounds like as good a scapegoat as any.
Man you are asking for it, you just praised @Alright Now !!!!
Do you know what you have done!!!!
Now the entire forum will need to go incognito!!
This is on you!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member

State of this twat. The hand-wringing over this is unbelievable, there always has to be something to whinge about for some people.
What was an absolute moron.
They forced us to play 2 games in 23 hours.
We get drawn with chelsea.
City keep getting tinpot teams till the final..how the fuck is that fair.
Frankly, dont give a shit about FA cup this season.
League > UCL > FA Cup.

And why was there a break in feb?
so that teams relax, and the you go and put the FA cup replay bang in between!?
It's the organizers that are to be blamed. You should fucking have a calendar that is not controversial

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Danny Murphy's being a muppet on Sky Sports - The Debate. (Or perhaps the show pitted one against the other, so Murphy needed to be standing on the opposite view?) He kept on saying that Klopp should come right out and say he need the break as much as the player. We thought that it goes without saying, on top of making a point to FA.

The Infamous

Second leg would love to see

Adrian
Williams Matip Lovren Lewis/Larouci
chiravella
Takumi/keita jones

Elliott Origi Shaqiri

subs
kelleher
Hoever
Lewis/larouci
Henderson
Takumi/keita
Salah
hardy/millar

Incognito

The Normal One
The nonsense about disrespecting blah blah.. We didn’t disrespect the cup. You disrespected Neil Critchley and our youth players by underestimating them.

This has become politics than banter now. You just need to find flaws when there isn't any. Especially self entitled fans like the ones of City. What the fck do you care whoever we want to play? I'll gladly take other teams playing youth in all competition if that helps our cause in winning more. Absolute morons.

LFCFFC

Immensely proud of the lads! I can only go off highlights and final stats at this stage, but it looks like it was a well deserved win which really should've been a bit of a flogging. Tbh, given most of the team fielded could've got into the ground on concession prices, I thought we might fall short so this is a massive achievement for them all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but generally "disrespecting the cup" involves losing, no? Thoroughly enjoying seeing Critchley and Liverpool's kid's giving a collective fuck you to the FA and the whingeing footballing public/punditry. This season just keeps getting better and better.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Didn’t get to watch it
Didn’t get to hear it
But apparently I DID secure a rather large Moroccan rug which I will no doubt take delivery of on either St PAtricks day or the day we win the league

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
At the age of 19 years & 5 days Toxteth-born Curtis Jones becomes Liverpool's youngest ever captain. A record which has existed for almost 120 years, since Alex Raisbeck captained #LFC in a 3-0 win over Blackburn Rovers at Anfield in 1900 at the age of 20 years & 250 days.

Source: Twitter

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
Tremendous win by the youngsters! Williams was outstanding, unlucky not to score - plus he got an 'assist'!
Jones was excellent as was Van De Berg and Hoever.

Each player did themselves proud, and to play in front of such a crowd! Credit to Neil Critchley and his team. Nice to see Milly there supporting the lads - what a guy.

Kelleher didn't have much to do but when called upon did well. I remember him catching a cross late on taking pressure off the team.. He made a good save before Whalley 'scored'!!!

All in all a great night for the lads!!!

In Klopp we trust!!!

Perth Red

Deep in the wilds of outback Queensland
From that last view I reckon that if the defender misses that then whoever the attacker behind him (Elliot?) is in with an opportunity so it's a sort of "forced" own goal, if you like.
Seen a few highlights is all but fantastic result and well played to the kids!

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
The FA disrespected the mini break. Liverpool didnt.
Liverpool are in the fifth round, which is already factored into the fixture schedule. There is no onus on Klopp to select any team other than he chooses. If he wants to play the kids so be it, if he wants to play the first eleven thats his choice.
Pundits opinions or negative reporting are immaterial at this point. There are few reasonscto have a go at our manager, so they manufacture a situation where he should be receiving immense credit for his stance into a negative.
Fuck them.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Fuck, I set the alarm as 1PM instead of 1AM!
Fucking missed the game.
I blame that old man @Alright Now for this.

:LOL: you plonker! I thought I was bad! You would have been proud of our kids. They were brilliant with the passing and all. The full house Anfield crowd were magnificent cheering them and giving them them all the applause at the end.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I'd play a mix of youth and fringe players v Chelsea..

RodM

I just had a wee browse through Twitter. In amongst all the hate speech and celebrity bating I found quite a few clips of rival fans complaining that we have won by cynically obeying the rules of the game. Every clip appears to be accompanied by a hissing noise. I do believe it is the sound of piss boiling!

I'm going to enjoy this whilst I can. Nothing lasts for ever.

Gazmaninaus

Well. The mentality minors put in a shift any team would be proud of. Some of our more experienced players should take a good look at themselves after this. Considering some of those lads might not even be with us next season. Well done.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Watching that I feel like the narratives were already written before kick-off last night, and the fact that we won is an inconvenience.
Exactly, none of the arguments make any sense in light of the result. All stage-managed and in anticipation that we would lose.

If we end up winning this competition we have so seriously 'disrespected' some people are going to spontaneously combust.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I thought the match was tomorrow. I just, just now, realised that we had won the game. Fuck me.............................

This makes me so sad, this is the second game I have missed throughour the season, but today I had all the time in the world to watch :cry:

Ps. Does anyone know a site where I can watch a full replay ?

Sigh and double sigh.
Viasat showed the game 23:00 last night, so if you have access to that you can watch it there.