Post Match: Man City v Liverpool (EPL 2/7/20 8.15pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 76’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez [off 45’]

• Van Dijk

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Robertson

• Fabinho

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Henderson

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Wijnaldum [off 62’]

• Salah

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Firmino [off 62’]

• Mane [off 85’]

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 45’]

• Origi [on 62’]

• Keita [on 62’]

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Williams [on 76’]

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Minamino [on 85’]

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Armada

TIA Regular
After everything Klopp said before the match, seeing his team perform like that must have been infuriating. They made him look like a tit.

We were abysmal defensively and impotent offensively. Mane kicking the ball to his knee and failing to touch ball altogether 5 yards out all alone on two separate occasions summed it up.

It's understandable up to a point though. It's impossible to keep going on and on, particularly when there isn't much of an incentive to do so. Hopefully, it will prove a blessing in disguise.

macca1970

We began more than brightly, but just couldn’t get that opening goal. When the penalty went in, we got into “Rambo” mode.

The players were acting like they could nick the ball just by themselves (patented by Degsy). So they homed in on the shitty player with the ball, who either slipped past them or passed into the spaces left behind.

We started to play as if it were a cup game with 5 minutes left, rather than a league game with 75% of the match still to go. Now we are a very risk-taking team, with plenty of forward runners. But we usually combine this with some discipline.

So, although the effort was there on the pitch (I won’t fault the effort shown at all), the effort was being wasted as it wasn’t conducive to the team (rather it was “let me jump in like Inspector Gadget”).

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Just to keep some perspective after last night, we had spent a week on the piss where as citeh had spent their week planning on how to beat us, but we did the same thing to Arsenal in '98 after they won the league. Gave them a guard of honour at Anfield then roundly battered them 4-0 so this shit happening is nothing new.

Lets just hope that Klopp and the team wake up this morning in a right fucking smarting mood and decide to take that anger and frustration out on the next 6 teams we play

WooltonRed

TIA Youth Team
There’s a few members of the squad who don’t drink alcohol for various reasons, religion being one. So, what is their excuse for last night?

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
There’s a few members of the squad who don’t drink alcohol for various reasons, religion being one. So, what is their excuse for last night?
playing intense football for 2 years and winning the 1 trophy that that’s eluded the club for 30 years.
It’s a bit like winning the lottery then getting up at 6am to do your job of carrying bricks up a ladder for 12 hours.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I know Kieta, Mane and Salah don't drink, and they looked the only players that knew it was match day.

Hendo is teetotal, but he was invisible so expect a reaction from him next game. Don't know about the rest of the squad as to who does and doesn't drink.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
If you look back at results after previous titles had been clinched I'm pretty sure you would find some very mixed results... it's human nature to mentally and physically relax after the objective has already been achieved. If I was being picky, I would have preferred the “party” to have been held at the end of the season but hey ho.... their party venue, Formby Hall Golf Club, is not far from me and I have heard, via a member of staff, that it was quite a night.

Also why would they want to risk injury in a meaningless game that will soon be forgotten. If they lose every other game this season, the history books will still say we were the champions.

Last edited:

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Keita. Looked sharp when he came on. If he is now fit then I’d like to see him start every game. He needs to prove it’s worth him being here. Everyone wants him to succeed so let’s give him the final games and see what he can do. Same for minamino - we need to see if these lads have what it takes to play for us. 5 mins here and there isn’t going to help minamino at all. I’d like to see bobby finish the rest of the season on the bench.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I was wound up looking forward to last night, believing we would paste them.
Few observations

The guard of honour was as meanigless as a whores kiss, no honesty or integrity.

Robbo cannot play when half arsed/drunk/bothered

The result doesn't change our positions

The whole match became surreal as time passed. Salah scores and it was a much different outcome, those are the margins

Sterling is a petty little cunt with zero class

Klopp should remind our players that there are six matches left and a job to be done in them all. Losing is a bad habit thats hard to shake.

SBYM

What the fuck do you want?
Ad-free Member
I've made this point elsewhere on here (I think)...the margins at the very top of elite support are razor thin, and City are no mugs, despite what we think of them. If you're off even 5% you are fucked.

Whaddaya reckon a few days on the piss and the end to three decades of blue balls did to the boys??

Flobs

FADA
We began more than brightly, but just couldn’t get that opening goal. When the penalty went in, we got into “Rambo” mode.

The players were acting like they could nick the ball just by themselves (patented by Degsy). So they homed in on the shitty player with the ball, who either slipped past them or passed into the spaces left behind.

We started to play as if it were a cup game with 5 minutes left, rather than a league game with 75% of the match still to go. Now we are a very risk-taking team, with plenty of forward runners. But we usually combine this with some discipline.

So, although the effort was there on the pitch (I won’t fault the effort shown at all), the effort was being wasted as it wasn’t conducive to the team (rather it was “let me jump in like Inspector Gadget”).
Yep for 20 mins our game was good but we lost our structure so I presume it was a concentration thing. They looked more dangerous than us.
Our set up looked strange TAA was holding back presumably because of Sterling yet Robertson was bombing forward (which lead to the Foden goal (that was wonderful stuff sron De Bruyn and foden something our strikers could emulate last night).
We came close on ocassion but close isn't good enough against City.

richieh10

Right. The morning after.

a little perspective.

we played shit.... but we could quite easily have score 4 / 5 ourselves.

Salah hitting the post
Mane header
Mane after Salah hit the post
Mane after the Hendo thro ball

There was also 2 times in the first half where Bobby killed us.

the one with a ball to the left for Mane which was played to him instead of infront of him which would have put him 1 on 1 with Ederson and he also completely shit out of a 50/50, it was more like 55/45 in his favour about 25 yards from the Man City goal when we had serious numbers to cause damage. Defender wanted it more.

not over reacting or overly bothered about it but as far as first game as Champions go I wouldn’t mind better a 4-0 thrashing must also be some kind of record.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Ah well, we were crap. So what we are champions. :)
Must admit I felt a few performances only confirmed what I have thought for a long time. We have some players who can/will only show up occasionally and now enough who put it all in week after week like Hendo. Maybe some of them need a new challenge to inspire them. Origi is obviously one such player and I feel Gini goes missing to often. Taka has not yet to looked up to the required standard and for me, despite all his supposedly hidden talents, Bobby could be replaced by a more prolific goalscorer. Sometimes his efforts are not appreciated but sometimes his efforts are just not good enough.
I thought Gary Neville News page on the Sky site was very honest a couple of days ago when he said he never thought Klopp could take LFC to an EPL championship because we could not compete with the money MU, MC and Chelski have to spend. What has been achieved on a budget has been incredible but I feel we need to spend now to strengthen the squad if we can. If we cannot then then we must make the most of what we have and hope another miracle can be performed.

Dark Metal

TIA New Signing
We won the fucking league.

Im still chuckling at that every time I see Klopp, it was a crap performance but I don’t really care, it means nothing and No Mr. pundit, City don’t have a point to prove, they didn’t send a message or anything and it has no bearing on next season either.

CHAMPIONES, CHAMPIONES

iftikhar

What happened there??? We had some very good chances, so we weren't exactly poor.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
20 points clear with 6 games to go. Champions of England.

Little too late for Pep and his blues.

This may well be the tonic needed for Jurgen. The equivalent of the mauling of Lovren @ Wembley a few years ago. I fully expect a rampant reds for the remainder of the games, and another long run unbeaten.

Flobs

FADA
Ah well, we were crap. So what we are champions. :)
Must admit I felt a few performances only confirmed what I have thought for a long time. We have some players who can/will only show up occasionally and now enough who put it all in week after week like Hendo. Maybe some of them need a new challenge to inspire them. Origi is obviously one such player and I feel Gini goes missing to often. Taka has not yet to looked up to the required standard and for me, despite all his supposedly hidden talents, Bobby could be replaced by a more prolific goalscorer. Sometimes his efforts are not appreciated but sometimes his efforts are just not good enough.
I thought Gary Neville News page on the Sky site was very honest a couple of days ago when he said he never thought Klopp could take LFC to an EPL championship because we could not compete with the money MU, MC and Chelski have to spend. What has been achieved on a budget has been incredible but I feel we need to spend now to strengthen the squad if we can. If we cannot then then we must make the most of what we have and hope another miracle can be performed.
Bobby just needs to do what Bobby does best which is those deft control a little juggle and lay it off to one of our dangerous players. That is be a 10. It's when he tries to run that all goes askew. He also needs to be consistently agressive. When his gets it right we are unstoppable.