• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Man City v Liverpool (EPL 3/1/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 18 11.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Lovren

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Robertson

Votes: 47 30.5%
  • Milner [off 56’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henderson

• Wijnaldum [off 85’]

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Mane [off 76’]

• Firmino [GOAL 64’]

Votes: 14 9.1%
  • Salah

• Fabinho [on 56’]

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Shaqiri [on 76’]

• Sturridge [on 85’]

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Lovren, Robertson; Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner; Salah, Firmino, Mane.

sms1986

City deserved it to be fair, it's a shame to lose our unbeaten streak but we did the same to City last season and they still went on to win the title.

We're still four points ahead and we've been playing some fantastic football, if anything we need to learn from tonight and make sure not to see it as a failure or a fall, but simply as a stumble. Four points clear still and we'll move on.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Tentative wank from us. Overawed by the occasion. The good news is we can do 1500% better. We must respond next PL game or you can expect the yips to set in. VVD the best we had out there. I'm still confident. Forget this and go again.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
We go again. We are still 4 points ahead. Its important we show that we know how to win, and we know how to win again after losing. We will go on another run and frustrate them to be so near but yet so far.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Nothing to dwell on here. Keep it in context folks. We lost to an excellent team who isolated our weakest link and exposed it consistently.

Klopp set up the midfield to break up play, but in a way it did the same to our own transition game. We couldn’t keep possession under their press.

So at the end of the day we have our first digit in the L column, a four point lead at the top AND the toughest fixture of the season behind us

We go again

Redsi73

So......just win the next 17 games then...........easy peasy.

MOTM.......i dunno really, its hard to pick someone whos been the best after we lose, so ill hold my vote today.

The positive from today? we won't have to face anyone anywhere near Citys level for the rest of the season

Sweeting

We played pretty well but two brain farts by Lovren - forgetting to look over his shoulder for Aguero and playing Sterling/Sane onside - were both ruthlessly punished.

We had three shots cleared off the goalline and hit the post.

Move on, champions go on a run of wins from here.

Noo Noo

No complaints from me really City were better.

We had players that weren't quite up where they needed to be today and it showed. To win we would have needed to be at our best from 1 to 11. We weren't.

Credit to City

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
I think we played to draw, far too conservative and ultimately you don’t deserve anything by that mentality. Seemed to seep into the players and we were just not at the races in the biggest game of the season.

A night to forget for a few, Lovren right up there. Once he makes a mistake he should be hooked as his head went on about 10 minutes.

Mane needs to rediscover his form also, carrying him at the moment.

Hopefully the last we see of Henderson, Milner and Gini as a midfield three again away from home. Nothing offered once again. Milner clearly not fit and showing his 33 years.

Still 4 points clear and a run of winnable games. Onwards.

Obanite

Full time coo
Well done City, but nothing to lose sleep over. Terrific game that could have gone our way on another day. Little solace in that of course - three shots cleared off the line makes it a bitter pill to swallow. And I'm sorry, but Dejan Lovren just isn't good enough for Liverpool Football Club. End of.

Other than that, never mind. Only three fixtures against top six sides remaining this year. We can win this title and I think we still will.

Barry O'Connor

They deserved the win. Better team tonite. Better defensively better attack and far superior midfield. Still 4 points clear and need to bounce straight back. But that midfield 3 should never start for us again as a trio and the quicker Gomez is back the better.