• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Man Utd v Liverpool (20/10/19 4.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • Henderson [off 71’]

• Wijnaldum [off 82’]

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Origi [off 60’]

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Firmino

• Mane

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 60’]

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • Lallana [on 71’, GOAL 85’]

Votes: 66 52.4%
  • Keita [on 82’]

Votes: 15 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cynicaloldgit

Offside by an armpit
Ad-free Member
Let me begin by saying that we were shit.

However, the officials were even worse. Every single 50-50 went their way. When even Gary Neville says United’s goal should have been disallowed, you know that the ref’s bent as fuck.

Poor tactics from Klopp- United are shite and there for the taking, yet we paid them far too much respect and allowed them to dictate the game. When you’re the better side, you should impose your style of play on your opponents, not vice versa.

Thank goodness for Lallana’s late equaliser- although we didn’t do enough to win the game, United were wank and didn’t deserve the three points either.

Given fair officiating, even a well below par Liverpool would have won this game.

MOTM: the guy at Weird Beard brewery who came up with the idea of Sadaho, a 9.5% ABV bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout. Certainly made the match more enjoyable.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Thank god we rescued a draw, cant believe I have to type that.

Fuck Tyler, Fuck VAR, Fuck Atkinson... Worst officiating, but that is standard.. Those cunts aside we were utterly woeful.

Klopp and the team have a fucking huge mental block about going here, we shit the bed every time. We stop pressing, we stop competing, we start panic hoofing - Embarrassing performance which we were lucky to get anything from.

They are shit, like really shit and we gave them so much respect. Thank god we got out of dodge and that is over.

1. Martin Atkinson was a wanker throughout the game. Missed the foul on Origi, didn't give simple fouls on our players but then called everything a foul for their players

He also booked Fabinho but then didn't produce yellow for Young or Rojo's tackles

2. Not a great performance. Not many great chances in this one bar Firmino (straight at de Gea and Lallana's goal)

3. Wijnaldum was good, Fabinho too. Origi was solid and unlucky to be taken off. Keita added some quickness when he came on, as did OAC

4. We need another option in attack from the bench, despite Lallana's goal

5. Fuck Martin Atkinson

Flobs

FADA
Let me begin by saying that we were shit.

However, the officials were even worse. Every single 50-50 went their way. When even Gary Neville says United’s goal should have been disallowed, you know that the ref’s bent as fuck.

Poor tactics from Klopp- United are shite and there for the taking, yet we paid them far too much respect and allowed them to dictate the game. When you’re the better side, you should impose your style of play on your opponents, not vice versa.

Thank goodness for Lallana’s late equaliser- although we didn’t do enough to win the game, United were wank and didn’t deserve the three points either.

Given fair officiating, even a well below par Liverpool would have won this game.

MOTM: the guy at Weird Beard brewery who came up with the idea of Sadaho, a 9.5% ABV bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout. Certainly made the match more enjoyable.
Same old with Klopp when we visit the Ole Toilet. :cry:

Joe Gomez x

Poor. Will take it as we didn’t deserve a win. Liked Ox’s directness but that’s the only positives bar Lallanas goal. Let United off the hook today.

Danny_

Fuck it. I'll take it. We managed to get a result despite the shit biased ref and everything going against us. No Salah is a big loss for us but the huge positive from this is that Ox looks for the first time way more like the Ox pre-injury. I feel like we do need to go out and buy a top class striker in January if we can. We know that Man City will be doing it with a CB and we still have to stay ahead of this monster.

Incognito

The Normal One
We at our absolute worst, United at their best and + VAR.. All we needed was 10 mins of our usual play to get a point. If we would have just played with a bit more urgency throughout!

Glad this is out of the way. And for fcks sake never have a United game after an international break.. Absolute torture after the expectations.

Adam's goal is going to be the difference in the title.. I am tellin ya :devilish:

lfc.8

Not good enough. Lacked creativity and attacking threat throughout. Need to do a lot better. Having said that the refereeing was awful and cost us two points.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Shout to Lallana. I never would've expected him to pot that levelling goal. Young obviously was of the same mind bc he completely ignored him on that sequence. And Adam found himself with a tap in.

Will take the point all day tho I still believe we gave United far too much respect today.