• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: Man Utd v Liverpool (20/10/19 4.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matip

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • Henderson [off 71’]

• Wijnaldum [off 82’]

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Origi [off 60’]

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Firmino

• Mane

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [on 60’]

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • Lallana [on 71’, GOAL 85’]

Votes: 66 52.4%
  • Keita [on 82’]

Votes: 15 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LFCFFC

At the risk of making myself unpopular, I think the focus in this thread on the ref and the VAR is a massive distraction from facing up to the fact that that was a really bad performance. As with so many visits to Old Trafford we just didn’t turn up yet again. The team looked flat and intimidated, quite a few players were lacking confidence and our main tactic for long periods seemed to be hoofing crosses in from the wings for a non existent target man. Worrying about the ref glosses over what was a poor game from us for 80 minutes. Hopefully we pick it up against the spuds.
Having had a bit of time to re-watch and process, I think it's a little from column A and a little from column B (and a bit more from column C)

Atkinson's referring was diabolical, there's no two ways about it. There seems to be a consensus floating around that dickhead was just “letting things go” since it’s a NW derby. In theory that’s ok, but regardless of how lenient you’re attempting to be, it’s a blatant foul on Origi. The other issue is the fact that he also seemed hell bent on only applying his leniency to one team, as evidenced by the ridiculously lopsided foul count. He was in their pocket the whole game and it didn’t help matters in the slightest. Fuck him.

In saying that, the gap in quality between the sides is so large that it should not be bridged by a completely useless referee. We were really, really poor for a majority of the game. As you say, it was a characteristically frozen OT performance by a squad that I thought by now would have the experience and the confidence to impose themselves, particularly on a weak and out form opposition. Sure, it’s probably one of the more intimidating grounds to play at as a Liverpool player, but it was depressingly familiar outcome, even with Lallana’s late equalizer. Obviously it’s not a problem confined just to JK’s time as manager, but I’d really like to see us get over this mental block away at United before he moves on. Particularly while they’re so rubbish.

Column C is the fact that despite still being generally shithouse, United and Gollum did a great job of nullifying our two main attacking threats/creative outlets, the fullbacks and Firmino. There’s no doubt, like our friendly neighbours across the road, they raise their game for the derbies so begrudging credit has to be given. When we finally responded and started playing a bit more creatively through the midfield, we looked instantly the better side and could've easily taken all 3 points. Unfortunately, it was left way too late. Hopefully we can see continued improvement from AOC and Keita, as I felt they were big contributors to the shift in momentum we saw in the last 20-30.

For me the prevailing thought is, “thank fuck that one’s out of the way and we at least got a point”. No doubt they’ll roll over for City at OT later in the season but at least the L column is still unblemished. Expecting a big response against Genk and Spurs.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Shows why and how we're now the best team.
F*cking Manchester United are ecstatic to have a chance to cost us points, not for any noble reason (like winning the league) but for Liverpool to lose the league to Manchester City.
Imagine describing this scenario in the 90s or 00s.
You'd be admitted.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
And that is the one Atkinson refused to stop play for, despite him clearly taking 2 big wacks to the head and looking groggy as hell. It was a bizarre reffing performance.
Not really. Atkinson was identified over 10 years ago, by Rafa as a key factor in "assisting" the Mancs in their quest against the Respect campaign. Here's a partial quote from Rafa's famous rant (Source: Guardian):

"I want to be clear. I don't want to play mind games too early but I think they want to start," Benítez said. "We started the Respect campaign and it started with the sending off of Mascherano at Old Trafford by Mr Bennett. That was the referee when they played against Wigan and he couldn't see the handball by Ferdinand and didn't give a penalty and they won the game and the title. I think it is the same referee who will be in charge of their game in hand against Wigan.

"During the Respect campaign Ferguson was charged by the FA with improper conduct following remarks made against Martin Atkinson and Keith Hackett. He was not punished. He is the only manager in the English league who cannot be punished for these things."

The Liverpool manager, referring to an independent commission's decision to clear Ferguson for comments that followed the FA Cup quarter-final defeat to Portsmouth last season, a verdict later criticised by the FA, added: "We had a meeting in Manchester with managers and FA about the Respect campaign.

"And I was very clear, forget the campaign because Mr Ferguson was killing the referees, killing Mr Atkinson, killing Mr Hackett. How can you talk about the Respect campaign and criticise the referee every single week?"

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
At the risk of making myself unpopular, I think the focus in this thread on the ref and the VAR is a massive distraction from facing up to the fact that that was a really bad performance. As with so many visits to Old Trafford we just didn’t turn up yet again. The team looked flat and intimidated, quite a few players were lacking confidence and our main tactic for long periods seemed to be hoofing crosses in from the wings for a non existent target man. Worrying about the ref glosses over what was a poor game from us for 80 minutes. Hopefully we pick it up against the spuds.
I don’t think it does. You won’t find anyone suggesting we weren’t disappointing.

But you also have to acknowledge that the two go hand in hand. Martin Atkinson made sure that we could not play our game.

A huge part of our game is high, aggressive pressing, and winning back the ball in dangerous situations. Every time we tackled a lad, he gave them a free kick - so our key tactic was essentially taken out of the game.

When Klopp has been asked why he doesnt use a playmaker he has said that the press is the playmaker. Imagine Man City going into a game and the referee deciding that David Silva isn’t allow to pass the ball. You might think they were poor as well

Flobs

FADA
If everyone is fully match fit does Henderson get into the starting 11 do you think? I'm starting to think this team has surpassed Henderson and he plays because he is captian. He looks a little out of place even. Everyone else is comfortable on the ball in a tight space. Even our centre backs and goalie look more composed than Henderson in a tight space
Yes he is our best midfielder all round and has the ability to motivate the other players.
He was poor against Manure but that is just one match his overall contribution is of immense value to us.

Flobs

FADA
If everyone is 100% fit he shouldn't start. Good to shore up after 75 mins but his performance yesterday is indicative of his weaknesses. He cant pass and is a bit headless in those tight situations. Keita, in an all too brief cameo offered more
Keita has offered us very little overall since he came here to take a 10 minute cameo in one match against all Henderson has offered us despite his poor performance against Manure is completely off the charts of silly scale.

Flobs

FADA
For me its far more to do with Klopp's tactics. He cannot seem to get over a conservative mindset at OT. I get the sense that even with United down two men, he'll still persist with a conservative approach, unless his hand is absolutely forced, as was the case later in the game...

Yesterday, Firmino was far more in the #10 role than high upfield...
Yes Klopp is poor when we go to OT the proof is we are always worst in the 2nd half that's poor motivational response.

Mascot88

Admin
Keita has offered us very little overall since he came here to take a 10 minute cameo in one match against all Henderson has offered us despite his poor performance against Manure is completely off the charts of silly scale.
Hardly.

It was a blow when he was injured towards the end of last season (away at Barca), as he had come into the team and begun to show excellent form. I’m sure that he starts the CL final if he isn’t on crutches.

The point remains that Keita is the third biggest signing in our history, and a player that Klopp and Edwards chased for two years, even taking the unusual step of securing his signing a year ahead of him arriving.

This is a player the club rates massively and will want to get him performing - keeping him fit is obviously part of this. Apparently he is also doing much better with the language too.

This isn’t a Henderson v Keita thing, and while Jordan was rubbish on Sunday, reverting back to his ‘scream for the ball like he spotted something but just pop it back to Van Dijk’ mode, he has made and will continue to make a fine contribution to the team.

But we need six good midfield options, not three, and some more naturally creative/attacking than the current go to midfield. My calls for getting Naby and Ox more playing time are not about getting Hendo and Gini out of the team. We just need more options, especially as Fabinho, Gini and Henderson are visibly knackered.

While some people want to see us go and sign a number ten, I say we’ve got £100m tied up in two lads who can’t get a game at the minute, and I’d rather we try and get them back involved before we think about buying more players.

Flobs

FADA
Hardly.

It was a blow when he was injured towards the end of last season (away at Barca), as he had come into the team and begun to show excellent form. I’m sure that he starts the CL final if he isn’t on crutches.

The point remains that Keita is the third biggest signing in our history, and a player that Klopp and Edwards chased for two years, even taking the unusual step of securing his signing a year ahead of him arriving.

This is a player the club rates massively and will want to get him performing - keeping him fit is obviously part of this. Apparently he is also doing much better with the language too.

This isn’t a Henderson v Keita thing, and while Jordan was rubbish on Sunday, reverting back to his ‘scream for the ball like he spotted something but just pop it back to Van Dijk’ mode, he has made and will continue to make a fine contribution to the team.

But we need six good midfield options, not three, and some more naturally creative/attacking than the current go to midfield. My calls for getting Naby and Ox more playing time are not about getting Hendo and Gini out of the team. We just need more options.

While some people want to see us go and sign a number ten, I say we’ve got £100m tied up in two lads who can’t get a game at the minute, and I’d rather we try and get them back involved before we think about buying more players.
Keita has never looked good for us and the money hasn't got much to do with it.
You say it's not a Henderson Vs Keita thing and I agree but what I was resplying was such nonsense so I think my comment is justified.
Fit and in form my midfield is Fabinho, Henderson AOC from what I have seen. Keita could come into play if he shows he is a lot better than he has so far and even then more an AOC replacement than Henderson.
As it stands Gini remains for me a better optionthan Keita.
It's useless extrapolating from big money Klopp wishes stuff to should be there when he just isn't there yet.

Flobs

FADA
We were much better in the second half on Sunday, and Klopp’s substitutions eventually got us back in the game.
I agree about the substitutions but not about the second half where we had the possession but didn't do anything with it till late on on probably because of the subs.

Mascot88

Admin
Keita has never looked good for us and the money hasn't got much to do with it.
You say it's not a Henderson Vs Keita thing and I agree but what I was resplying was such nonsense so I think my comment is justified.
Fit and in form my midfield is Fabinho, Henderson AOC from what I have seen. Keita could come into play if he shows he is a lot better than he has so far and even then more an AOC replacement than Henderson.
As it stands Gini remains for me a better optionthan Keita.
It's useless extrapolating from big money Klopp wishes stuff to should be there when he just isn't there yet.
I disagree that he hasn’t looked good for us. He looked really good towards the end of the season, when he was beginning to demonstrate his value.

I like Ox but he isn’t ready to play week in week out yet. ‘Fit and in form’ has no meaning when a player has just come back from a year out with a horrendous injury. If he’d been playing in the eighties, he’d be running a pub now, lamenting what might have been. I’m not sure we will see him at the form he showed in 17/18 this year. It’s too much to expect.

You could say the same for Keita. His first season was plagued with injury. Not a massive one like Ox, but a succession of niggles and knocks every time he was starting to find form. My worry with him is that the injuries keep happenning and it takes him a while to get back into it.

If Liverpool were playing a cup final tomorrow the obvious midfield is Fab, Hendo and Gini. They’ve done the business for us, and are rightly first choice.

But the caveats to this are that we can’t keep expecting these three lads to play every game, and we’ve got to get away from the idea that everything is so important and the margins so fine we can never risk a game not playing them.

And if we do lose attacking power in the top three, as we have with Salah, then maybe we have to sacrifice that midfield solidity to get a bit more attacking flair into it? When you have Salah, Bobby and Mane doing their thing, you can use a more solid, workmanlike midfield.

Ultimately it’s a squad game and there will come a time this season, through injury or game overload where we need to turn to Keita, Ox, Shaqiri, Brewster etc. It’s obviously better to have them coming in with a few games under their belt, than completely cold.

I agree about the substitutions but not about the second half where we had the possession but didn't do anything with it till late on on probably because of the subs.
It also should be noted that Utd really tired. They threw everything at the first half and had nothing left after 60mins.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I disagree that he hasn’t looked good for us. He looked really good towards the end of the season, when he was beginning to demonstrate his value.

I like Ox but he isn’t ready to play week in week out yet. ‘Fit and in form’ has no meaning when a player has just come back from a year out with a horrendous injury. If he’d been playing in the eighties, he’d be running a pub now, lamenting what might have been. I’m not sure we will see him at the form he showed in 17/18 this year. It’s too much to expect.

You could say the same for Keita. His first season was plagued with injury. Not a massive one like Ox, but a succession of niggles and knocks every time he was starting to find form. My worry with him is that the injuries keep happenning and it takes him a while to get back into it.

If Liverpool were playing a cup final tomorrow the obvious midfield is Fab, Hendo and Gini. They’ve done the business for us, and are rightly first choice.

But the caveats to this are that we can’t keep expecting these three lads to play every game, and we’ve got to get away from the idea that everything is so important and the margins so fine we can never risk a game not playing them.

And if we do lose attacking power in the top three, as we have with Salah, then maybe we have to sacrifice that midfield solidity to get a bit more attacking flair into it? When you have Salah, Bobby and Mane doing their thing, you can use a more solid, workmanlike midfield.

Ultimately it’s a squad game and there will come a time this season, through injury or game overload where we need to turn to Keita, Ox, Shaqiri, Brewster etc. It’s obviously better to have them coming in with a few games under their belt, than completely cold.

It also should be noted that Utd really tired. They threw everything at the first half and had nothing left after 60mins.
Very hard to judge players who come on late when the other team are tired. They always look good particularly those with quick feet or technical skills. I was a massive fan of Ronnie Rosenthall but when he started he looked average.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Hardly.

But we need six good midfield options, not three, and some more naturally creative/attacking than the current go to midfield. My calls for getting Naby and Ox more playing time are not about getting Hendo and Gini out of the team. We just need more options, especially as Fabinho, Gini and Henderson are visibly knackered.

110%! I posted in the Henderson thread something similar. Klopp has basically been without Lallana/Oxlade/Keita for basically 12 months. Oxlade/Keita especially were the next evolution of his midfield.

Look at his first actions - Bobby/Mane/Salah - Boosh world class front 3.
Second actions - Virgil/Matip/Alisson/Robbo/Trent - World class defensive 5.
Third and final - Fabinho, Oxlade, Keita.. Erm injured..

So he is still relying on Henderson, Milner and Gini far far more than he would have been anticipating at this point. Come summer past I think Klopp would have beene expecting his first choice midfield to be - Gini/Henderson - Fabinho - Keita.

Like them or love them but the 3 above may not be world beaters and the end evolution in box to box midfielder for this team but what do they bring? Professionalism, Work-rate, Consistency.. They hardly ever lose the ball, they recycle/retain possession, they cover for our fullbacks, they let our attacking players have space and time to do what they do best. They are all 6/7 out of 10 performers, Klopp can rely on them, they are his steady eddies. They hardly miss training, so they know all our tactical shape, all our pressing triggers, how to cover, how to drop, how to move etc. What a Keita does is all of the above + the attacking intent, great but he needs to be fit to do so and learn the vast array of tactics he misses from being always injured.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Keita has offered us a lot more than you acknowledge. For a match like Sundays he is a better option than Hendo. Call it nonsense but it makes sense.

Flobs

FADA
Keita has offered us a lot more than you acknowledge. For a match like Sundays he is a better option than Hendo. Call it nonsense but it makes sense.
I don't think he has, I mean a 74% pass success rate isn't anything to write home about, at this level, though his cameo against Manure must have helped get that stat up a bit.
He was a better option than Hendo and/or Gini for the last 20 minutes but would have been a big risk in comparison to these 2 to start. He is still a sub for the last 15/20 minutes at the moment could be a starter for 60 mins soon but to start and finish a match I don't think so.
If it's nonsense it makes no sense then I haven't said that I have only said comparing what Hendo has given us to what Keita has given us is silly.
If Keita shows that he can play football at this level i would be happy he just hasn't!

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I don't think he has, I mean a 74% pass success rate isn't anything to write home about, at this level, though his cameo against Manure must have helped get that stat up a bit.
He was a better option than Hendo and/or Gini for the last 20 minutes but would have been a big risk in comparison to these 2 to start. He is still a sub for the last 15/20 minutes at the moment could be a starter for 60 mins soon but to start and finish a match I don't think so.
If it's nonsense it makes no sense then I haven't said that I have only said comparing what Hendo has given us to what Keita has given us is silly.
If Keita shows that he can play football at this level i would be happy he just hasn't!
There seems to be a divide on Hendo, and I dont subscribe to either camp. He isnt crap, he is a good footballer in given circumstances. Against Utd he was awful. He cant provide the telling pass, he was absent in the game. In that instance Keita is a much better option.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
There seems to be a divide on Hendo, and I dont subscribe to either camp. He isnt crap, he is a good footballer in given circumstances. Against Utd he was awful. He cant provide the telling pass, he was absent in the game. In that instance Keita is a much better option.
Isn't the problem our entire team was shit? I think thats why Henderson is such a devisive figure and gets such staunch defenders.. Yes he was poor, but so was the entire team.. Our front three were a bottomless black hole of ball loss, how can a player provide a telling pass when the players in front of them are static or lose the ball? Why were Trent/Robbo so ineffective? (Note - Gini/Henderson recycle possession side to side to get our fullbacks in).. Was that because Utd played with Wing Backs who kept them both deep and thus we had 3 front players man marked?

What did Gini do? What did Fabinho do?

Did Matip completely lose Rashford for their goal? Did Van Dijk get bullied off the ball twice by Rashford? Neither players who have been amazing this season showed any sort of the pure dominance they've showed elsewhere.

I repeat my original post for this match, we (including Klopp) have a huge mental block for playing at Old Trafford. Btw this is not a recent thing, teams in the 80/90s would shit the bed and not show up as well. We didn't do anything which has made us Champions of Europe and finishing 2nd on 97 points - We played their game, we allowed them to dominate, we played their history, we played their badge.

To single Henderson out when it was 11 players and the manager who didn't deliver is just unfair.

Luckily for us Klopp did adapt, he threw on 3 players who were chomping to go and change the game. It's just unfortunate it took us 65mins to realise how shit they are..

Limiescouse

There seems to be a divide on Hendo, and I dont subscribe to either camp. He isnt crap, he is a good footballer in given circumstances. Against Utd he was awful. He cant provide the telling pass, he was absent in the game.
Not only can he, but he does quite regularly. On Sunday, the clearest chance we had in the first half was a result of Hendo picking out Firmino in a packed box. It looked simple, but it was textbook Hendo. He reads the game very well, has good delivery and so it means that he is often able to hurt a defense with a simple looking but effective ball. This is most evident when the game is being played at a high tempo, because that presents more opportunities where if you can act quickly you can catch the defense slightly out of shape. To take advantage of that you have to be able to read the game quickly, and that is something he excels at. It looks simple because it mostly means plaing a simple looking pass, but it's the vision to prepare himself to make those passes that he does at a very high level.

However, games like Sunday's present a different challenge. Utd were very compact in the middle and gave the CM time on the ball. Rather than the pace of the game creating openings to exploit, such a defense needs to be coaxed into mistakes. That requires more of what the average fan might view as skill, and 1 on 1 ability. I don't think it is a criticism of Hendo to acknowledge that is not a strength of his, but this reality also doesnt mean that he is too limited or that the team has moved on from him.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Not going to argue on Hendo. My point is that on Sunday we were a better offensive team with Keita on the pitch, even with the much maligned Lallana on the pitch. Hendo is a good team player in some circumstances but against Utd, Burnley etc he doesnt have what it takes.

Flobs

FADA
Well I'm glad you have accepted that it was at an instance rather than general. I can go along with that. In fact it is what I subscribe to.

Before you said Keita has offered more than I acknowledge. I personally think I'm being kind to him thinking he might still have something to offer us. Let's face it he offered very little in his last match when he was there to help the youngsters get a win (and was one of the poorest players on the pitch) That made Henderson's performance against Manure look good.

As fans we can not go about slagging of players who helped sound the charge last season and winning a CL final and hyping up a player who has given us what 40 minutes of reasonable football. It's just so silly. So we can keet hope in Keita but to make out he's an obvious starter is again silly. (That doen't rule out that he might become one but he hasn't shown that potential for us by a very long way).

epsomred

Ad-free Member
Well I'm glad you have accepted that it was at an instance rather than general. I can go along with that. In fact it is what I subscribe to.

Before you said Keita has offered more than I acknowledge. I personally think I'm being kind to him thinking he might still have something to offer us. Let's face it he offered very little in his last match when he was there to help the youngsters get a win (and was one of the poorest players on the pitch) That made Henderson's performance against Manure look good.

As fans we can not go about slagging of players who helped sound the charge last season and winning a CL final and hyping up a player who has given us what 40 minutes of reasonable football. It's just so silly. So we can keet hope in Keita but to make out he's an obvious starter is again silly. (That doen't rule out that he might become one but he hasn't shown that potential for us by a very long way).
As I have said above, it is always an error to judge players who comes on fresh against tired legs and minds late in the game. In the same vein you can’t judge how a team are playing pre and post such a late substitution. Give Keita a start before we start comparing him to anybody else.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I have not slagged off anyone who led us to glory last season, I am being as objective as possible and saying thst Hendo isnt the player required to unlock defences. I think Keita is, its just opinion. If you are in a war then you want the Hendo/Milners of the squad. On Sunday Hendo was poor. Our MOTM poll with 3 votes each and he didnt register. And I accept that others were equally poor. Lallana is much criticised but he also has something to offer. All of the squad are there for a reason this campaign.

Edit: our best 3 in midfield IMO is Fabinho, Gini and Ox/Keita. But that doesnt signal the end for Hendo or Milner or indeed Lallana.

Flobs

FADA
I have not slagged off anyone who led us to glory last season, I am being as objective as possible and saying thst Hendo isnt the player required to unlock defences. I think Keita is, its just opinion. If you are in a war then you want the Hendo/Milners of the squad. On Sunday Hendo was poor. Our MOTM poll with 3 votes each and he didnt register. And I accept that others were equally poor. Lallana is much criticised but he also has something to offer. All of the squad are there for a reason this campaign.

Edit: our best 3 in midfield IMO is Fabinho, Gini and Ox/Keita. But that doesnt signal the end for Hendo or Milner or indeed Lallana.
You said Henderson can't pass and a host of other things you slagged him off good and proper.
All this in comparison to a player who struggles to get a 75% pâss completion rate against a Hendo who is up there above 85% completion rate.
This is classic underrating of a regular and overhyping of a player you think might offer something yet has only played a handfull of minutes for us and hasn't even shown anything in that handful.
You justify this by saying Hendo was poor on sunday and he was but so what. He has prooved himself on numerous other occassions. Even Klopp went with him after a greuling international window for the player.
I don't see you advocating Lallana for Bobby even thogh Bobby was poor sunday and Lallana did his job when coming on. Yet Lallana has given us more than Keita.
All I would like to ask is those like you actually start thinking before posting.
I don't mind LFC getting better without Henderson but as it stands it would be folly to start now when we have had such a good start to the season. Being critical because of 1 match (and a match we are more often than not poor in anyway) about 1 player who in all other matches has been at least solid is just soo disrespectful. At least Hendo doesn't go about smiling about his poor performances.

Last edited:

epsomred

Ad-free Member
You said Henderson can't pass and a host of other things you slagged him off good and proper.
All this in comparison to a player who struggles to get a 75% pâss completion rate against a Hendo how is up there above 85% completion rate.
This is classic underrating of a regular and overhyping of a player you think might offer something yet has only played a handfull of minutes for us and hasn't even shown anything in that handful.
You justify this by saying Hendo was poor on sunday and he was but so what. He has prooved himself on numerous other occassions. Even Klopp went with him after a greuling international window for the player.
I don't see you advocating Lallana for Bobby even thogh Bobby was poor sunday and Lallana did his job when coming on. Yet Lallana has given us more than Keita.
All I would like to ask is those like you actually start thinking before posting.
I don't mind LFC getting better without Henderson but as it stands it would be folly to start now when we have had such a good start to the season. Being critical because of 1 match (and a match we are more often than not poor in anyway) about 1 player who in all other matches has been at least solid is just soo disrespectful. At least Hendo doesn't go about smiling about his poor performances.
Good post. It’s amazing that anyone on here is slagging off Hendo after last season on the basis of one poor game when most of the team were crap but then I have long since stopped being surprised by some of the crazy stuff that gets said by some people on here. It takes all sorts I suppose.

indianaredman96

now you're gonna believe us
Yes he is our best midfielder all round and has the ability to motivate the other players.
He was poor against Manure but that is just one match his overall contribution is of immense value to us.
I agree Hendo is more than a player on field. I tink he still plays a big role for us on certain nights