• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post-Match: Manchester United 0-3 Liverpool

t34m43

Who can possibly say they are not dreaming now.......

Clive

Only disappointment is surely Moyes will get the boot? Wish I didn't have to work in 6 hrs! Woo hoo!

zooz

TIA Youth Team
Thank you mighty REDS & Rodgers for the best season of my life!!

Walter Sobchak

Haha, United have become synonymous with mediocrity! Well done lads, too bad SG didn't get his hat trick. This season has been absolutely perfect with this win - anything from now on will be a bonus!

Libero

Clive said:
Only disappointment is surely Moyes will get the boot? Wish I didn't have to work in 6 hrs! Woo hoo!
Keep him there! I'll pay his wages!

Macolfc

Wow! Won't be at the Cardiff game but can't wait to be at a bouncing Anfield against Sunderland!

TippRed

TIA Youth Team
Time to sit down, have a beer or 10 and go to bed laughing. No work tomorrow its Paddys day.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Cleansheet at OT. Fucking yes. Should have been 4 penalties - not including the one Gerrard missed (Didn't think that was a penalty)

Got to give it up to Flanaghan. Cannot overstate how impressed I was with him; Worried as hell that he would get a second yellow but for a kid his age from the LFC academy to go to OT and play that hard has to be commended.

Can't decide whether MOTM should be Gerrard or Suarez; Suarez had a poor match by his own amazing standards but still worked tirelessly and had a hand in all 3 goals. Gerrard anchored the midfield perfectly, played hard as hell and scored two composed penalties.

Good games all over by our players. Wasn't expecting the formation when I saw the starting sheet but the end result says it all.

Libero

I only wish Gerrard got his hat trick, other than it was absolutely fantastic

Claymenza

I wasn't happy with that third penalty. It was a dive and I'm glad stevie missed it.

We still scored a solid goal with an assist by sturridge.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Getting worried about the league now, will have to check that Mayan calendar to see if we have enough time left. Two penalties and a clean sheet at Old Trafford is clearly a sign of the end.

As for Sturridge's fall for the Vidic red, I hate to see that sort of thing, but all I can say is .....'Ronaldo'.

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
I've got use to coming away from Old Trafford disappointed but today the only disappointment was only winning by 3!
Oh how times have changed...

Just a small dose of reality, that was by far the worst United team I can remember. Really shockingly bad!

Champions league footie in the bag now!

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
Just so happy to have won. I went into this game without any expectations, neither positive nor negative. This wasn't our best game of the season, but we did a very professional job, hardly gave anything away.

Not bad, two cleans heets in a row during difficult away matches. Even more telling, we won both games with 0-3 and could have ended up scoring 5 during both matches. This is just an amazing season, full marks for Rodgers for given us fans such a rush. Nine more games to enjoy this season and we'll see where we end up. Top 4 looks a certainty after 29 matches, how amazing is that?

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I never thought I'd see a Liverpool team totally dominate and outclass a Man U team at OT. Incredible performance. Play like that in every game and we will win the league.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
ILLOK said:
Rodgers set us up brilliantly. Completely nullified them and controlled the whole game.

Amazing performance, even that 4-1 wasn't that dominant.
According to whisky nose, they were the better team, so that was nice.

A pity about Stevie's non-hat trick, but this is almost as good as it gets.

Will Moyes be the third manager who's been sacked this season as a direct result of an LFC battering? Watch this space...... :lol:

sanjay_sai_rpt

Klopp the shit outta every team!
The best thing about this game... after we scored 2 goals, unlike last few seasons or early this season, i was NOT AT ALL worried if they will score 1 or 2... we were so dominant that it felt this result was so obvious..

Reactions: SGM

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Best thing about today was that it was a team performance (full credit to Rodgers). But overall Gerrard MOM for me, not for his penalties but because he played a major part in limited United to just 1 shot on target. :) very happy