• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post-Match: Manchester United 0-3 Liverpool

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
lfc.eddie said:
United lost their way since the first day of the season. I have always said that it was Ferguson that make them who they are, and if any other manager they would struggle. Just have a look at referee not giving penalty to any visiting side for 85 games prior to yesterday is astonishing. The referees have that fear in them to go against Ferguson and that made this current United team taking things for granted. Those challenges they made, that handball by Rafael, would not have been called if it was Ferguson.

We didn't exactly pinned them back like how we did it to Spurs. We played with more patience in this game than going gung-ho like any other game. That is because Rodgers is wary of how dangerous Rooney and Van Persie can be if given a chance to break against our defence. It worked out rather well.

United team lack the movement, and Van Persie operates best up top and not roaming around getting involved. Like Sturridge, he plays well in the final third, especially at the should of the defenders. United are also known for throwing bodies in the box, to outnumber defence. Moyes not known for doing that. Van Persie was isolated yesterday and credit to Gerrard who knows Rooney's game so well, marked the fool to standstill.

Next stop City and Chelsea at home. Let's hope we do not succumb to the pressure and spotlight shining on us. Let's hope we continue to play the underdog role and progress from there.
Thats the part isnt it? whenever we had such a stellar game this season, we felt we would drop, but rogers has motivated the team and they are keeping this high level continuously. I salute rogers really, he is doing everything properly, i am sure gerrard will calm things down,he is experienced not to get carried away.
Tactically, it was a masterstroke from rogers, i simply love the way he is reinventing gerrards role, the way he is managing coutinho and sterling, the way he has pumped in new academy graduate like flanno into the starting 11. I mean Flanno played as if he is been here for a decade.
Truly,
Its poetry in motion, tra la la la la la!!

Red83

In the pre-match threads I had stated that coutinho had to play, man was I wrong, the team looked solid at the back and maintained a great level of attacking prowess.
So happy right now, the top 4 finish is almost a certainty now, so the manager can now go for the title, with nothing to lose and everything to gain, where as arsenal chelsea and city have so much pressure to bring home the title home.

wooohooo ynwa

Urban Achiever

Wow.... this team is just getting better and better.

We played very, very well BUT I don't even think we we're up to our best in all areas....... had we been, we would have won 0-7.
That in itself is an incredible development. Unbelievable how Rodgers can keep improving players and coach peoples levels several notches up. Had Sturridge had one of his best days he would have scored 3.

Man United on the other hand are wakin' the fuck up to the reality of not having a corrupt asshole dictating the game and controllng 40% of all decisions the refs make. Welcome to the real world, fu*kers! Moyes is a clueless clown (may he stay there forever) but even with another coach they'll never get back to the Ferguson-years...... from watching yesterdays game I finally realised that their brand of special magic simply is gone... not because they're United in a crisis... but because that old scumbag is gone.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
I enjoyed yesterday so much and got so hammered that we've extended a weekend away for another night to get over Sunday. So, back to the bar then :)

One question though. The Ferdinand sub surely is proof that D Moyes has utterly lost the plot and should be sacked immediately. Well obviously WE want him in charge at United for many years but that should have been the absolute nail in the coffin.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
ptt said:
One question though. The Ferdinand sub surely is proof that D Moyes has utterly lost the plot and should be sacked immediately. Well obviously WE want him in charge at United for many years but that should have been the absolute nail in the coffin.
I honestly think he wanted to stop the bleeding, on the basis that 3-0 was bad, but 4-0 would be humiliating. Wenger-logic.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Yet another fantastic result, when can you say we weren't at our best yet still manage to beat United 3-0 and miss a pen in their own backyard? Not in my lifetime. What a turnaround.They never really looked like scoring.We were the business, again, so proud of the lads.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
Two things I hate to admit from this match :
1. Best moment of the match was De Gea save from Suarez. probably one of the best saves I have ever seen. Seeing Luis coming to De Gea after the final whistle, and from the facial expression still not believing how he did it. Truely an amazing momeent, wish it was ours.

2. RVP, Rooney, Januzaj ,Mata, etc. noside with these players should look like this. Question is, is it all Moyes fault or where they considered that good because they had Ferguson in charge. As if all the trophies weren't enough, I guess the drunk bastard was even a greater manager than I gave him credit.

now that I have it of my chest, I can return to rubbing it in to all the SCUM supporters I know.

Sound as a Pound

TIA Midfield General
shachart said:
1. Best moment of the match was De Gea save from Suarez. probably one of the best saves I have ever seen. Seeing Luis coming to De Gea after the final whistle, and from the facial expression still not believing how he did it. Truely an amazing momeent, wish it was ours.
was a good save - but was relatively easy for degea - he anticipated suarez hitting it there - seen plenty of other saves far better than that

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
Was this the most comfortable victory we have ever enjoyed at old trafford? We could have had 5 penalties. Gerrard was unlucky not to get his hattrick as he tried to put it right in the corner again. Migs made two saves in the game but was untroubled otherwise. Our shape and pressure at the right times rendered Man Utd utterly blunt and they never really threatened.
De Gea made a fantastic save from Suarez while Sturridge could easily have scored when he drove wide early on. That little Brazilian rat should have been sent off for hand ball but he could have gotten a straight red for his challenge from behind on Gerrard.

We were so much better than United that i was able to smile and enjoy the entire second half in the knowledge that they never stood a chance.

Now that in itself is incredible.

SirBillShankly

shachart said:

2. RVP, Rooney, Januzaj ,Mata, etc. noside with these players should look like this. Question is, is it all Moyes fault or where they considered that good because they had Ferguson in charge. As if all the trophies weren't enough, I guess the drunk bastard was even a greater manager than I gave him credit.

now that I have it of my chest, I can return to rubbing it in to all the SCUM supporters I know.
Was Stevie cracking Fellaini's head.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Lizard said:
was a good save - but was relatively easy for degea - he anticipated suarez hitting it there - seen plenty of other saves far better than that
I disagree most strongly, one of the best saves I've ever seen and I played in goals at a high level for years.

afrikana

TIA Squad Member
afrikana said:
Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

looking at the trend, whenever I read a stat that is not in our favour in respect to the opposition, we end up getting a good result. Happened with Stoke, Tottenham, and Southampton about our poor away record against them.

On the other hand Moyes has been following a trend where unlike us, he is doing the opposite and racking up all sorts of unwelcoming stats which favour the opposition which would be unheard of in the Fergie era.

As it stands, we have not won at OT for the last 5 years, so I am hoping the trend continues this Sunday
Considering I said the above in the pre-match thread, I think I have become TIA's version of Paul the WC Octopus, maybe one of the mods should change me user name to Oracle!

Now all I need to do is hope I come across (would not work if I actively look for some) some stat against Cardiff that is not in our favour and let all of you know whether we will win it or not.

On the Utd game, great win, great performance...what a season!

On to the next game.

OOTer

TIA New Signing
mattyhurst said:
I was disappointed that they abandoned the crossing game...
I was disappointed they abandoned their game full-stop. It's no fun kicking someone when they're down.

... unless it's United :p

SirBillShankly

afrikana said:
Considering I said the above in the pre-match thread, I think I have become TIA's version of Paul the WC Octopus, maybe one of the mods should change me user name to Oracle!

Now all I need to do is hope I come across (would not work if I actively look for some) some stat against Cardiff that is not in our favour and let all of you know whether we will win it or not.

On the Utd game, great win, great performance...what a season!

On to the next game.
Yes mate, let's rename you The Oracle for predicting us to win a game away from home, it's such an unusual outcome these days ;)

CJ_LFC

I am boss!
legalalien said:
Bet Cardiff are absolutely bricking it right now!
Cardiff are a proper bogey team though.

No doubt them sheep shaggers will raise there game when we go to visit them considering they are trying to wiggle out the relegation zone.

gb1986

If only Rodgers didn't send the lads on break before the game, it could have been 0-9, gotta be more ruthless our Brendan.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
OOTer said:
I was disappointed they abandoned their game full-stop. It's no fun kicking someone when they're down.

... unless it's United :p
I was gonna say its extremely good fun! :lol:

Arminius

FSG PR plant
CJ_LFC said:
Cardiff are a proper bogey team though.

No doubt them sheep shaggers will raise there game when we go to visit them considering they are trying to wiggle out the relegation zone.
Cardiff are a lot easier to beat than they were under Mackay. They are scoring a little more (10 goals in 12 versus 13 in 18) but conceding almost half a goal more (24 in 12 versus 28 in 18). Averaging 2 goals allowed per game is a sure-fire recipe for relegation, makes it hard to even pick up a draw here and there. Only Tottenham and Villa have not managed to put two past them in the league. We need to show up and play with intensity, but Cardiff have become a really poor team.

LFC7NH

Arminius said:
Cardiff are a lot easier to beat than they were under Mackay. They are scoring a little more (10 goals in 12 versus 13 in 18) but conceding almost half a goal more (24 in 12 versus 28 in 18). Averaging 2 goals allowed per game is a sure-fire recipe for relegation, makes it hard to even pick up a draw here and there. Only Tottenham and Villa have not managed to put two past them in the league. We need to show up and play with intensity, but Cardiff have become a really poor team.
If the current form table is anything to base it on it should be a pasting.

That being said a 1-0 will suit me just fine... just as long as the 3 points come home to Anfield!

Urban Achiever

SirBillShankly said:
Yet another fantastic result, when can you say we weren't at our best yet still manage to beat United 3-0 and miss a pen in their own backyard? Not in my lifetime. What a turnaround.They never really looked like scoring.We were the business, again, so proud of the lads.
Well, we are actually so good these days, that when we're at our absolute best we would have hammered them even more. I'm mainly referring to Sturridges finishing not being as good as it can be and Suarez dribbling also being slightly under his absolute top level.

That's not the same as saying that we weren't fantastic.... that's just saying that we've come an incredibly long way already. Had Sturridge had one of his best days (finishing-wise) he easily would have scored 3 yesterday. Suarez could have easily gotten 2 yesterday.... so, yes, even though we were great, United could have easily gotten an even bigger beating and were kindda "lucky" to get away with 0-3 and only one man send off.

That's not putting down our effort. On the contrary it's a testament to how well we're playing and how shit they are.

OOTer

TIA New Signing

LeoT

ptt said:
I enjoyed yesterday so much and got so hammered that we've extended a weekend away for another night to get over Sunday. So, back to the bar then :)

I think that substitution was to try to keep the score down below 5, I was rather dissapointed as I really wanted us to smash them.

If it finished 6 - nil or more his job may have been gone already
Hopefully they'll get smashed in the Olympiakos game, then sack Moyes.
Then hopefully they'll get Steve Bruce or someone like that for the next season or two, that'd continue the slide nicely.

BrennansRed

OOTer said:
This was on the beeb tickler...

"
Football
Posted at
09:46

Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata says "the storm will pass and the sun will rise again", following the club's 3-0 defeat to Liverpool at Old Trafford. "

from his blog... http://blogs.grada360.com/juanmata/en/2014/03/17/compromiso-hasta-el-final/
Thought his quote was a bit close to home so I've posted in the comments the lyrics to YNWA for him. As paddy would say... 'Let the salt see the wound'. :)
He's not too far off in fairness.. Some might say the storms already passed though and i cant see whiskey nose or the NASDAQ being too happy about him openly endorsing us like that ;)

Showdown

TIA Reserve Team
Can not believe the week I've had, I won a carlsberg competition to meet & play football with Fowler, McAteer and Hamann, ireland win the six nations in the most dramatic thrilling game, Chelsea are beaten by villa and we thrash united at OT... It's only bloody Paddy's day aswell...

Great game...what I loved most was the team celebrating together... The confidence is up they are all playing for each other, a manager they love and the best fans in the world...
YNWA

LeoT

Great game, I finally believe we will probably get 4th place next season.

I hope that was a pivotal game in thier history, and they fall out of the top 4 for a few years, just as we did.

I hope the ManU play Thursday night footie for a number of years to come...