• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post-Match: Manchester United 0-3 Liverpool

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
gb1986 said:
Arsenal lost there and Chelsea drew, look where they are...
Exactly, I'm not too sure why people are so quick to do down our performance, it was the same with the Spurs and Everton games if I remember, though Arsenal didn't seem to get the same stick.

gb1986

mattyhurst said:
Exactly, I'm not too sure why people are so quick to do down our performance, it was the same with the Spurs and Everton games if I remember, though Arsenal didn't seem to get the same stick.
It just doesn't mean anything, it's like saying Utd beat Hull at the KC but we didn't too, it means nothing.

Cardiff beat City, doesn't mean they're going to beat us at the weekend.

If trouncing our biggest rival to all but gurantee us champions league football isn't a reason to get excited then when can i be?

RedSouthIndian

TIA Squad Member
gb1986 said:
It just doesn't mean anything, it's like saying Utd beat Hull at the KC but we didn't too, it means nothing.

Cardiff beat City, doesn't mean they're going to beat us at the weekend.

If trouncing our biggest rival to all but gurantee us champions league football isn't a reason to get excited then when can i be?
Absolutely....!! Any win against Manure and you're on top of the world at least until the next game. But what a season this is turning out to be.......

I think Moyes will survive until the end of the season. I don't see him there beyond that. Things could also depend on Manchester derby later this month.

gb1986

EDIT: Didn't realise it was on the Tuesday not the Saturday, still not long to wait :)

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
gb1986 said:
EDIT: Didn't realise it was on the Tuesday not the Saturday, still not long to wait :)
They've got Westham away before that.... 3 tough games actually in a row considering that is one that Man Utd have slipped up at in the past, maybe Joe Cole can do his one good performance of a season.

baxter

TIA Youth Team
liverpool_singh said:
As much as it's good to see a United player get sent off I would much rather Sturridge not have dived. You can bet your bottom dollar the media are going to make a big deal out of it and it's going to effect the chances of us winning genuine penalties when it actually matters. We were already 2-0 ahead at the time and cruising.
Any complaints over that dive are naive. Any striker worth his salt would go down there.

gb1986

mattyhurst said:
They've got Westham away before that.... 3 tough games actually in a row considering that is one that Man Utd have slipped up at in the past, maybe Joe Cole can do his one good performance of a season.
I'd rather United mullered West Ham to give their fans and boardroom belief again going into the City fixture, which i'm hoping United win too.

Feels weird supporting United for a weekend haha

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Genius said:
They would make their biggest mistake if they ever sack Moyes. He is a football genius.
"My future has not changed one bit," he told the media today.
"I have a great job. I know exactly the direction I want to go in.
"The season has not been as good as I had hoped but I have ideas that I will put in place when the time is right."
Moyes admitted after the loss to Liverpool that the job of Manchester United manager had been more difficult than he anticipated. Yet despite problems in the short time he's been in charge, Moyes is looking to the long term.
"We have big plans for years going forward," he said.
"This is a club that works on a long-term vision, not a short-term one and that is why I was given a six-year contract."

Drubas

He is correct. Destroying the most powerful club in the world is not something that can be done in just one year.

He's not called a "Football genius" for nothing.

CJ_LFC

I am boss!
Moyes has aged about 30 years since he started the United job either he realises he is way out of his depth for the job, the stress is taking it's toll on him or he is still traumatised from catching Zaha smashing in the back doors of his daughter.

Either way, if he doesn't beat Olympicaos tomorrow then I reckon that might just be it for him. Worst United season since like 1990 hahahaha,

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
mattyhurst said:
I think those changes are effectively spend like idiots and hope for the best.
I'm hoping the repeat their strategy from January. Keep making 'statements' like spending 40m on players they don't need, Moyes doesn't know what to do with, and shouldn't be a priority anyway.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Mascot88 said:
I'm hoping the repeat their strategy from January. Keep making 'statements' like spending 40m on players they don't need, Moyes doesn't know what to do with, and shouldn't be a priority anyway.
Yep exactly, twice they were rumoured with someone they needed...Twice they signed someone they didn't

icemanwan

TIA Youth Team
Drubas said:
He is correct. Destroying the most powerful club in the world is not something that can be done in just one year.

He's not called a "Football genius" for nothing.
In Moyes we trust...

WrongIslander

Semmy said:
"My future has not changed one bit," he told the media today.
"I have a great job. I know exactly the direction I want to go in.
"The season has not been as good as I had hoped but I have ideas that I will put in place when the time is right."
Moyes admitted after the loss to Liverpool that the job of Manchester United manager had been more difficult than he anticipated. Yet despite problems in the short time he's been in charge, Moyes is looking to the long term.
"We have big plans for years going forward," he said.
"This is a club that works on a long-term vision, not a short-term one and that is why I was given a six-year contract."
God I hope they are buying into this shit.

SGM

TIA Legend
Arminius said:
Better than the Tim Howard commentary I was listening to, I am sure.
Oh man what was that? Why would NBC do that? He was awful. I would have loved to listen to Neville.

spizfromoz

Whats interesting about Allen's possession locations is that he's very disciplined. He rarely moves out of his specific corridor and works hard within it, especially the tracking back defensively. His chart was similar in the Tottenham game. So he looks to be relied on to do the shift his boss wants him to. He and Flanno played solid games on their side of the pitch.
A team is made up of a balance of players, some create, others follow a more strategic path giving others space to do their thing.

baxter said:
Any complaints over that dive are naive. Any striker worth his salt would go down there.
No they wouldn't and I don't know about you but personally I don't condone diving (even if it's our own player).

Arminius

FSG PR plant
SGM said:
Oh man what was that? Why would NBC do that? He was awful. I would have loved to listen to Neville.
He just doesn't have an aptitude for it. I don't dislike him, and I find him a surprisingly good interview subject. But he just rambled, got things wildly wrong - even simple things like the way in which Gerrard took the second penalty kick, so he was going back seconds later and contradicting himself.

I usually get the UK commentary, it is only the games TSN picks up from NBC (1-2 per week) that I have had to deal with the US commentary, but that was a notch down from those.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Can we get a section of the forums where the truly best threads are saved? I'd like to be able to come back onto this thread in 6 years time, especially if we go on to win the league this season. If we go on and go on a crazy run, we'd be able to look back on this season as a turning point of our club.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team

steveo72

TIA Youth Team
Just read through all of the pages of this thread. Damn straight.

Got up at 7:30am during my vacation for this and my what a hell of a way to start the day.

There is nothing I like better than seeing the entire team working and celebrating so well together...fighting for eachother, enjoying the great moments.

Gerrard, legend, badass, class, example, Got my first home shirt this year with his name plastered on it. Damn proud to wear it everywhere, even took it skiing. Loved the way he plastered Fellini and wish he could've gotten one on Rafael, that little bastard.

Great win, but now head down, Cardiff to tackle. One game at a time.
But can't help looking forward to thrashing City and also shutting up Mourinho...damn that would be so sweet.

TheSweetSilverSong

I'm still not over this amazing win.

Downplaying Utd, for all their shambles this season, is irrelevant. It's a Utd-Liverpool derby. Even in our Hodgson era (the lowest points I can remember), we weren't a given for them, and it could end either way. It's THE derby.

I'm still not over this amazing win.

Highest moment in the season so far for me!!

And one has to ask… doesn't it fall short compared to Spurs, Arsenal and Everton results? After all, Spurs and Arsenal were huge hoodoos we've broken there, with a statement.

In terms of singles games, yes possibly, those 3 may have been more flashy, and didn't excite me any less..

But, this 3-0 victory over Utd means we've done the double over them after (i lost count) how many years, without conceding, 4-0 on aggregate. Arsenal, we lost 2-0 there (so 5-3 overall), Everton drew 3-3 (so 7-3 overall), and Spurs well let's see :p

It's at least as amazing as those 3 massive wins, if not more, to me at least! :)