• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: MK Dons v Liverpool (LC 25/9/19 7.45pm)

Man of the match

• Kelleher

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Hoever [GOAL 69’, off 90+1’]

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Milner [GOAL 41’]

Votes: 71 69.6%
  • Lallana

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 82’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keita [off 63’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elliot

Votes: 64 62.7%
  • Brewster

• Jones

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Chirivella [on 63’]

• Kane [on 82’]

• Van den Berg [on 90+1’]

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Kelleher, Hoever, Lovren, Gomez, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Jones, Elliott, Brewster.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Excellent game for the youngsters. Could have been another result (like 5-2 or so), but it's fully deserved.

Looking forward to see them again in the next round! (y)

My MoM is Milner, obviously. Other votes for Elliott and Hoever. Both were excellent tonight. Kelleher gets a mention for his good work.

cynicaloldgit

Offside by an armpit
Ad-free Member
Very promising start.
Elliott, Hoever and Jones the best of the youngsters tonight; looking forward to seeing more of them. Kelleher did well when called upon, too.
The older players all looked rusty, especially Keïta, and understandably so; the honourable exception being Ribena Man, who did well.
Overall, it was a comfortable performance and a healthy sign of things to come.

Smashing.

Dave-D

Milner, Kelleher and Elliott got my MoTM votes.

Good game for the youngsters and the squad players who either needed minutes or to try and regain fitness.

Elliott looks a player already and I’m just gutted he hit the bar and didn’t get the goal his play deserved.

Now let’s see who we get in the next round, fingers crossed for Rochdale or Oxford

Red Armada

TIA Regular
That was a good game. Dons acquitted themselves quite well, we were lucky to end up with a clean sheet.

I loved the second goal. One FB, the veteran, assisting the other one, who is young enough to be his son. Pity that the rest of the seniors were rather average, especially Gomez and Lovren.

The Academy players on the other hand did for the most part really well. Hoever got a goal, Jones was all over the pitch and Kelleher was excellent but overshadowed by Elliott, who had a breakout performance. His peers need work to play for the first team. He is ready now. He's got everything in his locker. On that note Brewster was probably the biggest disappointment. For someone who is supposed to be able to contribute now, he looks well off the pace and nowhere near to being a PL player.

Good thing that he has all the time in the world and the right coaches to improve.

Last edited:

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Harvey the biggest standout but Millie motm for me. There is some quality coming through with Harvey, Ki Jana, Jones and Rhian so mostly looking rosy.

Of the squad players Lovren improved but was poor 1st half where Joe was the other way round, Ox came to life later on but Naby was quiet, unlike a lot I enjoyed Lallana in the 6 role he is just so comfortable in receiving and turning with the ball creating space and playing it quickly to move us forward.

Forgot to mention Kelleher excellent saves but needs to be stronger under the cross

Nur der BvB09

Well done everyone involved. Whoever finds negatives in this one is helpless.
A nice game of football we remeber till the next one, a win forever.
The boys did that. Up the mighty Old&Young REDS!YNWA
p.s. i thought we were playing away but heard all the time only our supporters singing;):love:

big noyd

easiest motm decision in a while, milner is just not a normal person

only saw the last 65 minutes, but jones & gomez weren't great

we didn't do anything all summer...and now adrian is gonna win us the league, and harvey elliott might score 50+ goals in a liverpool shirt. he did not look like one of the kids

Flobs

FADA
i'm grumpy (due to a number of poor streams) so here we go grumpy comment mode.
Elliot my MOTM very good and I am disappointed he didn't get the goal he deserved (that made me grumpy as well).
Milner and Lallana also excellent and a very good 2nd half performance from Lovren.
However it wasn't good enough, I mean it was too slow against a team sitting deep if we had just accelerated a little now and again we would have scored 5 or more.
Some very poor efforts out there to name a few AOC, Keita, Brewster all players looking at the 1st team and being shown up by the youngsters and old age pensioners. Really just not good enough and what's their problem? (I mean Lovren made an effort as did Gomez so why not them?).
So a grumpy happiness because we won and the youngsters impressed me (as did the old guns out there) except Brewster.
For those that disappointed well it is just 1 game so nowhere near the end of the world or their LFC careers.
:(

Last edited:

Cologne-Liverpool

i'm grumpy (due to a number of poor steams) so here we go grumpy comment mode.
Elliot my MOTM very good and I am disappointed he didn't get the goal he deserved (that made me grumpy as well).
Milner and Lallana also excellent and a very good 2nd half performance from Lovren.
However it wasn't good enough, I mean it was too slow against a team sitting deep if we had just accelerated a little now and again we would have scored 5 or more.
Some very poor efforts out there to name a few AOC, Keita, Brewster all players looking at the 1st team and being shown up by the youngsters and old age pensioners. Really just not good enough and what's their problem? (I mean Lovren made an effort as did Gomez so why not them?).
So a grumpy happiness because we won and the youngsters impressed me (as did the old guns out there) except Brewster.
For those that disappointed well it is just 1 game so nowhere near the end of the world or their LFC careers.
:(
:D Don't ever change mate.