• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Post match: MK Dons v Liverpool (LC 25/9/19 7.45pm)

Man of the match

• Kelleher

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Hoever [GOAL 69’, off 90+1’]

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Lovren

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Milner [GOAL 41’]

Votes: 71 69.6%
  • Lallana

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 82’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keita [off 63’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elliot

Votes: 64 62.7%
  • Brewster

• Jones

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Chirivella [on 63’]

• Kane [on 82’]

• Van den Berg [on 90+1’]

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phil smith

Looked like a bit of a Sunday league game to me with both defences very creaky. Should have been about 6-6 on chances. Nice steady learning curve for the youngsters with Elliot being the pick of the bunch for me. Must be great for the boys to play and learn so much from playing alongside a consummate professional like Milly who was my MOM by a mile.

RodM

Voted Milner as MotM along with Kelleher and Elliot who both had a great debut and gave me lots of confidence.

In fact the young players did pretty well although some dropped off later and Brewster was rather quiet throughout. Quite a nice mix in the team and there are a few I would like to see getting into the league squads.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Just gone to pens at Old Toilet. Banter club. I'm watching Goldbridge.........he's not happy but he's moved on to the acceptance phase. He might have an total live meltdown if they go out. I hope they scrape through, slightly slow the bleeding so to speak.

Commando

Ad-free Member
My three in the MOTM poll were Milly, Kelleher and Elliott in that order. I'm not sure where the telly got Jones as MOTM from? He did do well in midfield and helping the defence out but I didn't see him as MOTM.
I thought that we played it like a first team game, but with different actors in some roles. Happy with the performance and result. Hopefully we'll get a lower league club at home to give these lads a night in the first team at Anfield.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
As the cliche goes "The boys done good" but this is no cliche given how well
our youngsters played, led by the Old Man Milner!

Pick of the bunch Harvey Elliott, and only 16 years old!!!

Only 16, and yet so confident, determined and skillful,
when I was 16 I was working in the local supermarket filling shelves after school,
and only dreaming of been a pro footballer!

But here he is living the dream,

Me thinks Harvey has a bright future ahead.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
I'm not sure where the telly got Jones as MOTM from? He did do well in midfield and helping the defence out but I didn't see him as MOTM.
Indeed, I was very surprised on Sky's selection of the MOTM. On ESPN+, while Milner controlling the ball, the commentator said, "...Milner...you all know who the man of the match is...."

Red over the water

Nice to get through. Last season we narrowly lost Prem ties in the domestic cups and it shut down a good outlet for young players to gain experience and make their mark. Hopefully we can go far in them this season.

Elliot looks like he could become some player. A top manager like Klopp, plus the talent and professionalism we have at the club, will help him keep his feet on the ground and understand the standards he has to hit. The lad looks intent on making a real name for himself.

The game did what it needed to do. For the old timers it’s about minutes and seeing the youngsters through the game. Some are nearing the end of the line at Liverpool e.g. Lovren and Lallana, but giving them a run out in this was important in case they are needed.

For the youngsters it’s about gaining experience and trying to catch the eye.

Job done. Well done you red men.

And please get a haircut Harvey! Mind you, if he keeps playing like that he can grow what he likes on the top of his head.