Post Match: Napoli v Liverpool (UCL 3/10/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 43 37.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez

Votes: 59 51.8%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Milner (off 75’)

• Wijnaldum

• Keita (off 18’)

• Salah

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Firmino

• Mane (off 87’)

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Henderson (on 18’)

• Fabinho (on 75’)

• Sturridge (on 87’)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
Lucky to lose just 1-0. So many of our lads are off their game it's unreal.

Roll on sunday ...... or not.

Redopium

Haven't seen a performance like that from us for a long time, we got what we deserved hopefully some were holding back for the city game.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Its frustrating because Napoli are a fucking dirty team. Cheap fouls that go unnoticed.
Not that we did anything.
Bring them at anfield. We will water the pitch so heavily they will get wet seeing the way we play.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Salah gets a 1/10 mark from me.

Not only did he do the square root of nothing going forward, but he left TAA exposed time and time again when their full-back was running forward. He is in terrible, terrible form right now, and looking forward, doesn't deserve a place in the first team anymore. Tonight, we played with ten men against eleven most of the time, and that was down to Salah. Do the same against City, and we'll get absolutely battered.

Coddite84

Poor game management. We were clearly not at the races so should have been more calculated in last 10 to ensure we at least got a draw. We must go all out against City at the weekend and get shooting, forward play was poor tonight.

Dutch

And if we play like this against City on Sunday it will even be worse. The midfield with zero creativity, fullbacks with terrible passing and upfront Salah and Firmino can not hold on to the ball for more than 2 seconds.

Gave it to Becker.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
We were poor and Napoli were patient. They were really good and keeping the ball in play and forcing us with their press.

I don't think we could have played our high press this game though with Napolis threat and pace.

Keita going off was a huge shame, although he was somewhat meh before he went off. Feel he was the kinda player to break the line, and i guess so early in the game we couldn't turn to shaq.

Dust off and go again. I'm not going to kick off and moan too much. I'll let Klopp do that bit.

Gomez and Alisson were good I thought. Salah again not getting into his groove.

Noo Noo

I'll say it.
Midfield simply not good enough this evening or in the last 2-3 games. Front three aren't getting a shout because we aren't getting a grip of the middle. You can run all you like but at the end of the day you need to be able pass it to each other every now and then. That starts in midfield.

T.C.B

Poor result after a poor performance, deserved nothing. Poor midfield performance, front 3 weren't at it either. Salah continues to look lost and really needs a game against a weaker side where he might get a few chances.
I thought Gomez was the stand out performer but he was ball watching for the goal and the chance that hit the bar.
Nabby off with a potentially serious injury caps a shite evening for me.

jabu

TIA New Signing
today my man klopp managed poorly. why take off mane, though struggling going forward, he was defending well. not surprised goal came from that same side he had vacated as robbo had no help... it was almost like klopp was living on a hope and a prayer that somehow we would get better. but boy oh boy, we only got worse

Jah_Pool

Also, that midfield is as talent-less as they come, especially when running on fumes. There was no guile in that midfield today, they provided very little to the front three, absolutely nothing to feed on. Just a truly awful display of nothingness by the Red away to Napoli.

RedForever2014

The front three are showing the effects of a short summer break.

The midfield lacks something. The likes of Coutinho, Oxlade and even Can to an extent were missed.

TAA is playing shocking.

The rest of the defence may have relented in the end, but with TAA on its right, that midfield in front and the forwards as they are, it's no wonder.

Defence has been improved, but I said all summer midfield and attack hadn't improved enough.

Three proven players departed last season or injured, not properly replaced.

Need a rethink, need to rotate our way back to freshness and form up front and in midfield.

Two defeats late on in a week now.

Trent needs dropping.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I'll say it.
Midfield simply not good enough this evening or in the last 2-3 games. Front three aren't getting a shout because we aren't getting a grip of the middle. You can run all you like but at the end of the day you need to be able pass it to each other every now and then. That starts in midfield.
Its because they are being overplayed. Gini and Milner were 2nd to everything, not surprised as they’ve played nearly every minute. Milner is 32 ffs this is exactly what happened last time he hit a bit of form, overplayed till he became a huge liability.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Ah back to Earth, feet now well and truly planted. Now Klopp its time to do your job, bring back the fucking hugs you give as motivation.

Wijnaldum did his David Blaine again, we were playing with 2 midfielders throughout the second half. Trent on walking pace. Front 3 was awful, like as if this is the first time they played with each other.

So are we awake yet, the 6 games euphoria should be gone now. Let’s get back to being Liverpool in the Premier League era, the unassuming challenger rather than the favourites.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Utter rubbish.

It was less than 20mins, and he did sweet fuck all.

Gave the ball away three times I can remember, and I have a shit memory so there's almost certainly more.
Yea. The entire team did the same for remaining 70.

Lidoris

TIA New Signing
I haven't seen us playing so bad from many games... No words! It was a match to forget at the minute it finished. COMPLETE disaster!
I hope Klopp has learned his lessons... I'm not angry with the result, but with the super toothless and poor performance. Let's forget it and move on.

Serdar Ekrem İleri

Gerrard Generation
I am actually happy that we lost.Sometimes you need a SLAP in the face to pull yourself together and that was it,the SLAP that we have been in need of.Am i optimistic for the City game on Sunday ? Absouletly not.I am optimistic for the games after the City game though.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
We didn’t look bothered, and the relentless press wasn’t there. It looked to me like a lot of the lads were thinking about the weekend and not the game in front of them.

The referee was poor, letting Napoli foul with impunity, and the state of the pitch should warrant a fine from UEFA, but we were the architects of out own downfall. Nothing stuck, and the players looked like a bunch of Sunday leagues lads who’d had to call in some mates to make up the numbers.

Klopp has some work to do, because if we put in that performance on Sunday, City will have a field day.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Well, on the positive side of things, we've often complained in the past about our back four consistently letting us down and being overly dependent on our front three outscoring the opposition. Now, it seems we have the opposite problem - our back four (especially our CBs) have been quite good this season, while our front three has disappeared.

I'd prefer having this problem than the other because I believe that front three is too talented to continue to play like shit. They'll figure it out.

Noo Noo

Its because they are being overplayed. Gini and Milner were 2nd to everything, not surprised as they’ve played nearly every minute. Milner is 32 ffs this is exactly what happened last time he hit a bit of form, overplayed till he became a huge liability.
Possibly but I think there's something more fundamental than that. We lost any control of the game when Henderson came on as the pivot. I think that says volumes about his ability in that position. We dont flow when he plays there

Werder4life

Allison MOM by far , we had a real shit match tonight. Napoli proved to be very strong defensively - no wonder - Ancelotti deployed the mother of italian tactics - drain the opposition for 70 minutes and switch to all out attack in the last twenty. Textbook.
We did very well defensively for the most part - but we totally lost control in midfield in the second until Fabinho came on.
Offensively we have been dreadfull. Imense rate of lose passing and tried to carry the ball to much in the final third. We didn't create anything from it. Trents crossing is a real worry to me as well - he had some true stinkers in there again.

Looks like the hard work matches start to drain power already - time to get real rotation going after the int. break.

I hope we get ourselves sorted for Saturday.

Neukolln

Terrible performances all round. I really think that Mo should be rested. He just doesn’t seem focussed.
Salah gets a 1/10 mark from me.

Not only did he do the square root of nothing going forward, but he left TAA exposed time and time again when their full-back was running forward. He is in terrible, terrible form right now, and looking forward, doesn't deserve a place in the first team anymore. Tonight, we played with ten men against eleven most of the time, and that was down to Salah. Do the same against City, and we'll get absolutely battered.
I agree with both of you. I just don't think Jürgen will sit him against City. It's not in his DNA as a Players Manager. He's very intelligent (altho at times maddeningly obtuse) he sees the same thing we do. He doesn't have the heart to sit Mo right now.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Jesus we were put to the sword just then. Utterly shocked we came out with only a 1-0 loss.

There's a worrying trend with our CB's and GK consistently being considered the best players on the pitch for us. Gomez my MOTM.

Not too confident with the weekend match now. City certainly owe us one and a bad performance/result at home will hurt us. The players must erase that from the memory and bounce back on the weekend.