Post Match: Napoli v Liverpool (UCL 3/10/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 43 37.7%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez

Votes: 59 51.8%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Milner (off 75’)

• Wijnaldum

• Keita (off 18’)

• Salah

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Firmino

• Mane (off 87’)

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Henderson (on 18’)

• Fabinho (on 75’)

• Sturridge (on 87’)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kwala

TIA Regular
Missed most of the game putting the little one to bed! Looks like reading the same 3 year old book for the 100th night straight was the better of the 2 options.

We need to turn this around. Not really played well all season bar west ham. Our fabled front 3 have lost it. Look lethargic, and have the first touch and passing of a Sunday pub side in the final third. Time for Mo to have a rest. He is miles off the pace, and we are a more potent side with Shaqiri on the pitch.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
I think the Mid were Ok. Its the front 3 that were missing. The press was missing. That gave them enough time on the ball to play their game.
We usually are lethal when our front 3 do the pressing. Our Mid is more about following up the press and quick passing.
I think both Robbo and TAA were poor. Did not offer much. Although Robbo was way better than TAA, but still way below his usual game.
Too narrow imo.

dockers_strike

Well I dont like slagging the boys but that was absolute shit from start to finish. We got what we deserved which was nothing. Anyone thinking we were going to get anything out of that game after the first half performance was sadly mistaken and only the paint on the underside of the crossbar kept us in it.

Too many players underperforming tonight and in recent games: Trent, appalling all night, Robbo, appalling all night, Sadio, Bobby and Mo absolutely appalling all night, you'd think those 3 had never played together before tonight. Not ONE shot on target! WTF?

I really dont know what's going on with our front three. Bobby's just not at the races. Sadio makes poor decision after poor decision. Just when is he going to realise refs arent giving you a fould just because you have 2 or 3 players around you and you go to ground? Mo, Im sorry but if he has issues with the Egyptian FA or whatever, he needs to leave them in Egypt and start getting his head sorted. Quickly.

Once again, Milner was giving the ball away cheaply and Gini just doesnt seem to know what to do when he crosses the half way line. I thought Jurgen should have put Shaq on instead of Dan, we needed to shore up the game and put someone on who was going to harry them for the last few minutes rather than hope Dan could repeat his Saturday feat.

I think we have major problems for Sunday now.

johnoleary

at least people on this site recognise how rubbish we are,on lfctvgo forum they seem to think we are the new barcelona,this has been coming all season they should have had 3 or 4,no doubt our defence is vastly improved,but the front 3 are dire and believe me i love mo,i actually think its more down to the midfield,perhaps lacking the creativity to supply the front 3,and oh my god the passing is worse than a bad under 10 side,and that also applies to a lesser degree to the back 4,i still think another big problem is the speed we attack,we were lightning last year coming out from the back and to me i think thats the biggest problem we are not moving the ball to the front 3 fast enough.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Napoli fully deserve their win, better in every single department.

Klopp dropped the ball badly here, fatigue is hitting and we have a huge game Saturday. Bad game management, bad substitutions.. Why only use two? Why only use the 2nd in the 86th minute. Half the team look fucked 2nd to everything.

This result was coming, it has been for a few games now as we’ve not played well. Our front line is completely off form, he overplays the same midfield 3 which is creating nothing, and our fullbacks such potent attacking forces look spent.

Time to earn your money Herr Klopp as we are not playing well.
We used all 3 subs.

SBYM

Who's the fella owns this shithole?
Well, on the positive side of things, we've often complained in the past about our back four consistently letting us down and being overly dependent on our front three outscoring the opposition. Now, it seems we have the opposite problem - our back four (especially our CBs) have been quite good this season, while our front three has disappeared.

I'd prefer having this problem than the other because I believe that front three is too talented to continue to play like shit. They'll figure it out.
:well done:

Macolfc

3 games 2 defeats & a draw. Let’s be honest we where lucky to get the draw as well, could quite easily be 3 loses out of our last 3. Not sure what I’d do with salah, do you drop him to the bench and give Sturridge the start? He’s probably not as effective but on a better run of form than salah is for sure.

Not the easiest run of games we’ve had, but after the performance against PSG we’ve considerably dropped off which is disappointing.

Hopefully get a result against City and kick on.

Bob8

TIA Youth Team
What team are we going to line up against city? We just witnessed a very tired first team play in fucking naples, we expect the same team play at their best at maybe the most important game of the season on sunday?

Abdel

Well done Napoli . they were the better team tonight
Deserved 3 points for them .
Not the end of the world as i was expecting us to struggle against a good side . this defeat will do us
good as it show where our weakness are : Composure ! .close down our Midfield and we lose the ball instantly .
in the long term , Sprint , distance covered , running like a headless chicken don't beat ability on the ball and intelligence
That's the lesson of the day
on other note , im glad that we are going on sunday with Underdog statue again , that's when we thrive .

SBYM

Missed most of the game putting the little one to bed! Looks like reading the same 3 year old book for the 100th night straight was the better of the 2 options.
You shoulda just plonked him in front of the game. He woulda been asleep ages ago...

johnoleary

Not to mention the Ref. Napoli are an ugly team. Do small fouls which refs tend to ignore or miss.
oh come on you cannot possibly blame this on the ref,just because you support us dosent mean you cant give an honest opinion...we were crap end of.

Macolfc

I am actually happy that we lost.Sometimes you need a SLAP in the face to pull yourself together and that was it,the SLAP that we have been in need of.Am i optimistic for the City game on Sunday ? Absouletly not.I am optimistic for the games after the City game though.
Would you not say the Chelsea game was a slap in the face? Especially after been up 1-0 with 10 to play.

SBYM

Yeah, needlessly giving the ball away and putting us under pressure, he was just as bad as the rest in his cameo, no point pretending otherwise.
There's a point when you enjoy relentlessly bashing our midfield.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
And I was all ready to celebrate with the post "oh Gino oh Gino Wijnaldum"

OK no more ice cream jokes

But I want to scream...............SHITE

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Now anything less than 6 points from the next two games could be dangerous.
I think 2 wins and a draw and we should be through.

SBYM

at least people on this site recognise how rubbish we are,on lfctvgo forum they seem to think we are the new barcelona,this has been coming all season they should have had 3 or 4,no doubt our defence is vastly improved,but the front 3 are dire and believe me i love mo,i actually think its more down to the midfield,perhaps lacking the creativity to supply the front 3,and oh my god the passing is worse than a bad under 10 side,and that also applies to a lesser degree to the back 4,i still think another big problem is the speed we attack,we were lightning last year coming out from the back and to me i think thats the biggest problem we are not moving the ball to the front 3 fast enough.
Dire and rubbish?

Da fuq??

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
oh come on you cannot possibly blame this on the ref,just because you support us dosent mean you cant give an honest opinion...we were crap end of.
It doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive. We were crap, but the ref was also crap - allowing Napoli to get away with niggly little momentum killing fouls all game.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Possibly but I think there's something more fundamental than that. We lost any control of the game when Henderson came on as the pivot. I think that says volumes about his ability in that position. We dont flow when he plays there
I disagree, Gini was nowhere, Milner got bypassed.. Henderson was ok, but we know his limitations.. Im so sick of seeing these 3 play together they are like clones of each other. Functional and hardworking, Klopp needs to wake up and change it up, play Shaqiri as the 10 for example.

Salah was fucking abysmal, not only shit in attack he left Trent 2 v 1 all game. Saying that though the front 3 had no support, so they got double teamed all the time. It has to be fatigue as it was always our front 3 on their own, no fullback overlapping, no midfield joining late.

Why do we have a squad if it isn’t used.. The subs were just baffling 87th minute for Sturridge? Utterly pointless.

jabu

TIA New Signing
Ah back to Earth, feet now well and truly planted. Now Klopp its time to do your job, bring back the fucking hugs you give as motivation.

Wijnaldum did his David Blaine again, we were playing with 2 midfielders throughout the second half. Trent on walking pace. Front 3 was awful, like as if this is the first time they played with each other.

So are we awake yet, the 6 games euphoria should be gone now. Let’s get back to being Liverpool in the Premier League era, the unassuming challenger rather than the favourites.
cant put this on jus gini, the entire midfield was Shit..