• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool

OhYaBeauty

Jordan Henderson - 22 years old
Daniel Sturridge - 23 years old
Fabio Borini - 22 years old

Daniel Agger's old, but all our other goalscorers have so many years of good football ahead of them. Really makes me optimistic. And that's ignoring the pick of the lot, Coutinho, who is just 20.

We were majestic today, and fully deserved that win. the engine room of Gerrard and Lucas was great. Its too bad Gerrard didn't play the whole game, that's the first time he's not played a whole premier league game this season.

Feel for the Toon a bit, they're the only other team in England I'd actually support.

El Cuchillero

Més que un pedantic shit.
That's not bad at all, especially as we're supposedly shite without Luis.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Just what we needed to put all the bullshit behind us, great response from the playing group hope we can finish the season strongly.

Imagine the scoreline had Suarez been out there 10 maybe?

S

showmethemoney

Liverpool trounce Newcastle 6-0!!!!

Great show from my MOTM Coutinho. Looking like a brilliant sublime player.

GOAL SCORERS:

Agger 3′
Henderson 17′, 76′
Sturridge 54′, 60′
Borini 74′

A nice way for me to head off on my holiday tomorrow!!! :)

Can read the papers with some positive stories for once!!!!

abcd

It would be nice if the team could distribute out the goals a bit more over the games, plenty of 3,4,5 and now 6 goal wins but too many frustrating results against poor sides. Still a fine result and gives some encouragement that the team can function without Suarez.

alaskared

Kloppite
quite enjoyed that!
We played well, even if the opposition was lacklustre.

Only blight is that Couthino didn't get his goal, MOTM for sure.

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Coutinho is just mouthwatering. I love Sturridge, and I know what it's like to be a striker and want that hat-trick, but he has to pass more. :rolleyes:

ReRangles

Better than last years trip up there. I was worried before hand, thought they would be more up for it.

TassieRed

TIA Regular
2nd best attack in the league.

7th best defence.

5th best team on goal difference.

Position........ 7th.

It just doesn't add up does it?

Coutinho my MOTM for what it's worth.

Season not over in my eyes. Have a bet with my girlfriend (Everton supporter) that we will finish above them this season.

Bring. It.

RedLaw

JFT96
Great performance, great result, great day.

Shame about that classless twat Pardew who didn't shake Rodgers hand at the end.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
A couple of stats to paint a picture of some players performances:

Henderson: Whoscored rated his performance at 9.99. 2 goals (2 shots) and an assist but also had a 95% pass completion rate on 59 passes.

Lucas: 11 tackles, 3 interceptions, 2 blocked shots, 0 fouls, 90% pass completion on 79 passes. He had as many tackles as our next 3 players combined, and as many as Yang-Mbiwa, Tiote and Sissoko's combined total of tackles.

Edit: Pretty much everyone had amazing stats all over, so I just gave up after these two.
Edit: I know I said I gave up, but I have to mention that Carragher completely 93% of his 42 passes.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Its great how Coutinho was able to bounce back after his awful performance against Chelsea. MOTM. Sturridge and Henderson did well, still don't rate Jordan but he has his uses I guess. Good team performance, I don't care that the media will say that Newcastle were horrible. We still played well apart from the last 15 minutes of the first half.

OhYaBeauty

python.failure said:
Sometimes in life it happens that something good comes, bigger than what you could have expected. It is such a nice sensation.
Like this win.
It's hard to explain that feeling.

Diora Baird has great... personality

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
We'll still be on last on MOTD I betcha!

6 reasons to be cheerful. Just a pity that the bitters sneaked a win.

A note to Pardew: You shouldn't have bought French, you should have bought Brazilian! :D

RedLaw

JFT96
Dublin_Kopite said:

Another biting scandal today...Whey aye, man!
Cannot wait for the media to go apeshit over it. Reckon we should just stay quiet and let them look like idiots. Already seen it this season with Suarez's wrist-kiss celebration.

Viva la King Kenny

TIA New Signing
Not to be a buzzkill but it is genuinely disheartening to see Newcastle in such dismal and vulnerable state. You're six down! What have you got to lose? At least try to get a consolation goal!

S

showmethemoney

So proud of Fabio. Immense pride. :)

Is this right what they just said on the Beeb?

Statistically, we are better without Luis Suarez?????

Surelllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy not.