• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
LeoT said:
I think he's someone who just sees things differently to (other) Liverpool fans.
or the bravest american ever on TIA.

S

showmethemoney

Johnny T. said:
Just a thought,on current form would anyone have Andy back for the start of next season. Good cover for Luis untill the window closes??
Depends on what we get for him.

If the max we get (offered) for AC is 3 or 4M - keep him.

If we get the reputed 17M, I'll pay for his taxi

But I reckon we will struggle to get top whack 10M, & if so - he has to be worth a gamble.

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
Whatever happens, I doubt anyone would pay more than 10-15 million for him..we have to be prepared to take a massive loss on this transfer..

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
SUPER PORK CHOP said:
Whatever happens, I doubt anyone would pay more than 10-15 million for him..we have to be prepared to take a massive loss on this transfer..
We have 2 interested parties in West Ham and Newcastle. We can have some more late entries like Stoke probably. Any way they will all be ready to offer 10-12 m max.

What we need is the manager to come out and say that he has been satisfied with Carroll's display this season and he is still our player in the books and he will play his role in the coming season. Play him and Downing in pre-season friendlies.

And a bidding war that should follow this. We can easily see this go till the last minute of the deadline day. Some one (either west ham or us) will snap.

If all thing fails, we should look forward to use him in some way.

After all Downing did improve and looks like he is going to be here the next season in some sort of squad role.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Sell Andy and get Villa on a season long loan. Villa! Villa! Villa! :ph34r:

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
How about you stop criticising the manager for things he hasn't actually fucking done.

Did Rogers spend 55m on Andy Carroll and Stuart Downing?

ptt

2020, head of the table.
redbj said:
No.

But he would have.......
No, he'd have paid double, got them on 3 month contracts, lost them and the money half way through the season and then burnt down Anfield, sold off the silver and snogged Fergie at the first opportunity.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
ptt said:
No, he'd have paid double, got them on 3 month contracts, lost them and the money half way through the season and then burnt down Anfield, sold off the silver and snogged Fergie at the first opportunity.
He'd have definitely tried to slip a finger in fergie...

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Lucas said:
I think he must have misunderstood the term 'squeeky bum time'
So it was his finger that put the squeek in the bum time??

Coat and door!! haha

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
SoueysTash said:
He'd have definitely tried to slip a finger in fergie...
Only one finger? I dun think so.......

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Stone the fucking crows there's some right blerts in here this evening.

liverbird1975 said:
Newcastle made us look good. It's a decent performance, but nothing to shout about in my book.

A good performance would be knocking the stuffing out of the Bitters by a 5-0 scoreline this weekend. Can Brendan achieve this? I won't be holding my breath.
And I'll bet if we do rack up a 5-0 scoreline this weekend, you'll be nowhere to be found in here. And if you are, you sure as fuck won't be giving credit where credit's due.