• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool



lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Joined
Sep 18, 2006
Messages
53,207
If we feel that one of the people in here do not post things that we like as much, after a few rounds of debate, and they still don't come across as someone who would take on your view, then why bother? Fellas, you guys are better than this. Leave that fella alone to complain. After a while even his fingers will get tired.
 

liverbird1975

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
290
SoueysTash said:
Based on this logic do we assume that Coutinho is shit as he was sold to us by a European powerhouse?
He costs three million pounds more than Coutinho. Has he even looked half as good as Coutinho? Was he pulling up trees at Chelski and Swansea?
 

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Joined
Jul 16, 2007
Messages
22,719
liverbird1975 said:
They can take Brendan, his 10,000-page dossier and his fabled three envelopes. There'll be loads of laughs generated next season for sure when he talks about Citeh winning the League for the next ten years, his 50,000-page encyclopedia on take-taki and the 11 envelopes.
Stop playing idiot.

liverbird1975 said:
He costs three million pounds more than Coutinho. Has he even looked half as good as Coutinho? Was he pulling up trees at Chelski and Swansea?
Obviously, it would have been difficult for him to look as good as Coutinho from the treatment table. And now, get a grip.
 

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
7,543
liverbird1975 said:
Was he pulling up trees at Chelski and Swansea?
He actually was doing great at Chelsea and they were upset that he left them.
 



liverbird1975

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
290
TFC said:
He actually was doing great at Chelsea and they were upset that he left them.
We didn't see Roman sniffing around Fabio this season's transfer window or the next, did we?
 

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
7,543
liverbird1975 said:
We didn't see Roman sniffing around Fabio this season's transfer window or the next, did we?
You didn't see him sniffing around Coutinho either. If you can't follow your own logic, then its pretty clear that you are just trying to troll.
 

liverbird1975

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
290
Hope in your heart said:
Stop playing idiot.


Obviously, it would have been difficult for him to look as good as Coutinho from the treatment table. And now, get a grip.
Was Slurgie harping to the media about how the Mancs would finish as champions for more than a few times this season? Even old Whiskey Nose knows what not to say to the hacks even if he is in their good books.

Borini hasn't shown anything like a 11-million pound forward in the handful of games in a red shirt. Now that he's back and scored one, nothing less than five goals will prove that he's good enough.

TFC said:
You didn't see him sniffing around Coutinho either. If you can't follow your own logic, then its pretty clear that you are just trying to troll.
Give it another season, the sheikhs will sniff around Coutinho.
 

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
7,543
liverbird1975 said:
Give it another season, the sheikhs will sniff around Coutinho.
Once again, use your own logic - the exact same thing can be applied to Borini, both players still have a lot to prove. Its rather sad the difficulty you are having with this.
 

liverbird1975

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
290
TFC said:
Once again, use your own logic - the exact same thing can be applied to Borini, both players still have a lot to prove. Its rather sad the difficulty you are having with this.
Which is why I've said five goals for the rest of the season or Chelski can take him back for 6.5 million pounds.
 



TFC

TIA Squad Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
7,543
liverbird1975 said:
Which is why I've said five goals for the rest of the season or Chelski can take him back for 6.5 million pounds.
Which is why I've said, you are just trying to troll.
 

liverbird1975

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
290
2 goals. 11 million pounds. 6.5 million pounds per goal. LOLZ. Indeed, I can see Roman putting a 20-million bid for a player they were sad to lose.

TFC said:
Which is why I've said, you are just trying to troll.
 

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
7,543
liverbird1975 said:
2 goals. 11 million pounds. 6.5 million pounds per goal. LOLZ. Indeed, I can see Roman putting a 20-million bid for a player they were sad to lose.
Such a sad and pathetic thing, to do nothing but troll.
 

LeoT

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
2,307
SUPER PORK CHOP said:
Problem is, what kind of players are we talking about can we afford this summer. Big question mark.
I don't think its about who we can afford, i think its more about who will come to us.

No European football means 10-15 less games, this means some players won't even be on the bench let alone starting games for months at a time.

It was great to see Suso for a few minutes, but I wouldn't want to be him next season.
He'll probably start 3 FA cup and 3 League cup games, and that'll be his lot.

Wisdom will probably be on the bench for 5 or 6 games if Enrique, Johnson or Martin Kelly are injured/suspended.
If we were to get another left back to challenge Enrique then they'd probably end up as rusty as Coates became because of lack of game time.

What decent player in their right mind would come in to Liverpool to accept that?
As bad as Europa was, it least it kept the 2nd string players happy and on hand to play when we needed them.
 



lancashirelad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
836
Missed the game, I was away on business, but we've been threatening to do that for some time, I am so proud of the players after such a tough week.

Reading the reports about Coutinho today, could it be that we've found the next Stevie G....?
 

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Joined
May 24, 2007
Messages
21,084
liverbird1975 said:
Player ratings:

Jose Reina (6) - Had nothing much to do all match. Made a couple of saves?
Glen Johnson (3) - How he is England's best rightback befuddles me. He should be sold in the summer.
Jamie Carragher (6.5) - Indian summer. :)
Daniel Agger (6.5) - His goal gave the team a much needed lift.
Sanchez Jose Enrique (6) - A better fullback than Glen by a country mile.
Jordan Henderson (6.5) - A performance befitting that of the England U-21 captain.
Steven Gerrard (6) - No longer the Stevie of old. Possibly no more than a squad player next season or an impact sub.
Leiva Lucas (6.5) - Perhaps confidence is all he needs.
Phillippe Coutinho (7) - Big clubs will be circling around him next January and the papers will be full of the speculation about his future.
Daniel Sturridge (6.5) - Could have scored more if he wasn't that selfish or greedy. Will be a frustrating player to watch next season.
Stewart Downing (6) - Decent but not great.
Fabio Borini (5.5) - Scored his first goal with it served on a silver platter. Hope he can go on to bag at least five for the remainder of the season. If not, he should be bundled up (together with Glen) and dumped off at the Liberty Stadium.
Suso (4) - Didn't do too much and perhaps not enough to be part of Brendan's plan next season.
Jonjo Shelvey (4) - Same as Suso but more frustrating. Perhaps Swansea-bound as well.

Some comments about our subs:

Brad Jones - Looks likely to leave
Sebastian Coates - First out of the door in the summer
Martin Skrtel - Second out of the door in the summer

Andre Wisdom - Bit part role next season. Can see him leaving next January.
That's literally the most batshit insane post I've ever read on this forum. Congratulations.
 

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Joined
Jun 23, 2003
Messages
17,511
Mascot88 said:
That's literally the most batshit insane post I've ever read on this forum. Congratulations.
i think you'll find, quite sadly, its not.
 



lancashirelad

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
836
I'm sure @Mascott Liverbird1975 has posted worse than this,,,,, I normally skip them but as you highlighted it my friend I felt obliged to read it,

Now I'm sorry I did...
 

spizfromoz

Es maluco, filho da puta!
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
6,361
Watched the game after a couple of days and Newcastle were seriously poor, tired, lacking touch, uncertain where to go. Defensively, they played us onside so many times through poor discipline. Really, all we did was finish (unlike other games where we dominated and could not score over two seasons). We had fast enough forwards who broke into channels that exploited long balls. We on the other hand looked silly again in defence. Johnson did not look steady. We left holes in defence a few times and could've been punished, but weren't. Carragher's expression said it all at 37 min. Still think we need to sort out how to defend as a team, because this game did not show it. Games like this can easily mask problems. Great scoreline though.
 



liverbird1975

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
290
spizfromoz said:
Watched the game after a couple of days and Newcastle were seriously poor, tired, lacking touch, uncertain where to go. Defensively, they played us onside so many times through poor discipline. Really, all we did was finish (unlike other games where we dominated and could not score over two seasons). We had fast enough forwards who broke into channels that exploited long balls. We on the other hand looked silly again in defence. Johnson did not look steady. We left holes in defence a few times and could've been punished, but weren't. Carragher's expression said it all at 37 min. Still think we need to sort out how to defend as a team, because this game did not show it. Games like this can easily mask problems. Great scoreline though.
So much this. A spirited team like Stoke or Everton would have exploited this and we'll be on the wrong end of a 0-6 tonking.

The defence has been poor this season and our inept manager has not fixed it at all.
 

liverbird1975

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
290
Mascot88 said:
That's literally the most batshit insane post I've ever read on this forum. Congratulations.
lancashirelad said:
I'm sure @Mascott Liverbird1975 has posted worse than this,,,,, I normally skip them but as you highlighted it my friend I felt obliged to read it,

Now I'm sorry I did...
Let me know if you think the rest of the team deserve a higher rating, other than Coutinho. Debate and discuss.
 

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
7,014
Yes, Stoke, who were so near going into the relegation battle would have beaten us 6-0 had we played like we did at Newcastle.

Ridiculous.
 

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Joined
Oct 3, 2010
Messages
13,557
We've destroyed several teams this season, yet there always shit, can't work that out.

It was clinical finishing and neat passing that finished them, several managers have mentioned it this year when playing us, it was there worse defeat since 1924 sorry but that is a damning statistic.

Teams have fallen to bits and we have beaten them 3,4,5 nil this season, without Alex McCarthy the same would have happened at Reading a week or so ago.

For every bit as woeful as Newcastle were, Liverpool were excellent, for every bit of bad defending we captialised on it, you don't beat teams by turning up and you certainly don't beat them 6-0 by playing woefully as suggested.

Our worst performance was Southampton yet they were brilliant and we had no answer, it is labelled outplayed for a reason we outplayed Newcastle simple as that.
 

liverbird1975

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
290
mattyhurst said:
We've destroyed several teams this season, yet there always shit, can't work that out.

It was clinical finishing and neat passing that finished them, several managers have mentioned it this year when playing us, it was there worse defeat since 1924 sorry but that is a damning statistic.

Teams have fallen to bits and we have beaten them 3,4,5 nil this season, without Alex McCarthy the same would have happened at Reading a week or so ago.

For every bit as woeful as Newcastle were, Liverpool were excellent, for every bit of bad defending we captialised on it, you don't beat teams by turning up and you certainly don't beat them 6-0 by playing woefully as suggested.

Our worst performance was Southampton yet they were brilliant and we had no answer, it is labelled outplayed for a reason we outplayed Newcastle simple as that.
Pardew's tactical mistake and Newcastle's apparent lack of confidence and fight made us look good. If Perch had converted the sitter (see Jamie's facial expression), the game would have turned out different. They allowed us to destroy them. It won't happen with the Bitters, that's for sure.