• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
liverbird1975 said:
Pardew's tactical mistake and Newcastle's apparent lack of confidence and fight made us look good. If Perch had converted the sitter (see Jamie's facial expression), the game would have turned out different. They allowed us to destroy them. It won't happen with the Bitters, that's for sure.
Guessing you'll be first into the Everton post match thread if we lose.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
If this or that happened then....

If I had tea instead of coffee nothing would have changed, the only thing that would have changed the result on Saturday is if Liverpool had played like 11 strangers and Coutinho had played like Titi Camara.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
REDSkins said:
I loved this moment after Perch missed. That look on Jamie's face like "holy fuck man..."

His passion and commitment even at this age (an inch away from retirement) is an example for others to follow while wearing a red shirt.

We should check whether it is possible to use him in a defense coach role or something of that kind.

At least Carra waiting to kill them after a match can inspire(frighten) defenders to get their act together and do a better job.

liverbird1975

mattyhurst said:
If this or that happened then....
If I had tea instead of coffee nothing would have changed, the only thing that would have changed the result on Saturday is if Liverpool had played like 11 strangers and Coutinho had played like Titi Camara.
Coutinho played like Titi Camara last week against Chelski. The team played like 11 strangers for parts of the game against the Chelski and Saints. There are no ifs or buts about those.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
liverbird1975 said:
Coutinho played like Titi Camara last week against Chelski. The team played like 11 strangers for parts of the game against the Chelski and Saints. There are no ifs or buts about those.
So if you can factually criticized the player's performance in those matches we are bad in which I agree, then why cant you factually praise performances? Just as bad they were last week, we were fantastic in the 6-0 drubbing. Nothing wrong with picking up areas to improve in a 6-0 drubbing, but thats different from saying that our performance sucks even in winning 6-0.

liverbird1975

gasband said:
So if you can factually criticized the player's performance in those matches we are bad in which I agree, then why cant you factually praise performances? Just as bad they were last week, we were fantastic in the 6-0 drubbing. Nothing wrong with picking up areas to improve in a 6-0 drubbing, but thats different from saying that our performance sucks even in winning 6-0.
Where, on Jupiter's Balls, did I say that our performance sucks? Did I not praise Coutinho? Did I not say that he is the new Kop hero in waiting? In my book, fantastic is giving any of the top four clubs a spanking. Hasn't happened yet and won't happen under Brendan.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
liverbird1975 said:
Where, on Jupiter's Balls, did I say that our performance sucks? Did I not praise Coutinho? Did I not say that he is the new Kop hero in waiting? In my book, fantastic is giving any of the top four clubs a spanking. Hasn't happened yet and won't happen under Brendan.
As I said in another thread, its ok to have opinions. But your continuous assertion of your opinions as facts is tiring. So I respectfully withdraw from any more discussions with you but please continue to contribute to the forum :)

liverbird1975

gasband said:
As I said in another thread, its ok to have opinions. But your continuous assertion of your opinions as facts is tiring. So I respectfully withdraw from any more discussions with you but please continue to contribute to the forum :)
Refuted your arguments with questions and you didn't answer any of them.

And isn't this a forum for opinions, no?

But please continue to contribute to the forum. :)

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
I thought the player ratings were a bit harsh like!!

We spanked newcastle and the whole team steeped up to the plate and decalred to the league we are not a one man band. Players like Henderson and Downing who i have criticised at times this year had really good games. Sturridge looked the part in attack taking his goals well and the wee man Coutinho was world class, his ability to thread a pass through defence makes it look so easy. I suppose it is easy when you have his vision and technique.

Its frustrating that after a few 0-0's we manage to thump Newcastle by six but next season is our chance to put things right more often. we definitely need to lose less obviosuly, but the 0-0 draws after a few good wins are just as bad as a loss. Lets finish strongly and see what calibre of player we can attract. Excited about the summer window.

Overall very happy with the team performance. Clean sheet, dominant midfield and six goals leaves me a very happy camper.

YNWA

jabu

TIA New Signing
great couple of days after messed up week.... we totally killed newcastle, my new favourite player coutinho dominated, the FA embarrassed its self twice (awards and suarez), my aves FINALLY fired sacco and erly this morning my aves won the draft to pick number one and probably select the first ever african american or person of color to ever go first in the NHL draft... VERY GOOD FEW DAYS THIS!!!

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Sunderlands result last night emphasises how poor Newcastle are at the moment. Yes we were good but they were awful.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
liverbird1975 said:
(...)

The defence has been poor this season and our inept manager has not fixed it at all.
You get an infraction point for this. You're entitled to your opinion, but repeatedly calling BR names in this thread and in others is nothing else than attention-seeking wummery.

liverbird1975 said:
And yet, BR has signed Coutinho, but you'll probably have missed that tiny fact...

liverbird1975

Hope in your heart said:
You get an infraction point for this. You're entitled to your opinion, but repeatedly calling BR names in this thread and in others is nothing else than attention-seeking wummery.

And yet, BR has signed Coutinho, but you'll probably have missed that tiny fact...

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
liverbird1975 said:
For Coutinho, we have Sahin, Allen and Borini. Soon to come, Ashley Williams.
Sahin is a brillant player, yet it didn't work out for him at LFC, for whatever reasons. Allen and Borini: jury still out. Both have the potential to make you eat your words. Hopefully they'll achieve exactly that.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
liverbird1975 said:
For Coutinho, we have Sahin, Allen and Borini. Soon to come, Ashley Williams.
I will bite it.

Allen was good in Lucas's role during the initial part though he faded away. They are citing a long term minor injury for that. He can still come back and be good for us. If Lucas and he can develop an understanding, it could be good for us. Don't forget that the fight for place between Hendo and him is what is helping to Hendo to improve a lot. Reverse can become true and Allen can improve immensely.

Borini has the poacher's instinct and had almost half the season injured. He is still very young and hopefully come good.

Ashley wiliams - I am also furious on that. But it has not happened and I hope that the transfer committee does weigh up all other options before taking this decision.

Lastly there is not a single man in the world who has not made a mistake. Its learning from those mistakes that matters. Jan shows us that BR and other in the club have learned something. Lets see whether they impress us in the summer also. But to me looks like they are doing a lot of work. Previously we always start our work after the window opens. Its quite possible that in 1/2 weeks after the window has opened, we would have already signed a couple of very promising players.

Johnny T.

Still Grumpy....
If Perch had scored.......

Liverpool had at least 3 other serious chances to score, could have ended 9-1. Too many ifs and buts. We won 6-0. Everybody did their job including and especially the new Titi Camara.
Liverbird1975, great to express your view, but at least acknowledge our best performance of the season.

liverbird1975

The Elusive 19th said:
I will bite it.

Allen was good in Lucas's role during the initial part though he faded away. They are citing a long term minor injury for that. He can still come back and be good for us. If Lucas and he can develop an understanding, it could be good for us. Don't forget that the fight for place between Hendo and him is what is helping to Hendo to improve a lot. Reverse can become true and Allen can improve immensely.

Borini has the poacher's instinct and had almost half the season injured. He is still very young and hopefully come good.

Ashley wiliams - I am also furious on that. But it has not happened and I hope that the transfer committee does weigh up all other options before taking this decision.

Lastly there is not a single man in the world who has not made a mistake. Its learning from those mistakes that matters. Jan shows us that BR and other in the club have learned something. Lets see whether they impress us in the summer also. But to me looks like they are doing a lot of work. Previously we always start our work after the window opens. Its quite possible that in 1/2 weeks after the window has opened, we would have already signed a couple of very promising players.
Allen is too lightweight to be a DM. He has not impressed me with his passes either (more so during the later stages of the season). We need a midfield enforcer, not someone who looks he can be nudged off the ball at the slightest touch.

Borini? I've asked many times. Did he pull up trees at Chelski, Swansea and Roma? He is too lightweight and injury-prone for a 11-million pound striker.

Yes. Everyone makes mistakes. But with a full season almost under his belt, has Brendan learnt or ratified the mistakes he made? He hasn't fixed our defence. He has made very questionable tactical mistakes throughout this season. He is not the man for the job. The club, in this precarious position, cannot afford to have a manager still learning his ropes. We have and we'll suffer the worse for it.

liverbird1975

Johnny T. said:
If Perch had scored.......
Liverpool had at least 3 other serious chances to score, could have ended 9-1. Too many ifs and buts. We won 6-0. Everybody did their job including and especially the new Titi Camara.
Liverbird1975, great to express your view, but at least acknowledge our best performance of the season.
Newcastle made us look good. It's a decent performance, but nothing to shout about in my book.

A good performance would be knocking the stuffing out of the Bitters by a 5-0 scoreline this weekend. Can Brendan achieve this? I won't be holding my breath.

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
liverbird1975 said:
Newcastle made us look good. It's a decent performance, but nothing to shout about in my book.

A good performance would be knocking the stuffing out of the Bitters by a 5-0 scoreline this weekend. Can Brendan achieve this? I won't be holding my breath.
I thought we outplayed Newcastle to be fair...from start to finish.

I think you are only trying to bait us into replying and not really trying to have a sensible debate. Just my 20 cents.

liverbird1975

SUPER PORK CHOP said:
I thought we outplayed Newcastle to be fair...from start to finish.

I think you are only trying to bait us into replying and not really trying to have a sensible debate. Just my 20 cents.
Not start to finish. Watch the first ten minutes of the second half and ask yourself if we really outplayed the Toon.

I've been called names in here. How is that sensible in the first place?

Why are people still falling for this liverbird1975 fellow? You only had to read a couple of his posts to know he doesn't have much of a clue. lol

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
liverbird1975 said:
Not start to finish. Watch the first ten minutes of the second half and ask yourself if we really outplayed the Toon.
10 minutes..... What about the other 80 and even then the 10 we hardly looked like we were going ship hence why you keep bringing up the perch header that was before half time.

It was like some magical time in which we were awful which in actual fact it is someone clutching at straws trying to make out it wasn't a good performance because they can and never will be able to give Brendan credit, if he wins at the weekend you've already got the excuse in that he should win 5-0 doubt Everton has lost by that in years, the days of teams beating other teams in the top 6 regulary by rugby scores has gone, ok occasionally it has happened but it is not week in week out, if we beat Everton it will be a good result regardless.

Case in point the English champions for the last decade on and off have been great at scraping out results.

As for Sunderland beating Newcastle and then being beaten last night, Sunderland also beat Everton so its pointless making such a comparsion.

LeoT

liverbird1975 said:

There are always moments in any match in which one team will come out all guns blazing even if they have been outplayed for most of the match. Typically that time would be directly after a half time if losing at home.

The thing to do during that period is to stay focused, not over-commit men forward, keep your defensive shape, and then take any chance that presents itself to you without overcommiting men forward.

I think we got through that 10-15min storm and then did what was required to see Newcastle off.

Credit to Brendan.

LeoT

liverpool_singh said:
Why are people still falling for this liverbird1975 fellow? You only had to read a couple of his posts to know he doesn't have much of a clue. lol
I think he's someone who just sees things differently to (other) Liverpool fans.

AChik

I understand he's trolling, and that it's not worth replying. But just thought it was important to point out the last time we beat Everton 5-0 was in 1982, with one of the greatest strikers of all time netting 4. Not even Kenny managed that particular feat.

That being said, would be nice to have Rush back in our side. Used to have a picture of him wearing that old green/white chequered
Carlsberg away kit with pride of place on a shelf by my bed!

Johnny T.

Still Grumpy....
liverbird1975 said:
How may tams beat Everton 5-0 this season?? You know very little, and its showing??

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
liverbird1975 said:

You have watched football before right. No team dominates for 90 minutes. Utd won the League and they also give up chances to opposition teams. Get your head on straight we were excellent our defence kept a clean sheet. We have the second best record of clean sheets in the league so that tells me we are doing something right.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I beat Everton 12 - 0 on Fifa 13, and that is the standard I shall be judging Rodgers by. If he cannot match my success, he should be fired

Achieving a result that has only been bettered once in the Premier League this season is nothing to write home about.