Post Match: Newcastle 2 Liverpool 2

ptt

2020, head of the table.
SoueysTash said:
Hoping Alberto has played himself into contention for the WBA game as the No 10. Unless, of course, Coutinho is back?
Cou hit the road running and became our pin up poster boy with exceptional vision and passing. Seems Alberto might be able to do the same. He did look very good :)

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
ptt said:
Cou hit the road running and became our pin up poster boy with exceptional vision and passing. Seems Alberto might be able to do the same. He did look very good :)
Dunno whether BR will give him a shot - if he plays Moses in the No 10 again I will be pissed off...It seems to take him a while to realise stuff, think Moses at the 10 should be clear now...

baxter

TIA Youth Team
alphakilo said:
I have a feeling Alberto just shot up in his estimation. But to be fair, Alberto was much more decisive and composed this game as compared to his previous outings. I do not think there was a better alternative to Moses in previous games, especially given his decent start to life here - he was at least willing to take risks and go for the jugular, whereas Alberto looked tentative in comparison. It's easy to say that in hindsight, Alberto should have started this game, but on merit Moses deserved it more. Can't say the same for the next game.

As for Henderson, Rodgers only had a returning Allen as an alternative. When Lucas and Coutinho return next week I think you'll find Henderson isn't guaranteed a place as much as you think.
Exactly, Henderson has been guaranteed to start because we have had no one else with Allen, Coutinhon and Johnson injured. With Lucas being banned who else was going to start?

Henderson is still playing well and shouldn't be used as a scapegoat. I think Moses playing time will be lowered once Cou comes back.