• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Newcastle v Liverpool (EPL 26/7/20 4pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Williams [off 85']

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomez

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Van Dijk [GOAL 38’]

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • Robertson

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Milner

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Wijnaldum

• Keita [off 85']

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 64']

• Minamino [off 64']

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Origi [GOAL 59', off 64']

• Salah [on 64']

• Firmino [on 64']

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Mane [on 64', GOAL 89']

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Jones [on 85’]

• Alexander-Arnold [on 85’]

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Incognito

The Normal One
Excellent season comes to an end. And this was yet again one of our typical this season victory, conceding one early, then dominating and easily winning in the end. Happy for Divock, was a brilliant strike and Taki looked good. Mane is scary good, easily one of the top 3 players this season!

Onto next season, it will be difficult moving from being indifferent throughout the last few games with the title being in the bag to worrying about 3 points! :sneaky:

Danny_

Our front 3 are just so good. We got a reminder again of the drop off in quality though if they are not playing. Oirigi, I just don't know. I think that despite the goal, we should try to sell him at this point. He's a good striker for a mid table team. He's not good enough for us.

Alright Now

Our front 3 are just so good. We got a reminder again of the drop off in quality though if they are not playing. Oirigi, I just don't know. I think that despite the goal, we should try to sell him at this point. He's a good striker for a mid table team. He's not good enough for us.
You’d have to take out more than just that goal to say he hasn’t been good enough for us. He’s done the job on more than one occasion.

shankly96

I post gifs... occasionally
3 great goals

Div is every bit as frustrating as a teenage crush. He slows the play down completely when hes on the ball, seems to get in the way of passes, misplace his own passes, but then pulls a banger out of thin air to remind you why you love him.

99 points and joint win record, would definitely have been better had the break not happened, but gives the 100 to aim for next season. Think we'll benefit in the long run from not playing european football next month, our title rivals will be playing for a year straight with no break and towards the arse end of next season this will affect them, while we have a nice rest to sleep off the hangover.

jabu

TIA New Signing
Its been a great great season and a great privilege to share it with all of you... thanks to our admin, Mascott, Hope and all the others. We are in seriously trying times with this covid thing and this forum is a welcome respite for a couple hours. So all you and your families, please stay safe and blessed... SEE YOU ALL ON THE OTHER SIDE PUNKS!!!

Incognito

The Normal One
We were winning before they came on though. Also there's absolutely no way can we have a squad when all our front 3 will be changed and there'll not be some drop in quality.

Hammanbags

Finally, the curtain falls on the weirdest season ever.
The only story that matters here is that WE DID IT !!!
Been a LOOOOONNNG arse wait but we did it.....

Feared the worst when the Mags took that early lead - but then I remembered we are special !!
...and then the lads reminded me why !

Keita....gotta be honest...couldn't see what the fuss was when he came to us....but the last few games he has been awesome - looking forward to seeing him more and more.

A couple of off days all season is ok isn't ?

This victory has been brought to me by 6 bottles of Sierra Nevada Pale...Cheers all - To next season !!!!!!!!!

FGred

Mind boggling season really enjoyed every bit of it despite fate conspiring against us like COVID-19 and VAR but we had these moments in the last 30 years huge monkey off our back to win the league so comprehensively and to all the detractors and the void and asterisk brigade we will look forward to annoying you even more starting 12 sept thanks to all the mods and all the members who have managed to stay civil with each other mainly thanks to this wonderful team made us enjoy what they served and finally thanks ever so much to Herr Klop and his staff for keeping the players focused for so long. YNWA

Red Armada

TIA Regular
We've been in holiday mode for weeks and yet this was one of the most comfortable away wins. The gulf in quality even when we aren't really bothered is stupendous.

On a sidenote, Bruce was right to say that Newcastle deserve better than finishing in the lower mid-table positions. He doesn't realise though that he isn't the manager to do that. They get a first minute lead out of nowhere against a team mentally on the beach and this is the best they can do? Utterly pathetic.

Last edited:

RodM

Having rather written this fixture off I rather enjoyed it. VVD as MotM. Not much more to add but here's to next season. We will probably see who, if anyone, we will sign over the next couple of weeks but as it stands I don't think we are looking for first choice upgrades, just backup when needed.

Enjoy the summer, folks.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Great to finish the season with a win, but always sad the last game of the season, but being Champions certainly makes up for it.

Roll on the start of the new season, or at least the Community Shield.

phil smith

Nice to see Keita start to show what he’s about. Bit of a shock opening but just one of those things. Newcastle just hung on for grim death for the next 91 minutes. Our class pulled us through and after the big three came on we could have doubled the score.
Gave Milly my MOM as he is such a great example to the youngsters with his approach in all aspects of the game. Nice way to finish an unbelievable season. Well done to the lads, the Boss and all the people concerned. See you all in a couple of weeks.