Post match: Newcastle v Liverpool EPL (4/5/2019 7.45pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • Lovren (off 86’)

• Van Dijk (GOAL 13’)

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Robertson

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Wijaldum (off 66’)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henderson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Salah (GOAL 27’, off 73’)

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Sturridge

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Mane

• Shaqiri (on 66’)

• Origi (on 73’, GOAL 86’)

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Milner (on 86’)

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

RedYank

Just in case no one understands @RedYank , money is the same as clutch.
I actually had the word "nails" ready to go, but thought that might be too frightening. :-)

Sorry, everyone, for the overuse of American sports media-inspired colloquialisms. Money=clutch=rises-to-the-challenge-on-a-regular-basis! :well done:

Still looking for my regular heartbeats. What a match!

Noo Noo

yeah the geordies were really up for it , have to say that crowd is worth a goal for them , they have a limited team ,and deserve better the owner is the meanest in the premier league , we got lucky they scored first goal or it was a,pen and we are down to 10 men for most of the game, and the winner came from a shocking dive , really embarrasing , we should be winning against a honest hard working but very ordinary team much easier than that with the talent in the team
I need to see it again but I did think Fabinho was fouled before he went down.

A case of Fabinho making sure he got the free kick as we have seen others do to us all too often.

But I do need to see it again

RedLar

So you expect us not to get the result against barca if you think mo will be on holidays in 10 days time

(and also despite the fact that isn't the African nations cup on this summer)
Barca is Tuesday. Forgot the final was outside my 10 day window. Yikes! Perhaps I am treating the final as part of his hols. Perhaps I am not a mobile calendar. Perhaps ANC I am not arsed about.

Last edited:

Noo Noo

Morning after the night before and all that, I think my blood pressure has about returned to normal. Breath taking, pure and simple, breath taking. Like most, I know Im probably a bit too hard on the players during games, more so the televised ones than when Im actually in the ground.

It's nice to know that yet again, teams go eyeballs out against us and roll over for city although in Newcastle's case, they at least put city to the sword. I sincerely hope both Leicester and Brighton make life as tough for city as they did for us in the relevant fixtures.

Had a look at a couple of Toon forums. Blimey, one of their so called most popular forum's match thread was a massive 6 pages long and that included pre and post match comments! Also read a few of their 'Anyone but Liverpool' comments. Really is incredible the number of fans who do not like us. They drag up allsorts of reasons from we're not a big club, spent like city and chelsea have done recently when we dominated in the 70's and 80s and of course, the 'We'll never hear the last of it' if we do win it. Some of those people need to concentrate on their own club a bit more, Id say.
Ferguson did his job well. He's got the fans of every club saying stuff like that.

Sadly though we don't help ourselves some of the time.

LFCFFC

Fuck, this is just ridiculous now. This squad absolutely refuses to concede defeat. Fighting right to the bitter end and I couldn't be prouder.

We've taken it right down the final day, which is more than we could've asked for in the face of a grotesquely doped opponent.

Yet again, they boys have done their bit. Let's see what happens next Sunday.

Last edited:

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.

A case of Fabinho making sure he got the free kick as we have seen others do to us all too often.

Here you go:

Perhaps the linesman got tired of ritchie pushing, shoving, and kicking out? Anyway, makes up for the pen we didn't get for the foul on Sadio.

Alright Now

I actually had the word "nails" ready to go, but thought that might be too frightening. :-)

Sorry, everyone, for the overuse of American sports media-inspired colloquialisms. Money=clutch=rises-to-the-challenge-on-a-regular-basis! :well done:

Still looking for my regular heartbeats. What a match!
Curious if you will be visiting your dentist Monday and Tuesday? Seems like back to back days may be difficult on the gums.

William Clarke

redshirt

It was a soft award but Ritchie was all over him, as he had been with Mo, so it was a genuine free kick to us. Ha, you watch how the media try to call Fab for going down too easily. It was a free kick to us, nuff said.

Dane

NEXT!
Morning after the night before and all that, I think my blood pressure has about returned to normal. Breath taking, pure and simple, breath taking. Like most, I know Im probably a bit too hard on the players during games, more so the televised ones than when Im actually in the ground.

It's nice to know that yet again, teams go eyeballs out against us and roll over for city although in Newcastle's case, they at least put city to the sword. I sincerely hope both Leicester and Brighton make life as tough for city as they did for us in the relevant fixtures.

Had a look at a couple of Toon forums. Blimey, one of their so called most popular forum's match thread was a massive 6 pages long and that included pre and post match comments! Also read a few of their 'Anyone but Liverpool' comments. Really is incredible the number of fans who do not like us. They drag up allsorts of reasons from we're not a big club, spent like city and chelsea have done recently when we dominated in the 70's and 80s and of course, the 'We'll never hear the last of it' if we do win it. Some of those people need to concentrate on their own club a bit more, Id say.
Was speaking to a Newcastle fan in the boozer next to the ground after the game last night.
He asked me if I thought VVD was the best centre half in the world, I said right now there is no-one better.
He disagreed, so I asked him to name one.

Jamaal Lascelles he said.
He also reckons Klopp couldn't have kept Newcastle in the league this season :shocked:

William Clarke

redshirt
Was speaking to a Newcastle fan in the boozer next to the ground after the game last night.
He asked me if I thought VVD was the best centre half in the world, I said right now there is no-one better.

He also reckons Klopp couldn't have kept Newcastle in the league this season :shocked:
:think: How much had he drunk? Sounds as though he was off his face - the numpty.

Flobs

FADA
This week's competition - Please complete the following in five words or less:

"This isn't a foul because..."

Answers please in Braille on the back of an used £10 note ...
Kung Fu is allowed in English PL just ask Kompany. The only requirement is that the player attacked ends up on the ground injured. :unhappy:

Redopium

Did he offer you any drugs? lol

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
I reckon it may have been when he landed. You can see his head just flick back. Hit the turf. Do they have mandatory HIA or concussion rules in football? Something tells me they do not.
Yeah, think they do. Depends on the test results after he’s taken off. The one bit of hope though is that he walked out of the ground and back on to the team bus. Don’t think that would have happened if he had a concussion.

Red over the water

Morning after, heroic effort by the team to give their all and get three points.

As for Newcastle, they did what they needed to do to try to win it. They closed the quality gap with rough play. It’s a tactic as old as the hills and I don’t blame them for it. At that point it’s on the ref to sort out, and he didn’t. So we had to dig extra deep for the three points, which makes it all so pleasing.

There was no way Rafa was going to roll over and hand us the points. Full credit to him, and also nobody watching that could say there was the remotest chance of foul play on that score. Newcastle gave their all. We got the points.

Their player Ayoze looks a bit too good for them, at least the current version of Newcastle. Not sure if he’s good enough for us, but he has quality, and puts himself about a bit.

Maria

This week's competition - Please complete the following in five words or less:

"This isn't a foul because..."

Answers please in Braille on the back of an used £10 note ...
If this is not a foul, its GBH, (grievous bodily harm) with intent, which carries a life sentence in prison. :-)

dockers_strike

you actually search for another clubs forum, spend time analysing it then post a lengthy riposte , then end it with some people need to concentrate on their own club more
I actually have a great affinity with Newcastle having lived there for a number of years so STFU if you dont mind and dont tell me what I should and shouldnt be doing.