• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Post Match: Norwich v Liverpool (15/2/2020 5.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 74 55.2%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Gomez

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Henderson

Votes: 65 48.5%
  • Wijnaldum [off 60’]

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Keita [off 84’]

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Salah

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Firmino

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 60’]

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Mane [on 60’, GOAL 76’]

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Fabinho [on 60’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milner [on 84’]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commando

Ad-free Member
Poor Blueloonies... how much more of this can they take?

Joking aside, Mane's goal for me shouldn't have stood, although we were the better side and we did deserve the three points based on the balance of play.

Henderson was sensational again, along with Mane and Firmino of course. Alisson as well, what a luxury it is to have him.

Anyway, 15 to go.
On first viewing I thought that Sadio pushed the defender. Watching the replays, I realised that there was nothing in it. I didn’t celebrate until after VAR confirmed it.

Was a goalkeeper in his youth. Or was that one of the recent Popes?

Pope John Paul 2nd, As was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Don’t know about Einstein though.

No Sadio, Thank You.

Alright Now

So... checked into beach resort in Egypt. Quietly confident 'somwhere' will show the game.. Salah n all.

The bloody beauts have a 60ft screen on pillars n shit by the pool. What a result - game, beers and dinner combo.

20 mins in they switch to fecking Bundesliga- Monchengladbach match. Absolute uproar. 4 mins later we are back on. Riot avoided.

Same bollocks 10 mins later. This time Mr Senior Manager comes screenside with a pissed up German (just one), proper sloshed. Said German points finger at everyone and says 'youu go 'nother barrrrrr'. Def bribery has taken place.

Anyway I didnt join second riot. Retired to dinner and then room early. We are a party of 16, they all think Im in a pointless mood.

Back in room. Flick channels aimlessly, low and behold channel 75893 showing the game. Egyptian commentary but fuck it beggars cant be choosers. 20 mins to go.

Mané on the money. Happy days. Bacardi Gold and coke on repeat.

I don't know anything else about the match.

#FiveMoreWins
I just knew you would come through with a good post this season. Never doubted you.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Man U cant reach our current points total now. Its Mid Feb. Mid Feb.

This is all going to be done in a month or so. I didn't think we did it like this.
Jurgen is just boss - how he analysed the game. How he spoke about City. What a man.
And even Sadio so unaware of his 100 goals - thanking the reporter for it?

Anyway, we always have a shit game after any type of break - perfect warm up for Madrid. Wanda Metropolitano - such good memories.

StrongINTheAir

The voice of reason
to quote the commentator on NBC SN....

"Liverpool have now taken 76 points out of 78, its bordering on ridiculous now"

couldn't have said it better myself,

what a time to be a Liverpool fan....
The best way I heard it put, and this was 8-10 wins ago already mind you, is “if you were doing what LFC were doing in a video game, you’d be mad because it was too unrealistic.”

rupzzz

TIA Regular
As usual after a break, they were a bit off, but as usual they worked their arses off and walked away with 3 points.

Really strong bench today was pleasing to see as we come in towards the end of the season.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Best thing what I could say about this match is 3 points, a step closer towards winning the PL.

Oh, Becker MotM.

StrongINTheAir

The voice of reason

Not too shoddy a ball from NBCSN’s Mr “not so super talented.”
Which NBCSN you watching? I’ve been hearing them dote on him for quite awhile now. At halftime LaSaux said he wanted to spend ten minutes in the 2nd half talking about one of his favorite players:Hendo. Then Hendo did this pass and he said. “I’ll just let his play speak for himself.” Then when he got the assist to Mane he said “and the pass from ‘MY MAN’ Henderson”

Alright Now

Which NBCSN you watching? I’ve been hearing them dote on him for quite awhile now. At halftime LaSaux said he wanted to spend ten minutes in the 2nd half talking about one of his favorite players:Hendo. Then Hendo did this pass and he said. “I’ll just let his play speak for himself.” Then when he got the assist to Mane he said “and the pass from ‘MY MAN’ Henderson”
Transpired this morning on the pre-match show.

StrongINTheAir

The voice of reason

This is all going to be done in a month or so. I didn't think we did it like this.
Jurgen is just boss - how he analysed the game. How he spoke about City. What a man.

Anyway, we always have a shit game after any type of break - perfect warm up for Madrid. Wanda Metropolitano - such good memories.
My 14 year old LFC fanatic daughter said she saw a meme yesterday that said, “Congrats on winning the 2025 title Man U. Welcome back to the Premier League”
We loved it!

StrongINTheAir

The voice of reason

And the beauty of it is twofold: our unprecedented dominance on a Biblical scale, and their horrific deterioration on a zombie apocalypse scale

Alright Now

I got that DVRed and only saw the part about Jurgen getting his glasses broke after Lallana winner there last time.
When was it? During the individual starting XI breakdown?
Not sure on the exact timing. It was when they were reviewing each player during warm ups. I posted that quote right as they said it: was either Martino or Mustoe.