Post Match: Norwich v Liverpool (15/2/2020 5.30pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 74 55.2%
  • Alexander-Arnold

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Gomez

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Van Dijk

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Robertson

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Henderson

Votes: 65 48.5%
  • Wijnaldum [off 60’]

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Keita [off 84’]

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Salah

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Firmino

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain [off 60’]

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Mane [on 60’, GOAL 76’]

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Fabinho [on 60’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milner [on 84’]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
I cant stop watching the Firmino to Gini no look pass @ 12:40 - stunning piece of artwork
I cant stop watching Becker stopping the pass for a certain goal
I wish Norwich could stay up - so much more enjoyable to watch than a bunch of other teams
I was dozing off during the mstch, which minute was the Alisson save? I need to drink espresso coffee next time.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
The weather made it lot trickier than we made it look especially how we play,thought we did alright without Mane but what a fucking player he is to come on and instantly made an impact,the blonde girl for Norwich kept getting blown over and getting free kicks was annoying as fuck,what an incredible season.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Watched the game at about 2am in the morning. Hope the lackadaisical performance last night was due to rustiness and weather condition more than anything else. Our next opponent at Atheletico is a different animal altogether... should we tweak our starting 11 by bringing in Minamino?
Nah.

Mane and Fabinho will probably come in for Keita and Chamberlain and that's it.

I doubt Minamino will make the bench.

Honestly, I don't think the team will be rotated much before the next break. The only games I can see us making some changes are Chelsea and Bournemouth, where I'd expect a smattering of first teamers in each team but some squad players too.

phil smith

For any of you who thought that Sadio’s goal should have been disallowed for brushing off their defender what would you call that assault on VVD in the middle of the second half when two of the Norwich defenders pulled him to the ground from one of our corners. How VAR can let things like that go is beyond me. Thought the ref had a diabolical game today and let their defenders get away with all sorts of antics.
For us I thought we were pretty solid at the back. Henderson carried on with his top form he showed before the break. Naby and Gino did ok. Firmino had a good first half but faded after the break. Mo and the Ox tried hard but didn’t really get anywhere. Mane showed how important he is for us and we really picked up going forward when he came on.
Gave Henderson my MOM for another top class performance.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Another tough one,Norwich took it up to us,fair play to them.
However,again we did enough to win with Sadio’s cracking goal,bit hard for anyone to catch us now. MOTM Hendo.everywhere again,he’s having a hell of a season!

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
We were definitely not at our best, but overall we deserved the win.

Clearly the winter break and the adverse weather conditions affected our game. We were sluggish and there were far too many wayward passes.

However we shouldn't underestimate the impact of sewer [email protected], the man in the middle. Please can any of our resident brabeuphiles* explain why a penalty was not awarded for either of these two incidents?

*lover of umpires

Red over the water

The wrestling one above is a very obvious penalty, missed by the ref. An error that VAR should have picked up. The push that knocks VVD off balance as he tries to head it would have been a soft penalty, but it was more of a foul than the lighter push that Mane did for the goal.

Good clip, thanks for sharing.

Red over the water

Just want to comment the day after about our classy manager. They asked him about Man City (twice!) and while it is fair game for fans to have a laugh, he was classy and respectful of his colleagues in his comments.

He had nothing but praise for the great football Guardiola has brought, and nothing but praise for the Man City players. Crucially, he also said that we have to play by the rules, and the football people do their job while the people above them do their job.

I saw Jurgen drawing a line that will help his rival, and friend, Guardiola, should Pep decide to move on this summer. Klopp was basically saying the football people have done their job, but they've been let down by the people above them. He referenced the appeal, but I thought his comments were straight out of the manager's union handbook. He stood by football people, which was nice to see. It's why he is so loved and respected - there's more reasons than that, of course, but it was nice to see our manager act with class about the whole thing.

Fans can laugh, obviously. But the manager has sympathy for his colleagues.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Smug, blasé and complacent yet?
Maybe us fans a bit but not those boys. There are still a minimum of 15 times that someone could take what's ours away from us. Our three points, our champions of Europe title, or the chance of their young lives for some of the kids.
Norwich players on the day deserve a lot of credit. Their home advantage was minimised by the travelling Kop and their better knowledge of this particular pitch's condition and dimensions made moot by the wind. Hats off to their manager too. That Lemmy look-a-like.
I KNEW he reminded me of someone!
The Ace of Spades!

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
No amazing heartstopping headturning saves from him.
Every save he did are so routine and boring.
Alisson out! ;):giggle::D

ps. As an aside, since we in all likelihood will be crowned champions at least 2 months ahead of anticipated date, will you be considering bringing your wedding forward? :)
Haha, yes my friend. It's just 3 weeks away!
I will be missing the Merseyside derby , return leg of UCL.
:confused:
My fiancee has got me liverpool merchandise from dublin and I'm excited like a kid to unpack them.
She has warned me though, no liverpool kit during the wedding. what a bummer!!

FGred

We were definitely not at our best, but overall we deserved the win.

Clearly the winter break and the adverse weather conditions affected our game. We were sluggish and there were far too many wayward passes.

However we shouldn't underestimate the impact of sewer [email protected], the man in the middle. Please can any of our resident brabeuphiles* explain why a penalty was not awarded for either of these two incidents?

*lover of umpires
I have noticed in a few of the previous away matches that they are doing the same thing preventing VVD from heading the ball at corners with 2 players assigned to push him or wrestle him down no free-kick nor penalties were given even worse refs don’t even bother referring to VAR to check
yesterday the commentator of the highlights on MOTD noticed it and hesitantly mentioned it but moved on very quickly VVD was protesting mildly and even Klopp didnt complain to the touch line official?

Alright Now

I cant stop watching the Firmino to Gini no look pass @ 12:40 - stunning piece of artwork
I cant stop watching Becker stopping the pass for a certain goal
I wish Norwich could stay up - so much more enjoyable to watch than a bunch of other teams
And watching it live, I thought Bobby had gotten lucky after mis-hitting it. My football knowledge shining through again.

Commando

Ad-free Member
You need to look at the whole picture...these shoes :unsure: :sick::censored:

The weather made it lot trickier than we made it look especially how we play,thought we did alright without Mane but what a fucking player he is to come on and instantly made an impact,the blonde girl for Norwich kept getting blown over and getting free kicks was annoying as fuck,what an incredible season.
It turns out that she has a sister who,plays for the ev.

big noyd

just a sublime goal, turn was reminiscent of his goal at bayern

keita was quite positive, but the final ball wasn't there--sadio keeps wider than ox in that left wing position, and keita seemed to link up better after the sub

gomez was superb once again, and alisson is the best keeper itw

jaffod

Just want to comment the day after about our classy manager. They asked him about Man City (twice!) and while it is fair game for fans to have a laugh, he was classy and respectful of his colleagues in his comments.

He had nothing but praise for the great football Guardiola has brought, and nothing but praise for the Man City players. Crucially, he also said that we have to play by the rules, and the football people do their job while the people above them do their job.

I saw Jurgen drawing a line that will help his rival, and friend, Guardiola, should Pep decide to move on this summer. Klopp was basically saying the football people have done their job, but they've been let down by the people above them. He referenced the appeal, but I thought his comments were straight out of the manager's union handbook. He stood by football people, which was nice to see. It's why he is so loved and respected - there's more reasons than that, of course, but it was nice to see our manager act with class about the whole thing.

Fans can laugh, obviously. But the manager has sympathy for his colleagues.
I wonder if the Spanish hypocrite would be so graceful if the boot was on the other foot? I think not.

Red over the water

I wonder if the Spanish hypocrite would be so graceful if the boot was on the other foot? I think not.
Just a couple of weeks ago Guardiola was bleating on about something Scudamore said in their 100 point season. Basically he let himself down and his words just seemed so small. He sounded like one of the patrons of Blue Moon, not the manager. Pep has got form for being a bit snide in his comments sometimes... which makes me all the happier that Klopp is our man.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Just a couple of weeks ago Guardiola was bleating on about something Scudamore said in their 100 point season. Basically he let himself down and his words just seemed so small. He sounded like one of the patrons of Blue Moon, not the manager. Pep has got form for being a bit snide in his comments sometimes... which make me all the happier that Klopp is our man.
I agree with you on this and your previous post. Klopp is very gracious in defeat and in victory. He will always be on the side of football managers and players.

I am wondering what Mourinho, Rodgers and Lampard would say if asked the same question. Most probably stick up for the football managers I think.