Post Match: Porto v Liverpool (UCL 17/4/19 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • Alexander-Arnold [off 66’]

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Matip

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Van Dijk [GOAL 85’]

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Robertson [off 70’]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabinho

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Milner

• Wijnaldum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mane [GOAL 28’]

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Salah [GOAL 65’]

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Origi [off 45’]

• Firmino [on 45’, GOAL 75’]

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Gomez [on 66’]

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Henderson [on 70’]

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red over the water

Once you are at the sharp end of the CL and fighting for the Prem title with a few games to go, you go all out for both, as best as you possibly can. This is why we support the team. This is why they play. These are the big games, the stuff that helps to define your career. We might end up with nothing. We might end up with the two biggest trophies in club football. Or something in between.

It’s a heck of a ride - thank you, you magnificent reds!

William Clarke

redshirt
I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but we have to play Newcastle away on the Sunday, 48hrs before the home game against Barcelona on the Tuesday.
Not exactly a level playing field.
Is it ever a level playing field? The FA (or is it English FA yet?) have never been of help to teams playing in European competitions, unlike some associations in Europe who bend over backwards to give their teams every possible help. I think the FA should rename themselves F All.

cynicaloldgit

Total Member
Just won to go through to the CL semis and I’m already nervous again. What a curious case of pathetic fun.
This is something that I simply don’t understand.

There are so many people here- and in real life- who get nervous or stressed by football matches. Why? You’re meant to enjoy the game, not drive yourself to an early grave worrying about it.

Alright Now

This is something that I simply don’t understand.

There are so many people here- and in real life- who get nervous or stressed by football matches. Why? You’re meant to enjoy the game, not drive yourself to an early grave worrying about it.
Enjoyment and nerves aren’t mutually exclusive. I hope that solves one of life’s great mysteries.

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
Not for Ajax.

The conventional wisdom is that being able to play the home game knowing what you need is a significant advantage.
Also, should it go that far, being able to play ET and take pens in your own stadium in front of your own fans.

First leg strategy simpler as well: keep it tight, try to get a goal.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Very late to the party, but boy is this is a great result!!! I wouldn't have dreamt of this in my wildest dreams, especially after the somewhat nervy first leg at Anfield. Couldn't see the game, but followed the end of the second half with the help of the in-match thread. That was quite entertaining to be fair, especially with the other game going totally nuts! :well done:

And now on to Barca, the super-favourites. Can we get past them too? Time will tell, but what a journey! A second CL semi-final coming so fast, who'd have thought it?

RedYank

On second look, that’s not bad for a little Liga match.
Large, noisy, stadiums impress we Americans too much as it were. I'm guilty of it! lol

My only experience in a European stadium, was many years ago. Ironically it was for an American football game--for the old World League of American Football (London had the Monarchs in that league). It was in Barcelona at their Montjuic Stadium--used that year in the Olympics. The place was filled to the top, noisy and chaotic. Not certain they were there for the football or the opportunity to demonstrate for Catalonian independence, but the fervor and intensity was remarkable. The Estrella Damm was flowing freely, probably adding to the mood.

Camp Nou has around 30k more seats than Montjuic. I was just thinking if the locals are as Damm-induced bonkers as they were when I was there, it would be a bit unnerving. Then again, I am not a hardened international competing group of professional footballers, so the gauge would certainly be different

Alright Now

Large, noisy, stadiums impress we Americans too much as it were. I'm guilty of it! lol

My only experience in a European stadium, was many years ago. Ironically it was for an American football game--for the old World League of American Football (London had the Monarchs in that league). It was in Barcelona at their Montjuic Stadium--used that year in the Olympics. The place was filled to the top, noisy and chaotic. Not certain they were there for the football or the opportunity to demonstrate for Catalonian independence, but the fervor and intensity was remarkable. The Estrella Damm was flowing freely, probably adding to the mood.

Camp Nou has around 30k more seats than Montjuic. I was just thinking if the locals are as Damm-induced bonkers as they were when I was there, it would be a bit unnerving. Then again, I am not a hardened international competing group of professional footballers, so the gauge would certainly be different
Time for you to sit with @Red_Jedi in the Kop :celebrating: