POST MATCH: PSG v Liverpool (UCL 28/11/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Lovren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Henderson

• Milner [GOAL 45 +1’, off 76’]

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Wijnaldum [off 65’]

• Salah

• Firmino [off 70’]

• Mane

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • Keita [on 65’]

• Sturridge [on 70’]

• Shaqiri [76’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Some people think the PSG shirt logo is unusual.

The see a basketball player about to make a slam dunk. But everyone is seeing it all wrong. Its a PSG player laying on the floor claiming a foul and reaching for the ball.

Type of team who I hate. Such talented players but with all the worst aspects of the game.

lfc.8

Terrible performance. Against the bigger teams this season too often the team has been found wanting. Midfield anonymous. Not enough quality. Just not good enough.

Refereeing was questionable to say the least.

Neukolln

I hate being a negative because I am a total homer and stepford, but Salah and Bobby were terrible bordering on embarrassing. Not even doing basic things right for their side. I am really disappointed in those two, specifically, because their mates needed them the most tonight.

EDIT: And Alisson my MOTM and it's not even close.

abcd

Am I right in thinking 1-0 will do v Napoli but otherwise it needs to be a win by 2 or more goals?

Poor performance all round. Midfield isn't up to it at this level. Mane Robertson and Alison the only positives.

Werder4life

The only thing that irks me tonight is losing to such a bunch of whining , playacting dive sissys - a shame we offered next to nothing offensivly tonight , to sent them straight into oblivion.
PSG - a team potentially capable of very good football resorting to the whole plethora of embarrasing antics to see the game through - at home. Pathetic.

They should wrap the Parc de prinse into a red cross tend and just present continued player treatment.

Allisson my Motm - otherwise nobody got me exited today. Nice to see Naby back. Wish he made the starting lineup. Sadio showed much spark all night. Unfortunately Bobby and Mo were miles off. Tacticly we tried the obvious to hesitant to often. To many inacurate passes and crosses. To many passes into feet instead of running channels. The weired ref performance didn't help either. Started dishing cards early on - than nothing else all game - especially not against PSG who got the most from rolling around at any given opportunity - disgusting.

Otherwise PSG defended well and didn't really offer much going forward - last season we would have hammered them - this season I'm starting to worry about our offensive performance.

Last edited:

Yo55arian22

Deservedly beaten. Didn't start the game well. Firmino out of form. Henderson and Wijnaldum not great in the middle. Mane and Salah tried but didn't have much creativity behind them to feed off.

Need another big Anfield performance against Napoli now.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
Don't blame PSG players diving, don't blame the referee, don't make excuses. We should've lost 3x0, 4x0 today. 2x1 was a bliss.

We have very mediocre midfielders at the moment with Gini, Milner and especialy Henderson. We need to sort our midfield out, otherwise our attack will stay like this: average at best.

I'd have started our midfield today with Fabinho instead of Henderson for sure, he knows PSG and french football and he is also a much better defender than Henderson. Also, Keita for sure instead of Gini, he is useless.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Against all opinion I though Hendo had a good 2nd half but we still need to change for a player like Veratti who can turn and run with the ball or produce a quality pass to beat the press.

Atm I feel the way to beat us is to press us as we don't have the quality to beat it

Red over the water

While this is frustrating, it’s only the third worst result we’ve had this season in Europe.

1. Loss in Belgrade the worst. That was borderline criminal.
2. Not getting something at Napoli was careless. A draw and it all looks so much better.
3. A loss in Paris against PSG, while gutting, is not as bad as the above two results.

We’ve got it all to do to go through and it will require one of those special nights under the floodlights at Anfield.

Still doable.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
A return to heavy metal full on geggenpressen football required if we are to get out of this group. Tactics and team selection has been poor for the last few European games. Worrying trend that is more than a coincidence.
On the positive...Alisson worth every penny....erm that’s it? :think:

Barry O'Connor

Money can buy lots of things but it sure as fuck can't buy you class. PSG a bad advertisement for football. We were just bad at football. For the 6 billionth time I will say this. Our midfield 3 are all good workers and good lads but not one starts for any top 4 team in any top league. Until we sort out that problem then we have major issues.

Sweeting

The disappointment is in the first 30 minutes - after that I thought we were OK.

Unfortunately we were playing a side who sensed us getting on top in the 2nd half and decided that there was no reason to play football anymore, so in essense the final 30 minutes didn't see any football played.

Situation is much the same for us though. Beat Napoli by 2 goals - we would had to do that anyway even if we got an equaliser, right?