POST MATCH: PSG v Liverpool (UCL 28/11/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Lovren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Henderson

• Milner [GOAL 45 +1’, off 76’]

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Wijnaldum [off 65’]

• Salah

• Firmino [off 70’]

• Mane

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • Keita [on 65’]

• Sturridge [on 70’]

• Shaqiri [76’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
It was more a throwaway remark but the point remains the same - until we toughen up / learn the dark arts etc we'll continue to be an easy mark. Most of us thought Keita and Fabinho would give us some nastiness but they're being mollycoddled at Melwood. I want to see the Klopp who got banned at Dortmund. I want to see the twitter hardman that is Lovren giving cheating cunts like Neymar something to genuinely whine about, like a broken fucking leg.
Compare those vile twats last night with Gomez who had real reason to roll about but didn't. Nice guys win nothing in today's game, if that's what it still is.
Ok enough now with this kind of calls please. Next time it's a point for you or anyone who goes on with this.

I thought this forum was OTT in terms of post match feelings....then I read this post on Football365 from Smiddy (the first one) - https://www.football365.com/news/auf-wiedersehen-jurgen-forget-psg-klopp-needs-his-p45

Holy fuck lollollollollollollollol
This is obviously a manc supporting cunt.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I have to admit, Inever imagined Ox injury would have such an effect. We haven't been able (yet) to get someone to be an attacking force in midfield while maintaining. In defending.
To be fair, it also took him until January to get it.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Another thing.. Firmino: has played 85 games since the start of 2017-18.. We really aren't doing him any favours by burning him out. The lack of rotational option for him is killing us imo.

Sturridge love him, but he is finished here as an option. Was a poor choice relying on him personally.
I think your being a little harsh on him mate. He's scored 4 goals in 12, of which only 4 have been starts, so he is really behind the 8-ball in terms of coming into the team and being settled as it is often can take time to get up to speed in a match when you come off the bench, especially if it is only getting a couple of minutes to run the clock down, which from memory seems to be Klopps' prefered time to bring Sturridge on.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
I honestly don't want to argue about this. But if I score 17 ,18, 19 ,20, 21 ,22 ,34, 17 ,18, 19 goals in my career am I a 30 goal a season striker or did I have 1 great season?
I understand your angle, but if you currently have scored 30 goals in your previous campaign?

Red Ted

Given the fact that he was being assaulted every time he touched the ball...
Bit of an exaggeration but yes he does often have defenders right up his arse nowadays, often though he will be static with his back to goal with defenders up his arse which doesn't help him or the team at all, he ball watches, he needs to be moving more to find space and dragging defenders out of position.

Red Eyes

Glass half empty:
Out of Carabao cup
Have lost all our CL away games
Napoli will probably score once
City have improved again, and are favourites for the PL
Struggled against the top teams in PL, even at home
Might be only playing for the FA cup this season
High intensity rock n roll football is tiring and hard to reproduce every week

Glass Half full:
Second and unbeaten in PL
Contenders for PL
Contenders for FA cup
Our CL destiny is still in our hands
First 15
Manager
Season by season progression under Klopp
Exciting youngsters coming through.
Anfield crowd
Gonna smash Everton

Yep, still all good overall phew

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
You can do as you wish. If you want to hope for another human being to come to physical harm, then go for it. Just don’t do it here. It isn’t welcome.
Completely agree of course but the best moment of the entire game for me was just before the end when Robertson ran over to the right hand side of the pitch just so he could kick Neymar. Good lad.

Red Ted

With Gini, Milner and Hendo in midfield, across 782 minutes of Football, we've managed a massive 13 shots on goal. Not on target, just 13 shots in fucking total.

That is absolutely fucking disgraceful. THe stats show those 3 don't work together, the results show those 3 don't work together. The naked fucking eye prove those 3 don't work together. So why on earth is Klopp continuing to select them? It is literally costing us matches and likely costing us any hope of the CL this season.
That is madness.

Wilkored08

Completely agree of course but the best moment of the entire game for me was just before the end when Robertson ran over to the right hand side of the pitch just so he could kick Neymar. Good lad.
Are we ever going to see yellow cards for the embarrassing performances shown last night...disgusting.

jaffod

You can do as you wish. If you want to hope for another human being to come to physical harm, then go for it. Just don’t do it here. It isn’t welcome.
Awful isn't it?

What do you think Verrati was doing last night? Enquiring after young Joe's health? Or Ramos in Kiev. "Hello Mr Karius, I've already put Mo out the game and ruined his World Cup, now I'm going to give you a concussion so you'll fuck up in front of a worldwide audience and leave your career in fucking ruins". Ask Origi what he thinks of Funes Mori. Think about Barclay, Williams etc.
Every fucking one of them had the same intention, to physically harm one of our players. Some were successful. So fuck them, and I'll fucking love it if they get what they deserve.

The biggest cheats in football are the biggest earners and play for clubs who get special treatment from the governing body,i'd bet my life that had Neymar been playing for us he'd be booked straight away but the difference is that i'd be calling for the card myself and be completely embarrassed,any decent governing body looking at it would do something about it and for me should be looked at as harshly as drug cheats as it's damaging the game as much.

jaffod

The biggest cheats in football are the biggest earners and play for clubs who get special treatment from the governing body,i'd bet my life that had Neymar been playing for us he'd be booked straight away but the difference is that i'd be calling for the card myself and be completely embarrassed,any decent governing body looking at it would do something about it and for me should be looked at as harshly as drug cheats as it's damaging the game as much.
Is right. Said it to a few people today, if I was a PSG fan I wouldn't go and watch that shite if you paid me.

Red Eyes

Glass half empty:
Out of Carabao cup
Have lost all our CL away games
Napoli will probably score once
City have improved again, and are favourites for the PL
Struggled against the top teams in PL, even at home
Might be only playing for the FA cup this season
High intensity rock n roll football is tiring and hard to reproduce every week

Glass Half full:
Second and unbeaten in PL
Contenders for PL
Contenders for FA cup
Our CL destiny is still in our hands
First 15
Manager
Season by season progression under Klopp
Exciting youngsters coming through.
Anfield crowd
Gonna smash Everton

Yep, still all good overall phew
Sad replying to you own post, but there is another 'glass half empty'.

The new Liverpool rap with John Barnes on the BBC sports web page - its shocking! The glass isn't half empty for this one... it is empty, dry and squeaky

Quagmire81

TIA Regular

The new Liverpool rap with John Barnes on the BBC sports web page - its shocking! The glass isn't half empty for this one... it is empty, dry and squeaky
There's a edit button for that mate so you don't scare people talking to yourself, and I'm gonna stear clear from that John Barnes rap. Anfield rap was enough for me lol

sms1986

You can't have a glass half or full empty, air fills it. :tongue:lol

Maria

Aww, I thought glass post was lovely, its not sad.:-):well done:
We are just a little bit confused at the moment. This is a long season and unpredictable one sometimes.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Awful isn't it?

What do you think Verrati was doing last night? Enquiring after young Joe's health? Or Ramos in Kiev. "Hello Mr Karius, I've already put Mo out the game and ruined his World Cup, now I'm going to give you a concussion so you'll fuck up in front of a worldwide audience and leave your career in fucking ruins". Ask Origi what he thinks of Funes Mori. Think about Barclay, Williams etc.
Every fucking one of them had the same intention, to physically harm one of our players. Some were successful. So fuck them, and I'll fucking love it if they get what they deserve.
And again, you can think what you like but two moderators have now told you you’ve crossed a line in the comments you’ve made, and if you continue to ignore us, you’re going to get a point. We’re being very tolerant on this, you’ve carried on after being told to stop, but you need to take our instructions on board or it’s a point. The last thing we’d want to do is give you points over that shower of cunts.

Maria

And again, you can think what you like but two moderators have now told you you’ve crossed a line in the comments you’ve made, and if you continue to ignore us, you’re going to get a point. We’re being very tolerant on this, you’ve carried on after being told to stop, but you need to take our instructions on board or it’s a point. The last thing we’d want to do is give you points over that shower of cunts.
Please forgive him, he doesn't mean it, he's frustrated, we are all (mostly) frustrated because of the theatrics by PSG. We need to vent our exasperation somewhete
We all would have calmed down abit by tomorrow.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Please forgive him, he doesn't mean it, he's frustrated, we are all (mostly) frustrated because of the theatrics by PSG. We need to vent our exasperation somewhete
We all would have calmed down abit by tomorrow.
To fair, he’s been wound up for about a year now.

Just on the subject of those dirty, cheating bastards, I’m still angry at their antics, so I can understand why others would be, but I don’t understand how anyone could look at their dirty tackles, their playacting, their timewasting, their petulance, and their screaming at the referee; be annoyed with it to the point of distraction, and then want LFC to do the same?

There are areas we can be cuter, but on the pitch I want to see us playing football. I don’t want to see our lads getting up to the shit that PSG did last night, and that includes obscene ‘tackles’ like Veratti’s.

Besides which, if any of our lads lash in a tackle like that, there are sent off without a second thought. It’s all good and well wanting to be a team of cynical cheating bastards, but you also have to be a team that gets away with being cynical, cheating bastards. We are most definitely not that.

jaffod

To fair, he’s been wound up for about a year now.

Just on the subject of those dirty, cheating bastards, I’m still angry at their antics, so I can understand why others would be, but I don’t understand how anyone could look at their dirty tackles, their playacting, their timewasting, their petulance, and their screaming at the referee; be annoyed with it to the point of distraction, and then want LFC to do the same?

There are areas we can be cuter, but on the pitch I want to see us playing football. I don’t want to see our lads getting up to the shit that PSG did last night, and that includes obscene ‘tackles’ like Veratti’s.

Besides which, if any of our lads lash in a tackle like that, there are sent off without a second thought. It’s all good and well wanting to be a team of cynical cheating bastards, but you also have to be a team that gets away with being cynical, cheating bastards. We are most definitely not that.
What do you mean 'wound up'? If you mean pissed off by the treatment we get from match officials, all sections of the media, opposition fans and opposition players then I'm guilty as charged. I find it incredible many of our fans don't seem that arsed, I suppose some don't really scratch below the surface or see the bigger picture, just live for the 90 minutes and that's it.
Anyway it's that time of year and what a pleasant couple of weeks we have in store. Our lovable manc-loving neighbours will be darkening our door on Sunday and then in two weeks time we'll be treated to the real thing, I'm expecting the full repertoire - murderers, killed your own fans, always the victim, feed the scousers....and you know what?...nobody will say a fucking word about it, certainly nobody from our own football club because they're too shit scared of upsetting anyone. Any other section of the community and there's uproar but scousers? nah, nobody gives a toss.
And fwiw I'm not advocating acting like those twats did last night, I wouldn't watch that crap if they were playing in my back garden. A few sly challenges would be a start but as you say we certainly wouldn't get away with it. Interesting you think that btw, given you've ridiculed me in the past for suggesting our matches aren't fairly refereed.

sms1986

What do you mean 'wound up'? If you mean pissed off by the treatment we get from match officials, all sections of the media, opposition fans and opposition players then I'm guilty as charged. I find it incredible many of our fans don't seem that arsed, I suppose some don't really scratch below the surface or see the bigger picture, just live for the 90 minutes and that's it.
Anyway it's that time of year and what a pleasant couple of weeks we have in store. Our lovable manc-loving neighbours will be darkening our door on Sunday and then in two weeks time we'll be treated to the real thing, I'm expecting the full repertoire - murderers, killed your own fans, always the victim, feed the scousers....and you know what?...nobody will say a fucking word about it, certainly nobody from our own football club because they're too shit scared of upsetting anyone. Any other section of the community and there's uproar but scousers? nah, nobody gives a toss.
And fwiw I'm not advocating acting like those twats did last night, I wouldn't watch that crap if they were playing in my back garden. A few sly challenges would be a start but as you say we certainly wouldn't get away with it. Interesting you think that btw, given you've ridiculed me in the past for suggesting our matches aren't fairly refereed.
Who cares what the media or the opposition think? They know we are the greatest English team and one of the European and world greats and that hurts them.

Who cares what the media or the opposition think? They know we are the greatest English team and one of the European and world greats and that hurts them.
TBF,it's not just the media is it,imagine Gomez breaking Ronaldo's shoulder in a wrestling move in the CL final,he'd be off,instantly,i think there's definitely some kind of bias in the governing bodies of football.