POST MATCH: PSG v Liverpool (UCL 28/11/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Lovren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Henderson

• Milner [GOAL 45 +1’, off 76’]

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Wijnaldum [off 65’]

• Salah

• Firmino [off 70’]

• Mane

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • Keita [on 65’]

• Sturridge [on 70’]

• Shaqiri [76’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaffod

Who cares what the media or the opposition think? They know we are the greatest English team and one of the European and world greats and that hurts them.
The media can have a massive say in how our players/ club/ fans are perceived and it would be naive to overlook it. They tend to go into overdrive whenever they sense we might be serious challengers.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Sorry but your post is just utterly bad and has zero understanding of the game and the level it is now at.
You don’t hear him complain. Do you?

Aw jeez Tite. Much as I love wearing the Brazil kit I am just too tired.

These are people doing their DREAM JOB... fatigue? Pfft. I don’t think YOU understand how the players get treated these days

sms1986

TBF,it's not just the media is it,imagine Gomez breaking Ronaldo's shoulder in a wrestling move in the CL final,he'd be off,instantly,i think there's definitely some kind of bias in the governing bodies of football.
Any player would be off for that, to be fair.

sms1986

The media can have a massive say in how our players/ club/ fans are perceived and it would be naive to overlook it. They tend to go into overdrive whenever they sense we might be serious challengers.
Good, I hope they cry for days next time we win something. They need to get over their jealousy and recognise that we're the greatest in England.

jaffod

You don’t hear him complain. Do you?

Aw jeez Tite. Much as I love wearing the Brazil kit I am just too tired.

These are people doing their DREAM JOB... fatigue? Pfft. I don’t think YOU understand how the players get treated these days
I often wonder if fans of opposition clubs are as fixated on fatigue as Liverpool fans are. All stems back to the Houllier days when he constantly complained about it, since then it's been an obsession with many of our supporters.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Moreno - will maybe get an appearance when the first choice left back needs a rest.

Origi - we’re actively trying to move him on

Solanke - a young player who isn’t seeing much game time. Might get the odd cameo

Yes, I believe they’d be OK in those roles at other top four clubs.

PS. I’ve been a fan since the mid-eighties, but it’s irrelevant. Don’t do this argument from authority rubbish again please.
Quality in your restraint there, boss

I often wonder if fans of opposition clubs are as fixated on fatigue as Liverpool fans are. All stems back to the Houllier days when he constantly complained about it, since then it's been an obsession with many of our supporters.
Well he did have a heart condition. :J

Red Eyes

What do you mean 'wound up'? If you mean pissed off by the treatment we get from match officials, all sections of the media, opposition fans and opposition players then I'm guilty as charged. I find it incredible many of our fans don't seem that arsed, I suppose some don't really scratch below the surface or see the bigger picture, just live for the 90 minutes and that's it.
Anyway it's that time of year and what a pleasant couple of weeks we have in store. Our lovable manc-loving neighbours will be darkening our door on Sunday and then in two weeks time we'll be treated to the real thing, I'm expecting the full repertoire - murderers, killed your own fans, always the victim, feed the scousers....and you know what?...nobody will say a fucking word about it, certainly nobody from our own football club because they're too shit scared of upsetting anyone. Any other section of the community and there's uproar but scousers? nah, nobody gives a toss.
And fwiw I'm not advocating acting like those twats did last night, I wouldn't watch that crap if they were playing in my back garden. A few sly challenges would be a start but as you say we certainly wouldn't get away with it. Interesting you think that btw, given you've ridiculed me in the past for suggesting our matches aren't fairly refereed.
Can't say I agree with a number of things you've said, at the end of the day it's a game and players are role models for our kids. However reading through the rage, I agree 100% about the dark arts. Fernandinho is a master of using fouls to break up plays for City. There's never an intention to do damage but is very effective, and well worth a booking here or there. He is extremely subtle about it, and gets away with murder tbh. We lack that. Milner can put a foot in to break up play I guess, but Hendo is way to clumsy and it's too obvious. Most great teams have this type of player (we had a couple in our pomp), and maybe we need a sly / clever / strong combative midfielder to win balls and link play?

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
A few sly challenges would be a start but as you say we certainly wouldn't get away with it. Interesting you think that btw, given you've ridiculed me in the past for suggesting our matches aren't fairly refereed.
No, I’ve ridiculed you for your opinion that we’re the victims of a vast organised conspiracy to deny us success.

Red Eyes

Lots of my non Liverpool supporting mates also complain about fatigue, but it's mainly directed at the amount of football that top players have now. If you are competing in CL or Europa, there are at least two matches per week. If you look at the fixture list either side of Christmas is goes berserk, and we had a similar jam packed schedule a month or so ago. Then if you add in the extra International commitments from that daft nations league thing and the travelling involved, it's easy to see how even the fittest player can get fatigued.

However the bigger problem is the increased likelihood of picking up nightly injuries in tired muscles. If honest I do think fatigue affects us more than most teams, as Klopp has always demanded such relentless high intensity. Not complaining as it's a joy to watch, but when our squad depth isn't what it should be it is tough on players. It should have been easier this season given acquisitions, but Kieta and Fabinho haven't hit the ground running, Hendo has been injured, Llana has come weak, TAA isn't quite where he was last season and Shaqiri arguably hasn't been used as much as he could. The first 15 must be feeling it and I'm dreading some of them picking up injuries over the heavy Christmas period

Dane

Willing to drive Matip to the airport
The collective love fest on BT sports for the cute handball assist for the mancs goal on Tuesday is a typical example of the media favouritism.

Does my head in all this fatigue shit we hear about. Over paid, self entitled spoilt brats, fucking get on with it and do your job.

I wonder what would have been said in my Army days, requesting a day off running because we were feeling "fatigued".

Red over the water

I remember fans of other teams used to say there was a media bias in favour of Liverpool, since we had so many former players working in the media! Not sure if that still happens, but I remember a whiff of that from when I lived back home in the UK.

As for the injury stuff, obviously we can’t be setting out to do that, or even celebrating that or promoting it or whatever. I take that sort of stuff with a pinch of salt in the aftermath of a defeat.

What I can get on board with is the excellent Fernandinho comment above. He sticks his foot in, breaks up play, does the dark arts and so on, but in such a way that his reputation doesn’t unduly suffer and he gets the benefit of the doubt, more than perhaps he should. He’s not an agricultural sort of leg-breaker, and we don’t want that in our side either, but Fernandinho is dirty enough, and snide enough, as needed. Beyond that, and most importantly, he can play too.

We do need a bit of that in our team, and my hope is Fabinho will be that sort of player for us.

jaffod

No, I’ve ridiculed you for your opinion that we’re the victims of a vast organised conspiracy to deny us success.
Which I've never actually claimed but don't let that stop you. I've said a number of referees seem hell bent on shafting us whenever possible and I've seen a number of posts by yourself which basically endorse that point of view. You might not call it a conspiracy or whatever but when you have a number of referees who refuse to be 'swayed by the Kop' then imo they are corrupt before a ball is kicked. 12 points lost last season, the highest in the PL, tells it's own story. Difference between 2nd and 4th but hey, somebody has to pay the price for referees having big balls. Pity they haven't got them at Old Trafford or the Etihad isn't it?
Fwiw I don't think the FA like us very much either for any number of reasons that I haven't got time to go into right now but some of them should be pretty obvious. I think they'd prefer us not to win anything of note but that's just my opinion and not something I can prove so I'll leave it at that. If you can point out where I've claimed they're all in it together and hold meetings where they discuss ways to shaft us collectively then I'll hold my hands up and be happy to be proved wrong.

Commando

The collective love fest on BT sports for the cute handball assist for the mancs goal on Tuesday is a typical example of the media favouritism.

Does my head in all this fatigue shit we hear about. Over paid, self entitled spoilt brats, fucking get on with it and do your job.

I wonder what would have been said in my Army days, requesting a day off running because we were feeling "fatigued".
You never know they might have been accommodating of your feelings.

https://binged.it/2E63v4m

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
I thing this game wasnt that bad (from LFC) PSG "cheated" the whole game, we still have a game to qualify, and the Everton derby is at the weekend. We traditionally dont play well before that game. The group wasnt that easy, but if we beat Everton and Napoli then we are back on track.

Red over the water

Which I've never actually claimed but don't let that stop you. I've said a number of referees seem hell bent on shafting us whenever possible and I've seen a number of posts by yourself which basically endorse that point of view. You might not call it a conspiracy or whatever but when you have a number of referees who refuse to be 'swayed by the Kop' then imo they are corrupt before a ball is kicked. 12 points lost last season, the highest in the PL, tells it's own story. Difference between 2nd and 4th but hey, somebody has to pay the price for referees having big balls. Pity they haven't got them at Old Trafford or the Etihad isn't it?
Fwiw I don't think the FA like us very much either for any number of reasons that I haven't got time to go into right now but some of them should be pretty obvious. I think they'd prefer us not to win anything of note but that's just my opinion and not something I can prove so I'll leave it at that. If you can point out where I've claimed they're all in it together and hold meetings where they discuss ways to shaft us collectively then I'll hold my hands up and be happy to be proved wrong.
Well said on the bold bit. I can’t remember where I read it and saw the chart, but we definitely suffered more than most (I think the most) in terms of points dropped unjustly for bad decisions.

I might be a bit off, or too forward in this next bit, and you are well within your rights to tell me to do one if you like, but (I hope) in the spirit of constructive criticism and harmony:

It might be an idea to take a deep breath! From what I’ve been reading I think you are onto something, but perhaps just stating it a bit too strongly, and that’s what is getting the pushback. I don’t have any idea of relationships or previous on here or whatever, and you have been on here a lot longer than I have, so you are more qualified, but it just feels to me like something could be heading towards a place it really doesn’t need to.

I have nothing but peace and respect for my fellow reds, so apologies if I’m speaking out of turn here.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I'd put me on ignore if I was you, I'd hate you to be embarrassed on my account.
I see you completely ignored Robertson's challenge which could easily have been a penalty or if the ball was moving or not when Allison took the freekick. Both decisions went in our favour and were telling with the scores in both games at the time 0-0 . surely theses are the decisions the anti Liverpool directive handed down from the fa that the refs should be using to fucks us over but they don't suit your narrative.
You must be able to see why the stuff you constantly say about this global conspiracy does make you sound a bit of nutcase .

jaffod

I see you completely ignored Robertson's challenge which could easily have been a penalty or if the ball was moving or not when Allison took the freekick. Both decisions went in our favour and were telling with the scores in both games at the time 0-0 . surely theses are the decisions the anti Liverpool directive handed down from the fa that the refs should be using to fucks us over but they don't suit your narrative.
You must be able to see why the stuff you constantly say about this global conspiracy does make you sound a bit of nutcase .
1. I didn't think it was anywhere near a penalty, therefore not worthy of comment.
2. How do you know either the ref or linesman saw the ball moving (if it even was)? They do after all fail to see a lot of things at that end as we generally find to our cost.
3. Global conspiracy? That's a bit of a stretch in comparison to what I've actually said wouldn't you say? Maybe you're one of those people who twist what others say to suit your own agenda, are you related to Mutton Geoff off RAWK by any chance?

Mascot88

Admin
I don’t think any professional referee is ‘hellbent on shafting us’. I don’t think the FA would ‘prefer us not to win anything’.

This is is the kind of stuff that I think takes you away from ‘passionate fan with a point’ to ‘paranoid lad looking for a scapegoat’

Any referee intent on shafting us would have had to make the decision that their hatred of us is more important than their own career, their reputation and their prospects of refereeing at the highest level. That’s absurd.

I’ve already said what I think happens to us.

Red Eyes

Overpaid.......agree
Spoilt brats.....some of them yes, many of them no
Self entitled......no opinion
Fatigue, get on with it and do your job.........disagree.

We've got something like 9 games in 31 days coming up, or one every three and a half days on average.

We expect our players to be in tip top condition, and to give everything for every minute of every game.

Yes it's only 90 minutes per match, but if they are putting in 100% effort the body just can't recover that quickly every time.

It might for the first few games, but gradually it all begins to catch up given our high intensity football.

I'd much rather a player put his hand up to Klopp to request a lighter training session because he's knackered, than turning out in a red shirt and only being able to perform at 80%

jaffod

If the situation had been reversed, you’d have been fuming.

We’ve got away with a few decisions this year.
No, I really wouldn't because like I say it was nowhere near a penalty.

We have had a few 50-50's go our way but they are still outweighed by the ones against us. It's also worth noting Michael Oliver was ref in the games I assume you're talking about and I have always thought he's an excellent referee, I've never had any concerns about him in our games.
And for a bit of balance we've had 1 penalty in 13 PL games so far this season, 4 in 5 games in Europe and that's pretty much the same as last season.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist

We have had a few 50-50's go our way but they are still outweighed by the ones against us. It's also worth noting Michael Oliver was ref in the games I assume you're talking about and I have always thought he's an excellent referee, I've never had any concerns about him in our games.
And for a bit of balance we've had 1 penalty in 13 PL games so far this season, 4 in 5 games in Europe and that's pretty much the same as last season.
So is oliver not part of the conspiracy?

Mascot88

Admin
It was definitely a ‘seen them given’ one. And despite you protestations, I think you’d have been fuming if Salah had been caught like that.