POST MATCH: PSG v Liverpool (UCL 28/11/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Lovren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Henderson

• Milner [GOAL 45 +1’, off 76’]

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Wijnaldum [off 65’]

• Salah

• Firmino [off 70’]

• Mane

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • Keita [on 65’]

• Sturridge [on 70’]

• Shaqiri [76’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Ted

Well said on the bold bit. I can’t remember where I read it and saw the chart, but we definitely suffered more than most (I think the most) in terms of points dropped unjustly for bad decisions.

I might be a bit off, or too forward in this next bit, and you are well within your rights to tell me to do one if you like, but (I hope) in the spirit of constructive criticism and harmony:

It might be an idea to take a deep breath! From what I’ve been reading I think you are onto something, but perhaps just stating it a bit too strongly, and that’s what is getting the pushback. I don’t have any idea of relationships or previous on here or whatever, and you have been on here a lot longer than I have, so you are more qualified, but it just feels to me like something could be heading towards a place it really doesn’t need to.

I have nothing but peace and respect for my fellow reds, so apologies if I’m speaking out of turn here.
There was an article on BBC Sport about it, we definitely got some awful decisions at the end of last season when we were trying to get over the line for a top 4 spot, in the last 6 games there were 4/5 clear penalties we didn't get, can't remember them all but there was a clear handball against Stoke where Moreno had a tap in if it wasn't for that, Ings against West Brom I think? a clear foul in the area, think there was a couple on Salah too, not totally sure but I remember the frustration & how ridiculous it was that we just were not allowed a penalty no matter what, just 1 given for us at home last season.

Red Eyes

TBF there's a big possibility (probably fucking massive)that Oliver is just wank.
Agree. There's a big possibility that most of them are wank, but some much less wank than others and the odd v good one.

It's a tough gig. Try standing in the middle of a massive great field being scrutinised by 50,000 emotional people and umpteen cameras, trying to keep tabs on a ball and 20 people running at the speed of light in different parts of the pitch. Not trying to defend referees and lino's as they tarnish and affect many many matches for all teams with their poor decisions, but I reckon it's harder than most think.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Agree. There's a big possibility that most of them are wank, but some much less wank than others and the odd v good one.

It's a tough gig. Try standing in the middle of a massive great field being scrutinised by 50,000 emotional people and umpteen cameras, trying to keep tabs on a ball and 20 people running at the speed of light in different parts of the pitch. Not trying to defend referees and lino's as they tarnish and affect many many matches for all teams with their poor decisions, but I reckon it's harder than most think.
It’s not just harder than we think - a lot of elements of it are just physically impossible. Take the offside rule. A linesman has to be looking to two different directions at the same time.

How many times have we watched and rewatched the same clip from multiple angles, squinting and straining at the screen, until...yes....slowed down and zoomed in...yes...he was clipped there....AND THE BIASED CUNT REFEREE DIDN’T GIVE IT!!!!

Having said all that, the feller on Wednesday night was the first time I’ve ever wondered where a ref was holidaying in the summer. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was in the Gulf.

Commando

On the other hand ref's have got a lot of power. I believe they meet both team's managers and captains in their changing room before the game. If I was a referee I would take the opportunity to tell them all that I and only I am in charge of decisions during the game. Anybody questioning me will be yellow carded. Don't be trying to influence me and putting doubts in my mind about my decisions. You question me and I'll book you. The same for my assistants. Also, no manhandling in the box prior to set pieces. If there's grappling in the box, I won't stop the free kick from being taken to have a word with the culprits. I'll be stopping it to yellow card them. If it's six of one and half a dozen of the other, simple, yellow card for each of them. Pulling shirts is a straight yellow. You may mistime a tackle by accident but you don't accidentally grab a handful of somebody's shirt.

Here endeth the rant.