• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: PSG v Liverpool (UCL 28/11/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Lovren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Henderson

• Milner [GOAL 45 +1’, off 76’]

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Wijnaldum [off 65’]

• Salah

• Firmino [off 70’]

• Mane

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • Keita [on 65’]

• Sturridge [on 70’]

• Shaqiri [76’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trygve76

TIA New Signing
We greatly miss a player in the mould of Verratti, possibly the only remotely likeable of the psg bunch. The trio tonight is very workmanlike and offer little to no flair.

abcd

But their goal difference is 3 Liverpool is 1. Liverpool win 1-0 makes it 3-3. Liverpool have more goals scored on that criteria.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I really cannot understand why, in our European away matches, our record is atrocious.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Ref was dreadful but was anybody finding out for the 1st time this evening that Neymar is a cunt? This is the way Madrid, PSG, Barca play the game so complaining about seems a bit of a waste of time. European football is loaded with cunts, divers, cheats, time wasters, primadonnas, and cynical sides.......you have to deal with it.
Forget that they are a disgrace and look at our 3 away performances in the CL this season, we have been dire. Actually the 2nd half in this game was about as well as we have played in European our away games. We created almost nothing over 3 games.
I love Bobby but he had another mare, giving it away, passes left short, no threat on goal at all. Mo wasn't a whole lot better and does anybody remember Sturridge doing anything tonight either?

Sweeting

We greatly miss a player in the mould of Verratti, possibly the only remotely likeable of the psg bunch. The trio tonight is very workmanlike and offer little to no flair.
I don't think he is even slightly likeable. He was in the refs face pleading for a red card for Gomez, for a shirt pull, less than hour after nearly breaking his leg.

Kimpembe is the only one who I didn't get annoyed by.

Last edited:

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
I really cannot understand why, in our European away matches, our record is atrocious.
Mid is woeful.ok Against weak /average epl teams. Not good enough in Europe.
And then , we seemed to have deviated from our gegenpressing.

NZred

The Red From NZ
Ugh. I really don't want to be that guy, but today was the nail in my personal opinions coffin for Henderson. The amount of times Mane and Bobby were open and available in front of him, only for Henderson to turn and pass back to VVD and/or Lovren got me so angry I literally had to turn my screen off for a couple minutes. Can someone tell me what exactly he brings to this team on a regular basis, and at what level that is at to justify him being captain of one of the worlds biggest sporting institutions (especially when we have the worlds best CB there)? He's scored 2 goals in the last 2.6 seasons and I believe even less assists, so he offers nothing on the attacking front. His tackle count is pathetic and he gets run around like he isn't there so he offers nothing from a defensive stand point. What exactly his is role?

LFC4EVR

Still think missing Buvac on the tactical side of things is hurting us. Team selection with Milner, Hendo and Wij in the middle had me worried, we always seem flat with that trio. Passing has been off this season, we've lost our flow, there's also a lack of understanding that was there the previous season, where Firmino would back flick something to Salah who would be in the right space - that's gone this season. Some saying we're focusing on defense and balance, not sure but Buvac for me seems to have provided some of this intrinsic value in the forward play, tactical awareness, giving Klopp another viewpoint to play off, all absent for me.

Red Ted

Also, Imagine supporting a team like that? I'd hate it if Liverpool turned into anything resembling that, the constant diving & play acting along with being in the refs face every 2 minutes, the manager was just as bad, horrible shithouses the lot of them.

Milner & a few others getting into Neymar was the highlight of the evening, a small bit of satisfaction to take away at least.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
It would be easier to stomach this if we didn't lose to Napoli and RSB. I expected more from this bunch.

Oh, well. Time to pick our heads up and focus on the derby.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
0 points in 3 away games. Thoroughly deserved too. Was it 1 attempt on goal all game? Quite simply we can't be this toothless and expect to come out with anything especially against teams of such quality. The midfield is a growing problem area as Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner again showed that they can't cut it. But really the team as a whole was not good enough. Both defensively and offensively.

All in all our level of play away from Anfield had been subpar so far and we're rightly on the brink of elimination. We created nothing against Napoli, nothing against Red Star and almost nothing against PSG. For a Klopp team that's most frustating and disappointing.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
1:0 enough
2:1 not
3:1 enough
3:2 not
4:2 enough
4:3 not
And so on...

Napoli have two games until then we have three league games.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
1-0 is enough

I have highlighted what it is determined by. Everything up to 7 is identical.

1. Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  2. Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  3. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  4. Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  5. If more than two teams are tied, and after applying all head-to-head criteria above, a subset of teams are still tied, all head-to-head criteria above are reapplied exclusively to this subset of teams;
  6. Goal difference in all group matches;
  7. Goals scored in all group matches;
  8. Away goals scored in all group matches;
  9. Wins in all group matches;
  10. Away wins in all group matches;
  11. Disciplinary points (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
  12. UEFA club coefficient.

Adrizzle17

Hate to say it, but I think most would agree that this one is on Klopp.

I will say that I do understand why he chose that backline (not necessarily the right choice) - experience in Lovren, defensive ability in Gomez on the right, I get it.

Midfield on the other hand was a joke. Milner is a yes, but it should have been Shaq and Keita for me. There is no excuse why Shaq isn't a definite right now.

Even substitutions were off for me. Why did Firmino come off so early? Should have been Keita and then Shaq to allow them time to link up with Firmino and then try Sturridge if that doesn't work.

All around horrible night. Players didn't show, refs blew loads, PSG are a bunch of whiny pieces of trash. Just pathetic...

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Or best redbull beat those cunts and we beat Napoli. I hope that happens

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Terrible game to watch. Mostly down to the time wasting and rolling around from psg. How I'd love to see us us beat napoli by 2 goals and red star beat psg knocking them out of the competition due to napolis better head to head against them. Us and napoli to go through and the diving cheats into the Europa where they belong.

Voted mane as our only threat tho I was tempted to go with alisson.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Slow start, weak and biased/ corrupt ref meant there was only one outcome tonight.

Sometimes I just think we are a bit too much like our manager for our own good in games like this. We are so honest, decent and honourable and it doesn't help you win games in Europe unfortunately.

PSG with their Arab money are a detestable disgusting club. Hate them.

Becker was magnificent, my MOTM.

Sweeting

Also, Imagine supporting a team like that? I'd hate it if Liverpool turned into anything resembling that, the constant diving & play acting along with being in the refs face every 2 minutes, the manager was just as bad, horrible shithouses the lot of them.

Milner & a few others getting into Neymar was the highlight of the evening, a small bit of satisfaction to take away at least.
Do they still play like that against Caen or St Etienne? I don't watch French football for obvious reasons.