• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: PSG v Liverpool (UCL 28/11/2018 8pm)

Man of the match

• Alisson

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Gomez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Lovren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Dijk

• Robertson

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Henderson

• Milner [GOAL 45 +1’, off 76’]

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Wijnaldum [off 65’]

• Salah

• Firmino [off 70’]

• Mane

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • Keita [on 65’]

• Sturridge [on 70’]

• Shaqiri [76’]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
We weren't good enough despite controlling much of the game in the second half. Didn't create any chances and as has been said by many, this midfield is past it's sell by date. It's really unfortunate that Keita and Fabhino have been a let down thus far.

Mane was my MoM. The only player who posed a real threat.

If we do go out, as is quite likely, it may not be such a bad thing. Do we think we'll get to the final again? Probably not. Do we have chance of winning the Prem? Yes, we do.

Flobs

FADA
Type of team who I hate. Such talented players but with all the worst aspects of the game.
- PSG were bellends.
bunch of whining , playacting dive sissys
a team potentially capable of very good football resorting to the whole plethora of embarrasing antics to see the game through
Money can buy lots of things but it sure as fuck can't buy you class. PSG a bad advertisement for football.
I do agree about the sissy antics however PSG gave us a lesson in the 1st half how to play Klopps new style of 'broken rhythm'. Football wise they are head and shoulders better than us at this. Credit should go where it is deserved I hope Klopp is learning.
As for embarrassment I was embarradded by our attack and midfield for that 1st half (where the fuck is Wijnaldum?). Firmino has been really shit so far this season and Salah has only shown glimpses on occasion.
Ok PSG have spent some money recently but they have taken a long time to get where they are and I suppose desperate methods imposed, it's not like we didn't buy the most expensive GK and CB is it?

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
To everyone criticizing Klopp for starting Gomez at RB - TAA also had huge problems with Neymar and he said that this was his best opponent so far.

Wilkored08

Juergen post match on the PSG performance - at home we are the fairest team in England, tonight with the number of “interruptions”we were made to look like butchers....how did WE get 6 yellow cards??
'Cause the ref was being hassled by the drama queens...and dare'nt give any decision against them...also his appointment at specsavers is tomorrow and should have been yesterday.

RodM

Voted for Robo. I was between him and Mane as I thought we looked better down the left but in truth it was a poor display all round.

I suppose in a way this could turn out to be a classic Liverpool European campaign - doing everything the hard way.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Back in the late noughties after games like these some posters used to have complete meltdowns and talk themselves into a ban from the site, its fcking boring now. One of the highlights was always someone who couldnt stomach defeat lol back in the days when we had hope, that was.

Made of fcking chocolate we are.....................

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Poor, but not particularly arsed.
Looking forward to seeing those French cunts losing in the next round though.

Flobs

FADA
PSG gave us a lesson in Klopps new system in the 1st half. We just don't have the concentration levels required to play this slow negative stuff.
Second half was better when we were going for it but our 'advanced' midfield and attack are just not good enough at the moment.
Keita is very dissappointing after costing so much in money and time I prefer Wijnaldum in that more advanced midfield role (even if as a DM he's a complete waste of space) even then it's not good enough so why doesn't Shaquiri get more time?
Shaquiri started making a difference but didn't have enough time and with Firmino and Salah in their present form I can not be sure it would make a difference. Oh! Shaquiri and TAA can take dead ball situations and corners yet niether started.
I gave Robertson MOTM but could have been Mané.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Just realized that if we do go out then we end up in the EL, so we better batter Napoli just to avoid that and it's Thursday matches. Go out in the round of Arsenal and let man City soldier on to the final.

MW2833

Can't help but think if fabinho was playing he would have been sent off by that idiotic ref

redaderry

Back in the late noughties after games like these some posters used to have complete meltdowns and talk themselves into a ban from the site, its fcking boring now. One of the highlights was always someone who couldnt stomach defeat lol back in the days when we had hope, that was.

Made of fcking chocolate we are.....................
OK,
FUCK##[email protected]#&£[email protected]%$###!!?&£%$#USELESS#@&!!AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Red Ted

I think too much attention paid to the current state of our midfield is neglecting the problem that none of the players are passing the ball particularly well. Whether midfield or forward, some of the passes have been lackadaisical at best, which is hampering any good movement we might have. I view the problem as more of an overall play issue, some of our best goals last year came from quick, accurate passes in and around the box, none of which exists currently.

The referee though, of course the PSG midfield looks a step above ours when they're simply permitted to do what they want, while our players actually get penalised for fouls. I can accept losing because of bad play, but the referee applied a very obvious influence in this game.
You're spot on there, mate.

There's a lot of complaing about the midfield and much of it justified but honestly some of our attacking play has been absolute horse shit especially in all 3 away CL games, they can't even pass the ball 5-10 yards a lot of the time & much of the decision making is terrible, it's woeful stuff and leaves you scratching your head as to why? If it was a once in a 20 game thing it wouldn't matter but it's not.

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
Commentator nearly spunked his kecks when neymar did a trick that went nowhere an he lost the ball, it was cringy.
Ref was f***ing attrousous and an absolute sh*t house.
Thiago silva threw himself to the ground so over dramatically to get a foul he injured himself the horrible tw*t.
Should of been 20 minutes added time the amount they rolled about.
We started slow an maybe got what we deserved for that but it was probably never going to go our way with that ref.
Wonder if they want the big glamour juve v psg final hmmm
Dont think id be this annoyed if it wasnt for their arrogance. Oh and the potential of europa league

South American Red

Utter shitestorm by the PSG acting company, but to be fair, when they tried to play they overran us completely.

Hendo was as slow as a tortoise, a couple of times he was left eating dust in the most embarrasing way.

About Salah and Firmino, hugely dissapointing, they seem to be unable to move into space, pass a ball properly, open space for other players....Why was Salah wrestling so many times?? That's an strategy that obviously won't work out for him.

Only real chance I saw in all match was the long ball from Hendo to Salah, who was a little bit afraid to go all for it. We look toothless at the moment, Klopp has a huge job to do in his hands.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Weve gone from attacking with sheer pace to slow dull backward football.
It was so slow and sideways we just invited them on.
we haven’t replaced Coutino and it really shows.
The midfield has no creativity yet Fabinho and Keita still can’t get decent game time - the former can’t even get onto the pith.
We needed to show up and stamp our authority on the game but did complete opposite.

It’s been like that all season bar PSG home, Chelsea away - other than that we’ve dhanged our style and it don’t suit us.

It’s not all the middles fault as Salah isn’t looking up he’s just trying to score from silly angles. Firmino been out of form all season. Manes only one doing Ok.

Abdel

PSG gave us a lesson in Klopps new system in the 1st half. We just don't have the concentration levels required to play this slow negative stuff.
Second half was better when we were going for it but our 'advanced' midfield and attack are just not good enough at the moment.
Keita is very dissappointing after costing so much in money and time I prefer Wijnaldum in that more advanced midfield role (even if as a DM he's a complete waste of space) even then it's not good enough so why doesn't Shaquiri get more time?
Shaquiri started making a difference but didn't have enough time and with Firmino and Salah in their present form I can not be sure it would make a difference. Oh! Shaquiri and TAA can take dead ball situations and corners yet niether started.
I gave Robertson MOTM but could have been Mané.
Gini best performances this year has been as a DM
It's when Klopp decided to move him up in the more advanced role ( to accomodate other players )
That he returned to the woeful mode

Red Armada

TIA Regular
If we do go out, as is quite likely, it may not be such a bad thing. Do we think we'll get to the final again? Probably not. Do we have chance of winning the Prem? Yes, we do.
It would absolutely be a bad thing. Going from playing in the final to not progressing to the knockout stages would send a bad message, plus our chances in the PL would hardly be enhanced by playing in the Europa League as it could very well happen. Lastly there's also the matter of the millions that we would miss out on.

Make no mistake about it, failing to qualify would be a substantial setback.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
Revamp the midfield > start winning games convincingly again.

This midfield needs Fabinho, Keita and Shaqiri.

We know how average/mediocre our main midfielders are (Gini, Milner, Henderson), now it's time for the better players because they can't do much worse than Gini, Milner and Henderson.

Yes, Fabinho and Keita are not at 100% just yet, but our 100% players are useless.