POST MATCH: Red Star v Liverpool (UCL 6/11/18 5.55pm)

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Oddly I think it’s the lack of Chamberlain, coupled that he came in that midfield to fill the void of Coutinho.

I only hope this acts like a Spurs game last season because up to that game we were pretty crap.

jabu

TIA New Signing
I guess we didn't win 3-2 then......on a more serious note.there is something wrong with the team. They have been pretty average the whole season. Klopp really needs to step up here!

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Sturridge is getting some stick but the way we played in the 1st half by just lumping the ball forward, you wouldn't expect him to play well, he is a player who does well when you get the ball to his feet. I was hoping at halftime Klopp would have removed Lallana for Firmino and gone with him as a No. 10 and playing a 4 - 2 - 3 -1

C

Caradoc

Can't blame Klopp for the selection tonight or the tactics. I really don't think that he has instructed them to take 3 touches before making leisurely a 3 yard pass, which may or may not reach its recipient. Nor has he told them to just stand around looking and make absolutely no movement at all.

I do blame him though for allowing this situation to fester. Also how the hell is it possible to have just 4 outfield players in any kind of form?

Injuries and failing to integrate Keita and Fabinho are starting to cost dearly.

Oi kindly leave me out of this please. I get blamed for a lot of things but I’m not accepting any responsibility for tonight’s performance! :unhappy:

lol

Scott Jones

Blunt
Yeah,I think i'll start twisting my knickers when we're out,wouldn't surprise me if we win both our last games and PSG will be in third behind us and Red Star,i reckon that was the plan all along,clever fucker is Klopp.

Macolfc

You know what I’m actually pleased this happened tonight. We’ve all came on here for the past few weeks & said how shit we’ve been playing but managed to get a win. Something hasn’t been right & we know it. Tonight’s the result of a team that’s not playing well getting what’s been coming to them.

pass_and_move

TIA New Signing
As poor a performance as I've seen in a long time. No creativity and not much energy. Things need to improve.

Red Ted

Hendo, Keita, Fabinho, Shaq as a 4 with Bobby and Mane up top is how I'd go at the weekend. Mo's form, even to do the very basics (let alone score) has dropped of the biggest cliff ever.
I know he has a lot of credit in the bank but it's starting to get really tedious watching him pass to the other team time and time again, his movement is shit too, for some reason he sits in tight spaces sometimes with 2 defenders right on him, move! Mane on a bad day always finds space.

& as for him trying to score from a corners this season, Klopp needs to tell him to knock that fucking stupid idea on the head now.

C

Caradoc

It was a very poor performance. Can’t deny it!

I do however love the expert coaches crawling out from behind the skirting boards and the 20:20 vision! lol

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Nah you're gonna be outnumbered tonight la, that was utter dirge, and its been coming for weeks. You cant support your way outta this one.
It's nothing to do with support, not sure where you've pulled that from.

Is my opinion. I think we're a very good side who aren't performing at our best, we have a lot more to give. Our recent best seasons have all had dips in form much worse than this and we have come out of the other side. I just have confidence it will happen again given our quality and manager.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
If Napoli win tonight then all we have to do is win in paris.
If PSG win tonight all we have to do is beat Napoli on the last game by a two goal margin.
If PSG and Napoli draw tonight... we probably need 4 points from 6.
Confusing! So Napoli winning would be best for us?

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Utter crap but has been on the cards for awhile tbh so thank god it happened in the champions league and not the league. (...)
The problem is that this result might impact our league performance immensely. If we don't make it among the two first teams in this group, and have to play EL in the spring, what do you then think will happen?

But fortunately, we aren't there yet. There is still time for Klopp's staff and the players to work out their obvious current flaws and come back all guns blazing. Going at arguably the toughest ground in Europe next (after Fulham and Watford) might paradoxically help us to find some passion back.

Red Eyes

Missing the Ox, but also missing Buvac

angryal

what the fuck did i just watch. Its 4am here and im absolutely disgusted with our performance.

Fucking hell, if i were the manager i would relegate the whole lot of them to train with the youth team and let the whole youth team play the next game
Feel for you but at least your abroad in the Sun!!! (Hopefully)! you will wake up with something to smile at just another dull day here and that performance makes it look so much duller i can assure you!