• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

POST MATCH: Red Star v Liverpool (UCL 6/11/18 5.55pm)

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
From my understanding, if PSG win tonight all we need to do is beat Napoli at home am I wrong? Presuming Napoli & PSG beat Red star that would mean PSG on 10 with Napoli on 8. We beat Napoli & that leaves us with 9?
Yeah. But anything else requires us still beating Napoli by a couple of goals.
Basically PSG game is not so important unless Napoli win tonight.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I think a draw is best
A draw probably is best because it gives us the chance of winning in Paris in the next game.... but if we lose that we can still beat Napoli 2-0 to go through.

Macolfc

Ancelotti as well....
Although last time we needed to win a final group game by two goals we ended up beating ancelotti in the final even after we have him a 3-0 head start!
Certainly one to look forward to, missed both home CL games this year due to work but I’ll be making sure I’m there for Napoli.

jabu

TIA New Signing
Tuchel is a really shit manager, i mean the talent he has in that team...

jabu

TIA New Signing
A draw probably is best because it gives us the chance of winning in Paris in the next game.... but if we lose that we can still beat Napoli 2-0 to go through.
Yep... so maybe a psg win then??

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Tuchel is a really shit manager, i mean the talent he has in that team...
Really. I always thought he was very talented, he was good at Dortmund, even though he wasn't there very long.

RedForever2014

Can't believe anyone on here in any way advocates Lallana as good enough.

He's literally a one trick pony. He has one trick and does it once a match.

People really think he's an acceptable player to be playing in lieu of Oxlade or Coutinho?

It was a terrible mistake by Klopp to play him in a crucial match. He let his opponents dictate he leave a player out who was man of the match two weeks ago and who would have been pumped.

StrongINTheAir

The voice of reason
Continuing with our midfield, I’m not so sure we weren’t better off last year. And I’m not placing that all on a Coutinho because I think his consistent inconsistency made him more of a perceived danger than what he actually delivered on any regular basis.
I think Emre Can is a bit of a miss. He might not have been high enough quality, but he brought steel to defense and a directness to attack.
And our biggest miss from midfield is Ox. His speed going forward I believe opened up for the front three even more than a Coutinho’s skills did.
It’s why going forward I’d like to see our midfield be some combination of a three with it more of two and the back and one at the tip behind the front three.
I’d like Shaqiri to take that spot now (with Ox getting some as well when he fully returns). Then I’d have Keita in the back to use his speed going forward and recovering to defense. And the other at the base would be one of Gini, Milner, Hendo or Fabinho.
I’d hope that combination would give us the creativity, directness and speed going forward while still covering the back.

Alright Now

Can't believe anyone on here in any way advocates Lallana as good enough.

He's literally a one trick pony. He has one trick and does it once a match.

People really think he's an acceptable player to be playing in lieu of Oxlade or Coutinho?

It was a terrible mistake by Klopp to play him in a crucial match. He let his opponents dictate he leave a player out who was man of the match two weeks ago and who would have been pumped.
Not sure anyone has said Lallana is a suitable replacement for Ox or Phil. We’ve all said a lot of things, but I’ve yet to read that.

Jah_Pool

Now in the transfer window we got two parts of the team correct, the defense and the attack are fine. The problem is with the sale of Coutinho, the midfield lacks the person with the graft, touch and skill that links midfield and attack. That midfielder or midfielders who can give you 7-10 goals a season along with 15 assists. We don't have that person and its glaring. Shaqiri can give you half that but where is the other half coming from. we have too many midfielders that are too alike, meaning GIni, Henderson, Milner are too similar and dont contribute enough in most areas of the pitch. I'm going to give the other new guys a pass as they haven't played enough games for us as yet. In addition, Klopp needs a coach with another set of eyes to see the shit that he is doing and call him out on it, like Lallana starting in this game and exiling Clyne.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
If the PSG vs Napoli game ends in a draw we only need to win one more game (against PSG) to go through. The Napoli game won’t matter. If we lose that then a 2-0 win against Napoli at home is required. Thats assuming Red Star are beaten by both PSG and Napoli. If Red Star win their last 2 games we need a draw and a win against PSG and Napoli respectively.....I think:think:

Alright Now

If the PSG vs Napoli game ends in a draw we only need to win one more game (against PSG) to go through. The Napoli game won’t matter. If we lose that then a 2-0 win against Napoli at home is required. Thats assuming Red Star are beaten by both PSG and Napoli. If Red Star win their last 2 games we need a draw and a win against PSG and Napoli respectively.....I think:think:
Can you post your phone number so @indianscouser can call you? Thanks.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I think I would put Shaquiri on first team sheet, we have nothing to lose, it will be interesting to see and from what I have seen so far from him, he has proved to be a great game changer when he came on.

johnoleary

firstly well done red star for some very good defending..secondly we were RUBBISH....as much as it pains me to say im beginning if salah is actually a one season wonder.
i cant take any positives from that at all,mom i gave to robertson beacause he never stopped running and was the only energy in the team,vvd played ok the rest rubbish...pretty much as ive been saying since our second game,we are not a great side,last season we were but we just has a crap defence,i dont care where we are in the league we just arent playing very well and to me theres no sign of it changing,unless something major happens in a big hurry we are in trouble,the only positive thing ive really seen in the last 2/3 games is shaquiri,we now have to play him all the time to see if hes the spark we need,if that dosent work you can kiss goodbye to any silverware this season.

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
I think I would put Shaquiri on first team sheet, we have nothing to lose, it will be interesting to see and from what I have seen so far from him, he has proved to be a great game changer when he came on.
It's actually quite mind-boggling when you consider we bought Shaqiri , Keita and Fabinho and yet we still get a midfield of Hendo , Milner and Wijnaldum. It's clearly the problem area as identified by the signings in the first place.