POST MATCH: Red Star v Liverpool (UCL 6/11/18 5.55pm)

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

Caradoc

Its not where we are now ..... its where we are when all of the group games have been played.

That’s why we shouldn’t be glib and we shouldn’t right our chances off. Its all to play for but we need to get our act together sharpish. That’s it!

Wilkored08

I know Ox is walking/running but not fit yet...well game fit....is he 50% fit??.

johnoleary

It's nothing to do with support, not sure where you've pulled that from.

Is my opinion. I think we're a very good side who aren't performing at our best, we have a lot more to give. Our recent best seasons have all had dips in form much worse than this and we have come out of the other side. I just have confidence it will happen again given our quality and manager.

mate..if thats your opinion honestly you havent got a clue,we were a good side LAST SEASON !!!!! A DIP ? are you serious,have you seen us play this season? seriously if i was you id take up watching basketball or something lol

Barnestormer

Left wing.

Is my opinion. I think we're a very good side who aren't performing at our best, we have a lot more to give. Our recent best seasons have all had dips in form much worse than this and we have come out of the other side. I just have confidence it will happen again given our quality and manager.

I made no comment on the future; I was just reacting to you claiming people were overeacting. Some may have been, but most have called it right. That was damn wet-dog shabby tonight in Belgrade, and its not as if we had not seen it coming. For weeks, there was a fine line between playing badly and winning ugly, title form, and now lady luck has called it. Woeful, Rodgersesque. People should be allowed to vent, though, without a sugar coating of everything.

As to the future, this season, we are not going to win a thing until Klopp settles on a midfield, drops a few forwards, and probably has to realise he needs to buy a STRIKER!

Ive no doubt our form will pick up, but pick up to the level of winning things, is the material point, and I am not as sure as you on that. :-)

Red over the water

Hopefully it will be a bit of a wake up call to the players. They got a lot of plaudits last season, especially the attackers, but it looks like they are playing with less joy, and it also seems like they are all playing for themselves a little bit more. They've achieved nothing yet, and they won't, unless they recapture some hunger and humility. It's a long season and this relative low point might yet turn out to be a help to us. Time will tell on that.

The best midfield blend hasn't been found yet, though by a process of elimination we've found a few combos that don't work, tonight's trio included! I'm longing to see Fabinho and Keita at the top of their powers in the midfield, and hopefully that will come sooner rather than later.

A turgid Man Utd 1-0 win over Man City, and we smash Fulham by half a dozen to go top of the league, would be a nice response. As for the CL, it's on a knife edge as to who goes through.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Its not where we are now ..... its where we are when all of the group games have been played.

That’s why we shouldn’t be glib and we shouldn’t right our chances off. Its all to play for but we need to get our act together sharpish. That’s it!
There is only ever now! lol

C

Caradoc

mate..if thats your opinion honestly you havent got a clue,we were a good side LAST SEASON !!!!! A DIP ? are you serious,have you seen us play this season? seriously if i was you id take up watching basketball or something lol

Very rude, totally unnecessary.

C

Caradoc

I made no comment on the future; I was just reacting to you claiming people were overeacting. Some may have been, but most have called it right. That was damn wet-dog shabby tonight in Belgrade, and its not as if we had not seen it coming. For weeks, there was a fine line between playing badly and winning ugly, title form, and now lady luck has called it. Woeful, Rodgersesque. People should be allowed to vent, though, without a sugar coating of everything.

As to the future, this season, we are not going to win a thing until Klopp settles on a midfield, drops a few forwards, and probably has to realise he needs to buy a STRIKER!

Ive no doubt our form will pick up, but pick up to the level of winning things, is the material point, and I am not as sure as you on that. :-)

Perhaps we should start thinking about replacing Klopp then ...... ! ;-)

liver1

With the other match a draw again we actually have 2 bites of the cherry to qualify still.

A win vs PSG sends us though. A win against Napoli by 2 goals or more sends us through.

Not sure we deserve it after that performance but there you go.

C

Caradoc

Oh thats a cracker lol
Deadly serious. Based on your post, you clearly have real doubts about us winning things with Klopp at the helm. So from your point of you it seems a logical consideration to think about replacing Klopp.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Deadly serious. Based on your post, you clearly have real doubts about us winning things with Klopp at the helm. So from your point of you it seems a logical consideration to think about replacing Klopp.
I know you were, thats why Im laughing; there are intermediary points without jumping off the cliff.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I called our performance very poor in that same post, took a few players to task and have also agreed with your assessment that Klopp needs to do something about the midfield.

C

Caradoc

I know you were, thats why Im laughing; there are intermediary points without jumping off the cliff.

Your post was pretty scathing. I’d hate to see what lies beyond that that would place your post somewhere in the middle! lol

JMac8

That sums it up well but the real question is why? They just seemed to have lost the plot of how they played last season....has Buvac leaving made a difference after all?
Actually it seems our fans have lost the plot. Yes, we were poor tonight and,yes, we haven’t hit the heights of last season (yet)....but we’re UNBEATEN in the league and (points wise) have had one of our best ever starts. YNWA

FilthyBloke

Already thinking of the Fulham game now.
I’m just grateful qualification is still in our hands. Spurs are singing tonight yet they need to beat inter and then match inters score against psv when they play Barcelona.
We need to win one game.

Anyway, I hope klopp begins dropping out of form players.
TAA for Clyne for a while.
Shaqiri needs to start. Fabinho and keita need to start.

Lallana needs to beef up. He’s playing like a 12 year old in an u21 game.

And you know, if mane, salah, firmino and Sturridge are having howlers, give origi a chance. I’d be half tempted to start him against Fulham. He can’t be any worse than the others.

Flobs

FADA
Btw who gives a shit about yester years players we are here and now and this is a post match thread. If you haven't anything to say about tonights match go on to another thread with your hypothetical nonsense.
I know who's in our squad and I want them to win stuff not some fat arsed git who left us.
What ever any one says (and that includes me when it comes to Wijnaldum) it's this group that matters.
Lalana is a very good player to have if you want to control a game.
Sturridge is a fine skriker as long as you don't ask him to zonal mark the center at a corner.
Wijnaldum is very good infront of a DM roaming looking for space just don't expect him to take a yellow for the team when an opposition player is about to strike a worldie.
Mané well I just can not for the life of me imagine how any LFC supporter can criticise what he's giving atm.
TAA is a fine young talent who needs some leaders to help him progress.
Klopp is giving it his all even if he's making tactical and personel errors at the moment he will get it right.

Tonight we had a team that was split in half. Half sitting deep and half on high press with acres of space in between. On top of that they all performed poorly that can happen especially after a fairly long flight. There's wires crossed in there and our only really influencial leader isn't a player so isn't on the pitch (that complicates things some what I think).

Still that was a poor performance however as @Livvy points out we are still top of the group and have time to sort this shit out. Waffling on about what it might have been with a raspberry on the team just isn't fun to read!

FilthyBloke

Actually it seems our fans have lost the plot. Yes, we were poor tonight and,yes, we haven’t hit the heights of last season (yet)....but we’re UNBEATEN in the league and (points wise) have had one of our best ever starts. YNWA
Yeah, yet there seems a cloud of doom hovering around Anfield. A lot of supporters are feeling all a bit ‘meh’. It’s strange at the minute.

C

Caradoc

Already thinking of the Fulham game now.
I’m just grateful qualification is still in our hands. Spurs are singing tonight yet they need to beat inter and then match inters score against psv when they play Barcelona.
We need to win one game.

Anyway, I hope klopp begins dropping out of form players.
TAA for Clyne for a while.
Shaqiri needs to start. Fabinho and keita need to start.

Lallana needs to beef up. He’s playing like a 12 year old in an u21 game.

And you know, if mane, salah, firmino and Sturridge are having howlers, give origi a chance. I’d be half tempted to start him against Fulham. He can’t be any worse than the others.

Yep, something needs to be done and that’s why Klopp is paid the big bucks but its hardly crisis time or even close.

I trust Klopp to do what needs to be done. It would be good to see Keita and Fabinho given the opportunity to fully integrate themselves into the first-team set-up.

There’s still an awful lot to look forward to.

Alright Now

Btw who gives a shit about yester years players we are here and now and this is a post match thread. If you haven't anything to say about tonights match go on to another thread with your hypothetical nonsense.
I know who's in our squad and I want them to win stuff not some fat arsed git who left us.
What ever any one says (and that includes me when it comes to Wijnaldum) it's this group that matters.
Lalana is a very good player to have if you want to control a game.
Sturridge is a fine skriker as long as you don't ask him to zonal mark the center at a corner.
Wijnaldum is very good infront of a DM roaming looking for space just don't expect him to take a yellow for the team when an opposition player is about to strike a worldie.
Mané well I just can not for the life of me imagine how any LFC supporter can criticise what he's giving atm.
TAA is a fine young talent who needs some leaders to help him progress.
Klopp is giving it his all even if he's making tactical and personel errors at the moment he will get it right.

Tonight we had a team that was split in half. Half sitting deep and half on high press with acres of space in between. On top of that they all performed poorly that can happen especially after a fairly long flight. There's wires crossed in there and our only really influencial leader isn't a player so isn't on the pitch (that complicates things some what I think).

Still that was a poor performance however as @Livvy points out we are still top of the group and have time to sort this shit out. Waffling on about what it might have been with a raspberry on the team just isn't fun to read!
Not sure how quoting @Livvy solidifies your case.:J

JMac8

Yeah, yet there seems a cloud of doom hovering around Anfield. A lot of supporters are feeling all a bit ‘meh’. It’s strange at the minute.
We were spoiled by the incredible attacking performances last year and we punched way above our weight. Expectations are much higher this year so victims of our own success to some extent.

...though I do agree with the comments re Lallana. Should have been sold long ago and replaced with a strong, fast, fit fecker

OCred

What rubbish. What has happened to us.

MOTM most def traveling fans who sacrifice so much for our team.

Where is our heart? Ok, we said wait until our front 3 are clicking, quarter of the EPL and 4 games of CL, can’t say it’s a matter of not clicking.

What is going on, I am not smart enough to figure it out.

Is it formation, or more troubling our no 8 and 10 spots?

Naby has to deliver. We are out of time. Milner is a hustle guy and never quite known for creativity, which can be said for almost any England national team or English player.

Lallana will never be a goal scorer and he is now bench fodder if that. Sturridge can’t miss that and I don’t care about spin or bounce of the ball. These guys are millionaire professionals ffs.

If this aftermath of no Buvac, I am gravely concerned.

Matip too timid, where was the thought of closing in on that second goal by Matip when the opposing player was uncoiling a shot, just a nonchalant raised leg?!!!? Matip, get off my team and let’s bring in some hungrier academy players.

Moreno still making the squad over Clyne. Wtf is wrong with Clyne? Yes not much going forward but a true right back he most def is.

The good news, PSG and Napoli are tied. So our destiny is in our hands or rather feet.

Our players are gonna see the wrath of Jurgen, and they deserve a behind the doors yelling session.

Ok, they say it’s better to not keep it all bottled up inside, so forgive my outburst.